Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Carter

As much hate as Vince Carter gets nowadays..
    NO ONE can deny the fact that early in his time with the Raptors (maybe not towards the end) he brought the franchise success and the franchise to new popularity and success.
    So I ask... was Vince Carter ever a superstar with the raptors? or was he simply a star?

go to a 3rd world country, and ask somebody to name ANY toronto raptor ever.

they'll only ever know Vince Carter.

superstar.

Comment

Vince Carter was not a Superstar in the way that Kobe or Lebron are, but he was easily one of the most popular players in the league. He was very, very good and he did bring a fan base to the Raptors which is why the franchise survived when their cousins in Vancouver got moved so I'd say his importance to us is sometimes underestimated.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Vince was a superstar and possibly the best player on the planet when he was in Toronto. I hated Vince for what he did to this franchise but at the same time this organization wouldn't be where it is today without him. I am over that he quit on this team and I'm sure he regrets it. He was very young and immature and I'll forgive him for that.

Comment

I would say he was a superstar, and his following was pretty big in the states while he played here. I think I read somewhere once that his raps jeresy was in the top 5 in sales on nba.com the year he won the dunk contest.

Comment

There's a reason players keep leaving Toronto. Its because the fans are ridiculous. One second everybody hates the guy, and the next they love him. What a joke.

Comment

NOBODY loves VC.

not in this city.

but when he was good, he was amazing.

we all jumped out of our seats everytime he dunked.

but ya.. he's a massive douchebag too.

Comment

This isnt a revelation but the term "superstar" gets thrown around more than "max player".

Vince Carter was a very good and athletic player with star qualities because of his unique athleticism.

He has never won anything either with the Raptors or on 2 other very good teams. Superstar should be restricted,imo, to those who truly make a difference and win championsips having played a major part in that process. The one exception I make today is Lebron because of his sheer force of personality, talent and athleticism.

Comment

He was our best player ever, bottom line no doubt about it. But i would say he was a star, not a superstar. Superstars wins championships.

Comment

"Superstar - a person, as a performer or athlete, who enjoys wide recognition, is esteemed for exceptional talent, and is eagerly sought after for his or her services. "

I would say yes he was , at one point he was up there when ppl discussed who's the best in the league. His lack of desire and laziness caught up to him , but he was definitely a superstar early in his career.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      Vince Carter was not a Superstar in the way that Kobe or Lebron are, but he was easily one of the most popular players in the league. He was very, very good and he did bring a fan base to the Raptors which is why the franchise survived when their cousins in Vancouver got moved so I'd say his importance to us is sometimes underestimated.
                      actually he was for a short while and then he stopped caring.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                        There's a reason players keep leaving Toronto. Its because the fans are ridiculous. One second everybody hates the guy, and the next they love him. What a joke.
                        I'm sure that's the reason... We love anyone that shows up and puts forth a good effort. I'm sure most fans understand the reason why Bosh is leaving and good on him for making a decision that will put him in the best position to win. What we dont like is how they leave. Bosh has been incredibly unprofessional in the way he has handled this. We hate Vince because he he quit on the team. We are given pretty good reasons to hate the guys that leave under bad terms.
                        JYD, Mats Sundin, Mo Pete, Reed Johnson are the type of guys that Toronto sports fans like because they put in a good effort night in and night out and handled themselves with nothing but class.

Comment

its kinda screwed up that for all he did, VC will always be less beloved by the city than Popeye Jones.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            This isnt a revelation but the term "superstar" gets thrown around more than "max player".

Vince Carter was a very good and athletic player with star qualities because of his unique athleticism.

He has never won anything either with the Raptors or on 2 other very good teams. Superstar should be restricted,imo, to those who truly make a difference and win championsips having played a major part in that process. The one exception I make today is Lebron because of his sheer force of personality, talent and athleticism.
                            if im not mistaken, i think he was one shot away from the eastern conference finals, and i think thats winning "something" with the raptors.

superstar most definitely. i like what heinz57 said, its totally true. i came from a third world country and the only reason why people know about the raps is because of VC. well know also because of Bosh but it still all started with VC.

probably even a HOF. if he doesnt get into the hall, the only reason i can think of would be the way he exited toronto, not full of class, but at the time, the situation just ate him up and he was forced to bail.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              actually he was for a short while and then he stopped caring.
                              i totally agree. if you actually look back and see the "mold" of players who became elite players in the league, VC's game play, take note haters before you complain, i said GAME PLAY was the same mold as MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Paul, players who can almost do everything on the court.

I think losing the 2nd round series to the 76ers really affected him and he didnt like how the people treated him after that, plus the ridiculous raptors signings, acquisitions and draft picks after that. i think if he stayed in toronto maybe 1 year or 2 more and the raps were really able to build around him and CB, he wouldve taken the Raps to the eastern finals and maybe even to the finals. that wouldve made him elite.

Comment

Working...
                              X