No announcement yet.

Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess he thought the criticism of him flying to UNC and back on the same day as the biggest game of his career was unwarranted.

Too bad.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

VC is the only reason were sitting here chatting on RR. I would consider a guy who single handedly got the Raps to be sustainable franchise more then a superstar, it takes god to do that. He's the most exciting player I have ever watched right there with Kobe, Nash, and Lebron. At the time, nobody knew the relevance of his presence. But man Vince was sweet, I can't stand it when he gets boo's everytime he comes back, just a bunch of retarded fans there for the wrong reason.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
        VC is the only reason were sitting here chatting on RR. I would consider a guy who single handedly got the Raps to be sustainable franchise more then a superstar, it takes god to do that. He's the most exciting player I have ever watched right there with Kobe, Nash, and Lebron. At the time, nobody knew the relevance of his presence. But man Vince was sweet, I can't stand it when he gets boo's everytime he comes back, just a bunch of retarded fans there for the wrong reason.
        Amen to that.

I think if we want to respect Chris Bosh because he played like a champion while he was here, then i think Vince Carter needs to be respected too as he put the Toronto Raptors on the map.

Comment

Do you not think that if Kobe quit on the lakers that he would get booed after getting traded? Or if OV quit on the Caps and gets traded for a bunch of ahl players that will never amount to anything wouldn't get booed... Come on man we are passionate fans that care about our franchises just like any other city. We haven't seen a winner since the Jays won back to back titles and we continually get screwed by having losers on the ice, court, field. If we get something to cheer about we are gonna cheer and if we get a reason to boo we will do that too.
          Last edited by Selects87; Thu Jul 8, 2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
            Do you not think that if Kobe quit on the lakers that he would get booed after getting traded? Or if OV quit on the Caps and gets traded for a bunch of ahl players that will never amount to anything wouldn't get booed... Come on man we are passionate fans that care about our franchises just like any other city. We haven't seen a winner since the Jays won back to back titles and we continually get screwed by having losers on the ice, court, field. If we get something to cheer about we are gonna cheer and if we get a reason to boo we will do that too.
            Actually Kobe did demand a trade a couple years ago (post Shaq), and they somehow woo'd him to stay, and look what has transpired since. I know what your saying, but there's just nothing good that comes from being cynical. On the contrary, I may have crossed the line, because I agree the Raps have the most passionate fans in the League! Its a toss up my friend, Personally, Its just sad to see VC's tarnished image.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              i like what heinz57 said, its totally true. i came from a third world country and the only reason why people know about the raps is because of VC. well know also because of Bosh but it still all started with VC.

probably even a HOF. if he doesnt get into the hall, the only reason i can think of would be the way he exited toronto, not full of class, but at the time, the situation just ate him up and he was forced to bail.
              when I was in Mexico last year I met a dude rocking a Vince Carter raptors jersey. He had no idea VC wasn't on the raptors anymore and couldn't name a single other raptors player. His only real memory of VC was the dunk comps.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                go to a 3rd world country, and ask somebody to name ANY toronto raptor ever.

they'll only ever know Vince Carter.

superstar.
                Ima let you finish...but Vince Carter was the best Raptor of ALL TIME...of all time!

Comment

Actually Kobe did demand a trade a couple years ago (post Shaq), and they somehow woo'd him to stay, and look what has transpired since. I know what your saying, but there's just nothing good that comes from being cynical. On the contrary, I may have crossed the line, because I agree the Raps have the most passionate fans in the League! Its a toss up my friend, Personally, Its just sad to see VC's tarnished image.
                  Yeah he did demand a trade but he never quit on his team... when the lakers were awful he still showed up and somehow put 82 points up against the raptors. I agree 100% that it's sad that his image is tarnished but he did it to himself. I'll never forget the interview when he said that he was done dunking. I believe that at the end of his career he will get all the respect that he deserves by the fans and organization. I wish he would have gave it 100% all the way through his career, he could have had a very special career.

Comment

Summary of VC's NBA Star Status:
                    • Superstar: NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest (2000)
                    • All-Star: NBA Regular Season (2000; 2001) and NBA Playoffs (2001)
                    • Rising Star: NBA Regular Season (1998; 1999; 2000) and NBA Playoffs (2000)

That is all.
                    RR OG

Comment

he was definitly a Top 3 most Popular player in the nba during his prime with the Raptors. Its such a pity that he had to force himself out of town like that -.-
                      It pains me to think of what the Raptors could of been if we held on to out players with out them wanting to leave. Our starting lineup today could look something like this:
                      PG: Chauncey billups
                      SG: Vince Carter
                      SF: Tracy McGrady
                      PF: Chris Bosh
                      C: Marcus Camby/Andrea Bargnani

With a bench consisting of players today whether it is Jose, Jack, Parker, Amir Johnson, Derozan.
                      That squad would have a perfect combination of veteran leadership, youth, skill, rebounding, energy off the bench. I think that squad could be championship contendors an easy 48-55 win team.

Carter if he kept working could be the leader of this squad being a superstar if he was willing to work.... And with the skill on this squad his skill could probably be kept at a steady level for another 2-3 years before wearing him out. Bosh could be the perfect sidekick for him.

Comment

Superstar. Shrewd Multimillionaire who avoided injury at all costs. Could've been a contender.

Comment

Working...
                        X