Goydos Opens John Deere Classic With A 12-Under 59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goydos Opens John Deere Classic With A 12-Under 59

Paul Goydos shot 12-under 59 Thursday in the first round of the John Deere Classic.

Goydos made a 7-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole to post golf’s magic number.

Goydos went out in 4-under 31 on the par-71, 7,257-yard TPC Deere Run in Silvis, Ill., then birdied eight of nine holes coming in for an 8-under 28.

His birdie putts on holes 11-13 came from 40 feet, 20 feet and 25 feet, respectively. Goydos missed just one fairway and two greens in regulation while taking just 22 putts, including 14 one-putts.

He is the fourth player in PGA Tour history to shoot 59. The last was David Duval, in the final round of the 1999 Bob Hope Classic. Al Geiberger (1977 at Memphis) and Chip Beck (1991 at Las Vegas) have also shot 59 on the PGA Tour.
    comp story on link

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/ju...re-classic-59/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.
Working...
X