Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 152

Thread: Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

  1. #21
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dirk Diggler wrote: View Post
    Does any body know if we could use the trade exemption to give away salary and get nothing in return? This way we could just give away turk for some picks or nothing at all.
    That can only happen if the team we're trading Turk to has enough cap space to a absorb his contract, or has an appropriate trade exception.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    A trade exemption doesn't seem to signal that. That would signal that they are going to hijack an overpaid star from a floundering franchise and hope that he can gel with all the spare parts that BC is accumulating, maybe BC should go on A&E's hoarders.

    I'm starting to like the trade exemption more and more. The West is going to be full retard next year. Name three teams that you can guarantee will miss the playoffs, you can't. More than a couple teams are going to be eating pavement and looking to shed salary. Could Nash make the raps pretenders in the East?

    Portland could hit the cellar and potentially be shopping Roy...
    A trade exception could mean anything. They could hold onto it until the next draft and take on a player to get a draft pick, as Oklahoma and a couple of other teams did. They could use it to help a team dump salary in exchange for a draft pick or young player. They could simply want the trade exception because they didn't want salary back and wanted the draft pick(s), and have no intention of using it.

    As for Portland shopping Roy, I don't think they would be that stupid, but if Portland doesn't do well this year, they might very well be ready to deal.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 4 Team deal in the works?

    I'm listening to the fan 590 and E Smith is talking to Micheal Wallace of the Miami Herald and has reported that there is an apparent 4 team deal in the works with the Raptors getting a mix of young players and draft picks. It's good to hear that there is still a chance of something going down that will end up with the Raptors getting some assets.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yea that is true, but BC is stuck in the old hand style of being a general manager. I fully expect him to try and rebound Bosh's departure with a big name.

    I'm also of the opinion that it is better for the young guys to get playoff experience and dabble in mediocrity rather than build a culture of losing and possibly get trapped in a perennially lottery bound 30 year rebuild like the Clippers.

    I wasn't of this opinion when the raps were trying to make the playoffs this past season, but the East is wide open this year and if they can add a point guard there is no stopping them from going deep into the first round.

    You think its a coincidence that the best GM in the league, Sam Presti didn't go after any free agents and quietly resigned the soon to be best player in the game.
    The only purpose of cap space should be to resign your own players and take on other teams bad contracts in return for picks and young talent. When Presti got Kurt Thomas and two numbers ones from Phoenix, it signaled to me the end of an era and the dawn of a new phase of basketball and any team that used it cap space to sign guys not named Wade or Bron are sadly still using the obsolete model.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Simple, if Houston throws in Ariza or Battier in the deal in the direction of the Raptors, the deal gets done.
    obviously that's not what they 're offering in the 3.5 million salary.

    Toronto would get Ariza or Battier , their first round pick back, plus a trade exception of around 7 millions or so;

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Selects87 wrote: View Post
    I'm listening to the fan 590 and E Smith is talking to Micheal Wallace of the Miami Herald and has reported that there is an apparent 4 team deal in the works with the Raptors getting a mix of young players and draft picks. It's good to hear that there is still a chance of something going down that will end up with the Raptors getting some assets.
    You better be telling the truth... or I will trade you for Beastor beasley

  7. #27
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This has already been posted and added as a Hot Topic on the front page.

    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2841

    I'll lock this up.

  8. #28
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    This has already been posted and added as a Hot Topic on the front page.

    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2841

    I'll lock this up.
    I just merged to the 2 threads Arse.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Positive sign for a S&T - Marc Stein just tweeted that Charlotte is "highly motivated" to get Beasley. One would think that if any coach could get him to get serious it would be Larry Brown. Though I guess he never responded to Pat Riley's old-school approach.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Riley wasn't the coach. Being around Larry Brown day by day should be a positive thing for him.

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post

    I wasn't of this opinion when the raps were trying to make the playoffs this past season, but the East is wide open this year and if they can add a point guard there is no stopping them from going deep into the first round.
    "going deep into the first round" ??

    way to shoot for the stars !

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Izmir, Turkey
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    That can only happen if the team we're trading Turk to has enough cap space to a absorb his contract, or has an appropriate trade exception.
    Orlando?

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Chris paul

    LeBron stays and Chris Paul joins him.. via trade

    THE END

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Yea that is true, but BC is stuck in the old hand style of being a general manager. I fully expect him to try and rebound Bosh's departure with a big name.

    I'm also of the opinion that it is better for the young guys to get playoff experience and dabble in mediocrity rather than build a culture of losing and possibly get trapped in a perennially lottery bound 30 year rebuild like the Clippers.

    I wasn't of this opinion when the raps were trying to make the playoffs this past season, but the East is wide open this year and if they can add a point guard there is no stopping them from going deep into the first round.

    You think its a coincidence that the best GM in the league, Sam Presti didn't go after any free agents and quietly resigned the soon to be best player in the game.
    The only purpose of cap space should be to resign your own players and take on other teams bad contracts in return for picks and young talent. When Presti got Kurt Thomas and two numbers ones from Phoenix, it signaled to me the end of an era and the dawn of a new phase of basketball and any team that used it cap space to sign guys not named Wade or Bron are sadly still using the obsolete model.
    If Colangelo ends up getting a big name player with a big salary with the exception, I'll be extremely disappointed. I understand not wanting to have a losing culture, but the problem the Raptors have is they have so good young talent, but no great young talent. They need to get a high lottery pick next year and a shot at a potential top 10 player if they want to be anything but a mediocre team for the long term.

    Mediocrity is far, far worse than a season or two in the lottery without the right players. I like the Raptors young guys, but they simply don't have the pieces to be anything but a mediocre team without a true elite talent.

    The Clippers were a team mismanaged and they drafted badly, which is why they have been bad for so long. Same with Golden State or most teams that have been perennial lottery teams.

    Either you have the confidence you're a good enough GM to be able to rebuild the right way and do it fairly quickly (2-3 years) or you simply don't have confidence in your abilities, and that's not a good sign.

    And I like what Sam Presti has done in Oklahoma, and that is the model Colangelo should be using, but let's not canonize the guy just yet. So far, his team hasn't made it past the second round and if he hadn't lucked out and grabbed Durant, they wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are now. Let's see what Presti over the next 2 or 3 years. Right now, RC Buford has to be the guy with the best GM title.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah. I agree with that sentiment (the Tim W sentiment). I would say we should look to the Indiana Pacers as the team we should avoid being. Never terrible, never great leaves them always in the middle of the draft. I will never, ever argue for tanking or losing to get a higher draft pick, but you also - if you want to develop your young talent - have to play your young talent and let them get you the best they can. If that means you end up as at the bottom, at least you're not there with a team of veterans. You pick yourself up, get better in the offseason, and hit her again.

    You need to build your team that way, or build one you think can win a championship, if not now, then at some point. No sense in building a team that you know will never take you past the first or second round at best. Championship or nothing - now or in the future. That's the way all GM's and all players have to look at it.

    And, most importantly, you have to believe the players you've assembled can take you there. Otherwise it's all just a waste of time.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jul 8th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Right now, RC Buford has to be the guy with the best GM title.
    Definitely, he has shown ability year after year. Toronto fans would probably hate him as a GM here though, because you know he'll be drafting Euros (and other international players) left and right.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I FEEL SAD FOR ONE PERSON WHO IS UP among the MEGASTAR: DWIGHT HOWARD

    NO ATTENTION... he's much better then BOSH no doubt. NOTHING FOR HIM...

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Riley wasn't the coach. Being around Larry Brown day by day should be a positive thing for him.
    I know Riley wasn't the coach, but he tried to "school" him frequently. (And someone like Pat Riley wouldn't like a bust at #2 on his resume ) I agree though that if anyone can bring out Beasley's potential it would be Larry Brown.

  19. #39
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    "going deep into the first round" ??

    way to shoot for the stars !
    Haha...That was pretty funny. Expectations have fallen big time, I was hoping to see a playoff series win the year after we lost to the Nets and maybe a conference finals appearance a couple years after that. Instead we got crushed by Orlando and missed the playoffs twice. Talk about bursting a bubble.

  20. #40
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post
    Orlando?
    The TPE Orlando gained in the Turkoglu trade expires tomorrow. Doesn't really matter though, because they have enough spare parts that a trade with them would see players being exchanged.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •