Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that TPE money can be traded for draft picks.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Have the details of the S&T been released? Please tell me they didn't just get a trade exception and our draft pick back.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    if the s&t does go through, i think it will be good because at least we got something for Bosh. But, really, who can we really get for $16 mil without overpaying? i mean there are probably a lot of players in the league who are worth $16 mil but realistically, who will want to join the Raptors who is now officially halfway through a rebuilding process? plus our massive tax and crazy weather? plus the notion that franchise players no matter how good they are cant win here?

i love this team and city, but its a fact that the Raptors cannot acquire but rather can only create their own superstars. Can somebody tell me who the Raps have acquired, throughout the years, who was a superstar or even borderline superstar while they were still in their prime or at least approaching it through a signing or even a trade?
    correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not like they have to use the TPE on one guy, or all at once. the total value of it can be spread out over multiple deals, and is good until this time next year. generally speaking, it just gives them more leeway when making deals, since they can take on (substantially) more $$ than they send out. so, they could trade a draft pick to a team looking to clear cap space or get under the tax & pick up a good player & a bad contract for *nothing*. best example (and one that will never, ever happen) would be sending a pick & either expiring contracts or cheap young players to NO for collison & okafor. for the favour of taking okafor's horrific contract off their hands, NO has to surrender collison.

and if anyone comments about how dumb or unrealistic that proposal was, it was just an example of the kind of flexibility they could have using the TPE.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bringbackbonner wrote: View Post
    Have the details of the S&T been released? Please tell me they didn't just get a trade exception and our draft pick back.
    Basically that, and maybe another draft pick. But what else did you expect to come from Miami? Chalmers is the only other guy on the roster...

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bringbackbonner wrote: View Post
    geez, what more were you expecting? BC seemed to make it clear he wasn't taking back contracts, so even if all we're getting back is our own first-rounder and the TPE, it's better than nothing.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris paul....

I've said it from day one...this guy wants out of new orleans,go get him...if it means picking up posey..do it...as for Omeka Okafor...ewwwww..don't know,unless u have another trade in works him 2 go somewhere else...
    I WANT CHRIS PAUL THE REAL FRANCHISE...NOT AVATAR BOY IN SOUTH BEACH!!!

P.S

LEBRON U DISSAPOINT ME...URE LEGACY JUST BECAME NOTHING!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    The ESPN report said that they also agreed to swap future first round picks, though it doesn't say for what year. Regardless I can't see Minnesota being good any time soon, so it could turn out to be a nice addition down the line.
    I thought this was hilarious when I read it. Miami and Minnesota agreeing to swap draft picks is apparently supposed to be what Minnesota got. In other words, Minnesota asked for it in order to help them. Anyone think Miami is going to draft below Minnesota anytime in the near future?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    I've said it from day one...this guy wants out of new orleans,go get him...if it means picking up posey..do it...as for Omeka Okafor...ewwwww..don't know,unless u have another trade in works him 2 go somewhere else...
    I WANT CHRIS PAUL THE REAL FRANCHISE...NOT AVATAR BOY IN SOUTH BEACH!!!

P.S

LEBRON U DISSAPOINT ME...URE LEGACY JUST BECAME NOTHING!!!

Some of the TPE packaged with Calderon could maybe get CP3 plus a couple of draft picks. We can only dream
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jul 9th, 2010 at 02:16 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I thought this was hilarious when I read it. Miami and Minnesota agreeing to swap draft picks is apparently supposed to be what Minnesota got. In other words, Minnesota asked for it in order to help them. Anyone think Miami is going to draft below Minnesota anytime in the near future?
    I don't know all the trade details but Beasley is still worth something especially to a team like the T-Wolves. It will be interesting to see what they do with Love and Beasley. They also are loaded with SF's Maybe Beasley will be repackaged.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Raptors can't get rid of one of their contracts, I think a trade exception and a couple of draft picks is the best the Raptors could hope for. Hopefully everyone is happy that the Raptors now have ALL their future first round picks and the world will not end.

Strangely enough, this is basically what I said the Raptors would probably end up receiving for Bosh in a sign and trade months ago.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

With the trade exception toronto could turn linas into a sign and trade. THen use that free TPE to trade for CHildress. Atlanta wants to sign shaq and certainly doesn't need CHildress. THis would reunite Childress and LInas to build on their success at the Euro's. Hopefully this happens. I think that would make us a playoff team maybe 8th seed

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    The ESPN report said that they also agreed to swap future first round picks, though it doesn't say for what year. Regardless I can't see Minnesota being good any time soon, so it could turn out to be a nice addition down the line.
    How does the right to swap picks factor when picks are traded? If we Miami trades us their first rounder in the year that they have the option of swapping picks, does the right to swap automatically get included with the pick? Does it stay with Miami and get pushed to the following year? Can Miami trade their 'right to trade picks' without actually trading a pick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    With the trade exception toronto could turn linas into a sign and trade. THen use that free TPE to trade for CHildress. Atlanta wants to sign shaq and certainly doesn't need CHildress. THis would reunite Childress and LInas to build on their success at the Euro's. Hopefully this happens. I think that would make us a playoff team maybe 8th seed
    Childress sucks. I would rather give Bargnani's backup minutes to Alabi than Childress

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Thank God Riley has found a new victim

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Im just glad something is almost done
    as long as we get our pick plus one of theirs i think we should all be happy

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Childress stats are pretty solid and he plays pretty good defense. Still pretty young at 27 and could be a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Better then Demar or Weems at this point. It will be good to see the summer league games to see how the young gunz play with davis and alabi. Then we can see what the raptors have next year.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Some of the TPE packaged with Calderon could maybe get CP3 plus a couple of draft picks. We can only dream
    This is a rewrite...CP just signed with LJ's mgmt. company. I suspect in a year at most he is headed for Miami....which not only makes CP a toxic asset (unless he signs an extension when traded) as well as take Collison off the market. Damn.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This TPE is enough to absorb all of CP3's contract outright. The raps could trade Banks and Evans combined for Okafor, thus relieving NO of both contracts (the thinking is they go together because NO wants to get rid of Okafor but nobody will take him without also demanding CP3). The Raps could then deal Calderon and Turkoglu separately for more swingman help or future considerations. The resulting team would likely be much better than last year's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    Wow. An 8th seed! That's exciting. Let's everyone hear it for mediocrity!

Sorry, but trying to barely make the playoffs will hurt the team's long term chances at being a contender far more than Bosh leaving will.

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I don't know all the trade details but Beasley is still worth something especially to a team like the T-Wolves. It will be interesting to see what they do with Love and Beasley. They also are loaded with SF's Maybe Beasley will be repackaged.
    The T-Wolves are certainly acquiring a lot of young pieces. I'm not sure what they are going to do with them. Someone on hear mentioned that they were going after Ridnour, too. I guess you can never have enough PGs, SFs or PFs.

Thread Information