Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Antonio Davis, or Hedo Turkoglu. The former was used wisely while the latter was wasted by a reluctant coaching staff who wanted to run the ball through a point guard who has not lived up to his pre-contract potential. Remember when Jose Calderone was considered a potential all-star point guard who NEVER missed a free throw? I sure do.

P.S. - Antonio Davis was one tough SOB to play against and he carried the Raptor defense while Air Canada got all the press - until Vince decided not to miss his graduation ceremony.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    Childress stats are pretty solid and he plays pretty good defense. Still pretty young at 27 and could be a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Better then Demar or Weems at this point. It will be good to see the summer league games to see how the young gunz play with davis and alabi. Then we can see what the raptors have next year.
    My bad I thought you were referring to Chandler. Childress is good and I would have loved to have had the Raptors sign him. Now however I I don't see the Raptors signing or obtaining another wing player unless Denver matches on Kleiza.

Other than maybe swapping Calderon for a PG, preferably CP3 I don't see the Raptors making another trade this summer. Of course BC could surprise.

If Denver doesn't match on Kleiza the Raptors will have 13 players on their roster including Alabi. I see them adding one or maybe two more. One a center, hopefully the Amazing Cheikh Samb and maybe Dorsey.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    My bad I thought you were referring to Chandler. Childress is good and I would have loved to have had the Raptors sign him. Now however I I don't see the Raptors signing or obtaining another wing player unless Denver matches on Kleiza.

Other than maybe swapping Calderon for a PG, preferably CP3 I don't see the Raptors making another trade this summer. Of course BC could surprise.

If Denver doesn't match on Kleiza the Raptors will have 13 players on their roster including Alabi. I see them adding one or maybe two more. One a center, hopefully the Amazing Cheikh Samb and maybe Dorsey.
    ya i agree. With BC coming out and saying that he doenst want to lose (who really does when its your job to win?) it doesnt seem likely that he will blow up the team. There might be one or 2 minor trades to obtain a draft pick or two but thats about it. That being said i dont see how we can win with this team...

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Bosh okay with the S&T details? or does he want to wait to see how long Dwayne and Bron sign for first?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, one more mention of Chris Paul and im going to puke. Why in the world would Paul want to play here? Unless he's delusional and thinks he's the reincarnation of oscar robertson and plans to take on the Miami Thrice himself. Give it a rest people. If you were Paul, would you come to Toronto? Of course youd try and team up with other superstars like DHow or even with Amare. If he wanted to go his own way to win a championship, he'd stay in NO.

If we use the TPE and split it over a couple of "good" players then there's no point. Might as well tank the season and wait for the lottery next year. But i think we still have good pieces here to use to maybe even get into the playoffs IF we can use the TPE to get a superstar/starter, but might be impossible at this point.

who can we get for $16mil?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    Is Bosh okay with the S&T details? or does he want to wait to see how long Dwayne and Bron sign for first?
    here's the expected contracts

bosh:6yrs

lbj:5yrs/opt out clause on 4th year

wade:6 years/opt out clause on 5th year.

i'm not sure on the number but i think they're all maxes.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Might as well tank the season and wait for the lottery next year. But i think we still have good pieces here to use to maybe even get into the playoffs IF we can use the TPE to get a superstar/starter, but might be impossible at this point.

Ok, so we tank the season and luck smiles on us and we get the 1st pick. Then what? We had the first pick a few years ago, if I recall. I don't see any promised land in our future.

Who's to say that next year's number 1 pick would be any more likely to develop into a dominant NBA superstar? How many of the past dozen number 1 picks are considered league "superstars"? Half? Probably less.

Tanking a season doesn't guarantee us anything except a losing record.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, one more mention of Chris Paul and im going to puke. Why in the world would Paul want to play here? Unless he's delusional and thinks he's the reincarnation of oscar robertson and plans to take on the Miami Thrice himself. Give it a rest people. If you were Paul, would you come to Toronto? Of course youd try and team up with other superstars like DHow or even with Amare. If he wanted to go his own way to win a championship, he'd stay in NO.

If we use the TPE and split it over a couple of "good" players then there's no point. Might as well tank the season and wait for the lottery next year. But i think we still have good pieces here to use to maybe even get into the playoffs IF we can use the TPE to get a superstar/starter, but might be impossible at this point.

chris paul, bahahahaha
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    Ok, so we tank the season and luck smiles on us and we get the 1st pick. Then what? We had the first pick a few years ago, if I recall. I don't see any promised land in our future.

Who's to say that next year's number 1 pick would be any more likely to develop into a dominant NBA superstar? How many of the past dozen number 1 picks are considered league "superstars"? Half? Probably less.

Tanking a season doesn't guarantee us anything except a losing record.
    hahaha dude, i was being sarcastic on that part of my post. please read the whole thing. What im pointing out is if we will split the TPE to get mediocre players, then thats just the same as tanking the season.

I dont want us to get mediocre players for the TPE because i dont want us to tank the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    chris paul, bahahahaha
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jul 9th, 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha dude, i was being sarcastic on that part of my post. please read the whole thing. What im pointing out is if we will split the TPE to get mediocre players, then thats just the same as tanking the season.

I dont want us to get mediocre players for the TPE because i dont want us to tank the season.
    Sorry, misunderstood.

Don't worry. BC won't split the TPE. He'll find a solid $8-10 mill a year guy and give it all to him, because our GM is a generous guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    Sorry, misunderstood.

Don't worry. BC won't split the TPE. He'll find a solid $8-10 mill a year guy and give it all to him, because our GM is a generous guy.
    no worries.
    thats what im actually expecting.
    we get a tier 2 guy and overpay him.
    always been the case.

Post Thanks / Like

I could see him going after a guy like AK. Chances are if they're going to use a TPE on a player, the other team is trying to dump a bloated contract.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Roarque wrote: View Post
    How about Antonio Davis, or Hedo Turkoglu. The former was used wisely while the latter was wasted by a reluctant coaching staff who wanted to run the ball through a point guard who has not lived up to his pre-contract potential. Remember when Jose Calderone was considered a potential all-star point guard who NEVER missed a free throw? I sure do.

P.S. - Antonio Davis was one tough SOB to play against and he carried the Raptor defense while Air Canada got all the press - until Vince decided not to miss his graduation ceremony.
    Antonio Davis was used to be a role player. Turkoglu was used to having the ball in his hands. You could plug Davis on any team and he would be useful. Tukoglu requires a specific situation to take advantage of his skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I could see him going after a guy like AK. Chances are if they're going to use a TPE on a player, the other team is trying to dump a bloated contract.
    would he be a fit with the Raps? would he greatly improve the team? But isnt AK a SF? so he would overlap with Hedo?

How about Chris Kaman?

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I Think The TPE will only be usefull if somehow we get paul lol

Post Thanks / Like

would he be a fit with the Raps? would he greatly improve the team? But isnt AK a SF? so he would overlap with Hedo?

How about Chris Kaman?
    You assume that the Raptors want to keep Hedo long term after Hedo demanded a trade and the Raptors have been looking for suitors.

Why would the Clippers want the TPE over Kaman?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the best option is to wait for the season to start and see which teams are underachieving and wait for a Washington esque combustion. I know Apollo doesn't think they are too common, but every team in the West has playoff aspirations except maybe GS who made one of the worst moves i've ever heard of. So maybe they will dump Ellis since they are in full retard mode and worst case scenario I think Steve Nash can be pried for nothing since Sarver is also a retard.

The only goal for BC should be to acquire a top flight point guard, every other position has depth or a young player in need of more burn.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    The only goal for BC should be to acquire a top flight point guard, every other position has depth or a young player in need of more burn.
    I would change that to "primary goal" but generally, yeah, top flight point guard would be nice. I fear we have two awesome back up PG's. I like them both in that role. I like Calderon better.

Would be tough to beat Arenas in terms of top flight point guard. That would open up a lot for us. Obviously Collison as well. Both would be excellent choices.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    I would change that to "primary goal" but generally, yeah, top flight point guard would be nice. I fear we have two awesome back up PG's. I like them both in that role. I like Calderon better.

Would be tough to beat Arenas in terms of top flight point guard. That would open up a lot for us. Obviously Collison as well. Both would be excellent choices.
    Please, not Arenas. A shoot first PG with a very checkered off court history and who already may be past him prime. That would be an awful idea.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information