Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beasley trade was for a second round pick.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
      The idea of developing young gunz sounds promising, however you guys forget to remember that all young players developed by Raptors deserted before they reach their potential (Damon, Vince, Tracy, Chris). The most important thing for Raptors is to get players that are committed to play in Toronto, not attention whores that are ready any time to bolt just to get a ring by pairing with others.
      Actually, Vince left AFTER he had peaked, and Bosh certainly reached his potential in Toronto. In fact, I don't think he's ever going to achieve the individual success he had in Toronto again. So your statement isn't true.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        The Beasley trade was for a second round pick.
        The ESPN report said that they also agreed to swap future first round picks, though it doesn't say for what year. Regardless I can't see Minnesota being good any time soon, so it could turn out to be a nice addition down the line.

Comment

Maybe Miami flips the 2nd rounder from the Beasley trade this way too? That may be a high 2nd rounder.

Comment

if the s&t does go through, i think it will be good because at least we got something for Bosh. But, really, who can we really get for $16 mil without overpaying? i mean there are probably a lot of players in the league who are worth $16 mil but realistically, who will want to join the Raptors who is now officially halfway through a rebuilding process? plus our massive tax and crazy weather? plus the notion that franchise players no matter how good they are cant win here?

i love this team and city, but its a fact that the Raptors cannot acquire but rather can only create their own superstars. Can somebody tell me who the Raps have acquired, throughout the years, who was a superstar or even borderline superstar while they were still in their prime or at least approaching it through a signing or even a trade?

Comment

I believe that TPE money can be traded for draft picks.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Have the details of the S&T been released? Please tell me they didn't just get a trade exception and our draft pick back.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  if the s&t does go through, i think it will be good because at least we got something for Bosh. But, really, who can we really get for $16 mil without overpaying? i mean there are probably a lot of players in the league who are worth $16 mil but realistically, who will want to join the Raptors who is now officially halfway through a rebuilding process? plus our massive tax and crazy weather? plus the notion that franchise players no matter how good they are cant win here?

i love this team and city, but its a fact that the Raptors cannot acquire but rather can only create their own superstars. Can somebody tell me who the Raps have acquired, throughout the years, who was a superstar or even borderline superstar while they were still in their prime or at least approaching it through a signing or even a trade?
                  correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not like they have to use the TPE on one guy, or all at once. the total value of it can be spread out over multiple deals, and is good until this time next year. generally speaking, it just gives them more leeway when making deals, since they can take on (substantially) more $$ than they send out. so, they could trade a draft pick to a team looking to clear cap space or get under the tax & pick up a good player & a bad contract for *nothing*. best example (and one that will never, ever happen) would be sending a pick & either expiring contracts or cheap young players to NO for collison & okafor. for the favour of taking okafor's horrific contract off their hands, NO has to surrender collison.

and if anyone comments about how dumb or unrealistic that proposal was, it was just an example of the kind of flexibility they could have using the TPE.
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

bringbackbonner wrote: View Post
                    Have the details of the S&T been released? Please tell me they didn't just get a trade exception and our draft pick back.
                    Basically that, and maybe another draft pick. But what else did you expect to come from Miami? Chalmers is the only other guy on the roster...

Comment

bringbackbonner wrote: View Post
                      geez, what more were you expecting? BC seemed to make it clear he wasn't taking back contracts, so even if all we're getting back is our own first-rounder and the TPE, it's better than nothing.
                      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Chris paul....

I've said it from day one...this guy wants out of new orleans,go get him...if it means picking up posey..do it...as for Omeka Okafor...ewwwww..don't know,unless u have another trade in works him 2 go somewhere else...
                        I WANT CHRIS PAUL THE REAL FRANCHISE...NOT AVATAR BOY IN SOUTH BEACH!!!

P.S

LEBRON U DISSAPOINT ME...URE LEGACY JUST BECAME NOTHING!!!
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          The ESPN report said that they also agreed to swap future first round picks, though it doesn't say for what year. Regardless I can't see Minnesota being good any time soon, so it could turn out to be a nice addition down the line.
                          I thought this was hilarious when I read it. Miami and Minnesota agreeing to swap draft picks is apparently supposed to be what Minnesota got. In other words, Minnesota asked for it in order to help them. Anyone think Miami is going to draft below Minnesota anytime in the near future?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            I've said it from day one...this guy wants out of new orleans,go get him...if it means picking up posey..do it...as for Omeka Okafor...ewwwww..don't know,unless u have another trade in works him 2 go somewhere else...
                            I WANT CHRIS PAUL THE REAL FRANCHISE...NOT AVATAR BOY IN SOUTH BEACH!!!

P.S

LEBRON U DISSAPOINT ME...URE LEGACY JUST BECAME NOTHING!!!

Some of the TPE packaged with Calderon could maybe get CP3 plus a couple of draft picks. We can only dream
                            Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 02:16 PM.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              I thought this was hilarious when I read it. Miami and Minnesota agreeing to swap draft picks is apparently supposed to be what Minnesota got. In other words, Minnesota asked for it in order to help them. Anyone think Miami is going to draft below Minnesota anytime in the near future?
                              I don't know all the trade details but Beasley is still worth something especially to a team like the T-Wolves. It will be interesting to see what they do with Love and Beasley. They also are loaded with SF's Maybe Beasley will be repackaged.

Comment

If the Raptors can't get rid of one of their contracts, I think a trade exception and a couple of draft picks is the best the Raptors could hope for. Hopefully everyone is happy that the Raptors now have ALL their future first round picks and the world will not end.

Strangely enough, this is basically what I said the Raptors would probably end up receiving for Bosh in a sign and trade months ago.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X