• Show
Clear All

• Pieces we want...

So I think most of us will agree that the two biggest needs are:

1) Defensive, rebounding center.
    2) Defensive, uptempo point guard.

Here are some possible targets:

Center:
    a) Oden. Impossible to get from Portland, unfortunately.
    b) Gortat? Languishing on Orlando bench, can be acquired after the 15th (I think.)
    c) Joel Pryzbilla. Not sure if Portland has the depth for us to pull this off..

For point guards:
    Guards:
    a) I like Jerryd Bayless.
    b) I also like Andre Miller.

There is a whole other issue of how to acquire these players, and what we'd have to give up. But first, let's identify what pieces are needed.

Feel free to propose other suggestions.

Hmmm .... something tells me you think Portland is possibly a good suitor to potentially make deals with.

Eventhough he isn't a centre, I've always like Nick Collison from OKC. Decent defender, but a no nonsense kind of player. Great rebounder and a good hustle energy guy for a forward.

Comment

There are lots of pieces to go after starting on Dec 15th.

I'd go after Noah!
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
        I'd go after Noah!
        Noah's a pipe dream right now. I don't think we'd have any pieces besides Bosh that would really entice the Bulls to deal with us.

Comment

Calderon/Bargnani for Miller/Oden? Has some merit, but not sure how interest pritchard has in this. It satisfies a lot of problems for the Raptors, not sure how great it is for the blazers though.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Noah's a pipe dream right now. I don't think we'd have any pieces besides Bosh that would really entice the Bulls to deal with us.
            If the Raps are going to trade to re-make the team - Bosh and his non-commitment to the Raps make him the guy to trade!

Bulls need Offense - Raps need Defense. There should be a deal there

Comment

Raps Fan wrote: View Post
              Calderon/Bargnani for Miller/Oden? Has some merit, but not sure how interest pritchard has in this. It satisfies a lot of problems for the Raptors, not sure how great it is for the blazers though.
              Dollars aren't close.

Miller is old.

Comment

Something tells me Oden is off limits right now. I think they're pretty happy with that Aldridge-Oden tandem. If their front court ain't broke, don't fix it. They have a nice mix of offense-defensive where we on the other hand have just offense from our front court duo of Bosh & Bargnani.

Bosh & Noah would be a great tandem, but as I mentioned before I don't think the Bulls are interested in someone like Bargnani.

Comment

At least call the Bobcats and see if D.J Augustin is available. Roy Hibbert would've been nice but Colangelo fucked that one up. Gortat is paid way too much, I think the draft is good for hustling big men. Samuel Dalembert would be a good defensive touch, Philly needs outside shooting, I'd dangle Calderon in front of them.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    At least call the Bobcats and see if D.J Augustin is available. Roy Hibbert would've been nice but Colangelo fucked that one up. Gortat is paid way too much, I think the draft is good for hustling big men. Samuel Dalembert would be a good defensive touch, Philly needs outside shooting, I'd dangle Calderon in front of them.
                    Hibbert is back in the second unit because of his defense. He is just too slow.
                    Not the guy the raps should looking for.

Dalembert would be a nice pick-up, the 15% trade kicker is a problem though.

Comment

If the Raps are going to trade to re-make the team - Bosh and his non-commitment to the Raps make him the guy to trade!

Bosh is as non-committed as LeBron and Wade are, can't hold that against him. He's doing what's best for him, we all would do the same in his place. A trade with Bosh and Noah as the centerpieces would be horribly bad for the Raptors unless Rose came with him somehow.

Comment

Bosh is as non-committed as LeBron and Wade are, can't hold that against him. He's doing what's best for him, we all would do the same in his place. A trade with Bosh and Noah as the centerpieces would be horribly bad for the Raptors unless Rose came with him somehow.
                        Or Deng?

Comment

So are you suggesting a Bargnani & Noah front court instead? Does anyone think Bargnani can play the PF spot? I don't know, but if we can again show some type commitment to Bosh that we're building a team of "better & more complimenting" players around him I want Bosh here much longer than anyone else on this team.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                            Center:
                            a) Oden. Impossible to get from Portland, unfortunately.
                            b) Gortat? Languishing on Orlando bench, can be acquired after the 15th (I think.)
                            c) Joel Pryzbilla. Not sure if Portland has the depth for us to pull this off..
                            Hmmm ... Ripp .... is there something that you already know that we don't?

Apparently Gortat isn't happy with his lack of playing time right now. I don't think he's the answer, but waive POB, Pops and whomever else to make room for this dude.

I love the organization, but I'm not going to stay here being a back-up player and playing five minutes a game," Gortat told the Orlando Sentinel. "I hope people understand that. I know I can have a bigger role on another team."
                            "I really don't think about this now. But at some point, I want to have the chance to sit down with coach [Stan] Van Gundy and tell him how I feel and where I want to go with my career," Gortat added. "I'm 100 percent sure coach will understand and will do the right thing for me and the team.

"My agent will talk to Otis. But it's too early to say anything."

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              So are you suggesting a Bargnani & Noah front court instead? Does anyone think Bargnani can play the PF spot? I don't know, but if we can again show some type commitment to Bosh that we're building a team of "better & more complimenting" players around him I want Bosh here much longer than anyone else on this team.
                              Noah & Bargs would commitment each other. They play opposite in style & position on the floor.

Noah would push Bosh back outside. Bosh the jump shooter again.

Noah would complement either Bosh or Bargs on the defensive end.

Bosh can hold the team up for ransom in the summer - a S&T with a gun to your head will not return the value of a mid-season trade to a team that believes they can re-sign Bosh.

Waiting for Bosh is a big risk that the team doesn't have to take. And Bosh isn't LeBron or Wade - the wait isn't worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X