Demar Derozan's potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan's potential

Could he ever be as good as Kobe.He had a better rookie year than him and is more athletic.
    http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Gonna go with no. I think he can be a good NBA player though.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Anyone that eats at Roscoes and hangs out with YB3 has unlimited NBA potential
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Serviceable NBA player. If all goes right, he could be what T-Mac never came to be.

Comment

Kobe was 18 when he first started, Demar was 20.

Nice try.

Comment

Well, DeRozan is certainly not more athletic than Kobe. Not sure why you'd say that.

And I think DeRozan has the potential to be an All-Star, but his most likely career trajectory would be similar to Andre Iguodala. A very good player who verges on the cusp of being an All-Star.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Kobe is a superstar, one of the greatest ever
              i dont really see Demar having THAT much potential
              I think his ceiling is a perennial all-star. Not a superstar.
              If everything goes right he can be a Vince Carter type player

Comment

maybe you guys saw something I didn't. He's pretty good, but I see barely an all-star. I love that he works hard though!

Comment

I think demar can be an all star a franchise player like vince. but he could also be a complete bust he has the talent to be even better then vince
                  ya dun noe

Comment

I just dont get the feeling he is a leader type (I know it was his rookie year)...its just the body language thing and hangdog demeanor when he misses or scored upon.

Comment

I never saw a 'highly regarded dunker' get blocked so many times on dunk attempts. But I do respect his never give up attitude. He's a youngin' and sure he'll get down on himself for missing shots or layups/dunks, but he'll learn. He just needs to get confident, borderline cockiness even... I mean you have to have that swagger and I think he may have...
                      #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Arse said it best, he is almost identical statistically and in the way he plays to a Rookie T-Mac. I would say that if he can work hard and focus on extending his range and learning to dribble under pressure he will have a very similar career to what T-Mac was looking at, which is very very good.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

what makes Kobe great has nothing to do with athletics. Heart , passion, commitment, and the fact that youre going to have to put a bullet in him to stop him is what makes him great. I hope Demar can develop some of those characteristics that makes Kobe great. Be the next Demar.

Comment

He opted into the draft to avoid falling out of the first round. Unimpressive at USC, unimpressive in his rookie year, unimpressive next to sonny weems. The best thing to say about Derozan is he has potential, it will likely be the best thing ever said about him...as good as kobe....priceless

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Well, DeRozan is certainly not more athletic than Kobe. Not sure why you'd say that.

And I think DeRozan has the potential to be an All-Star, but his most likely career trajectory would be similar to Andre Iguodala. A very good player who verges on the cusp of being an All-Star.
                              Yes, this is the best he can be if he focuses more on the game than on Twitter and youtube and ...

He needs to improve on defense and become more serious about the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X