Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wade, James and Bosh Join Miami Discussion (Must Read News Article, pg. 5)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wade, James and Bosh Join Miami Discussion (Must Read News Article, pg. 5)

I only watched up to when he said his decision, since the overproduced tripe was making me ill, but I couldn't help but feel he should have stuck with Cleveland. Now people can say that he couldn't win on his own, so he had to team up.

Maybe I'm just old school, but I think LeBron looks like a douche for heading out of town to the place it's going to be easiest for him to win. Danny Ferry definitely failed to surround him with the right players, but they were all brought in with LeBron's blessing and now Ferry is gone. They've got an owner that's committed to winning and he'd look great by staying in his hometown.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said somewhere else, I think on this forum, this either ends with them meeting expectation or falling disastrously short. Either they win like everyone expects... or they lose and everyone wonders how they could possibly have lost. There is no real winning outcome. His best options were staying in Cleveland or going to Chicago, in my opinion.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am in the minority, but I think the super team is pretty cool. I am extremely excited to watch them dominate. I had been assuming Bosh's numbers were going to take a hit next year, but he could be the leading scorer on that team with all the attention that Bron and Wade demand on the perimeter.

The real winner of this whole saga is Kobe. He's never had an actual chance of being greater than Jordan no matter how many titles he won, but now if he defeats the super team, it might propel him to G.O.A.T status. Jordan never defeated a team anywhere close to the level of this super team.

They still have to find a couple pieces, but the hype they are going to have coming into the regular season is going to be unprecedented. I can't even fathom the first Heat game at the ACC, its going to be the hottest ticket in franchise history.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the single worst thing about this.....

it legitimizes Stephen A Smith.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is brutal! What happened to competition and rivalries. This does taint LeBrons legacy, can't win it leading a team. Bird, Magic, Jordan and the old guys are shaking their heads for sure. I think Patrick Ewing and John Stockton are happier not winning then doing this bullshit. I now have a new team to HATE! Sadly .... GO LAKERS GO

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bron name dropped Chalmers and Joel Anthony, but Beasely got no love. Is that a sign that he is being S&Ted. I truly cannot wait for the Micheal Beasely era in Toronto.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LeBoshade

Now that the dust settles over the kingdom of NBA FA, will be interesting to see how LeBoshade will chase the others for the rings in the incoming years:
    1. Boston Celtics current squad was built similar with LeBoshade, they are a cohesive team, with experience and roles well defined. Are Celtics too old to keep up with LeBoshade?
    2. Orland Magic are under pressure right now, they have three superstars as well and Otis wants to avoid Raptors/Cavaliers fate to lose Howard when the time came to sign an extension. Magic are deep into luxury tax, but they are serious competition for LeBoshade.
    3 Lakers are the current champions and even if people are starting to question Kobe ability to keep up with the younger players, he and Lakers are not finished yet. LeBoshade must face Lakers & Kobe or a team that can beat Lakers & Kobe!

Others three headed monster team are already in making. Based on this formula, players like Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose can pair up somewhere to create competition for LeBoshade as soon as next year.
    Personally, I am disappointed with these trend, where teams are buying their way to rings while other teams are left out in cold. Where is the pride of competing against each other?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see Durant ditching what he has built in OKC
    but i agree with the overall point of the direction of teh NBA
    I really hate how people are teaming up, theres no more pride in the NBA
    everyone just wants a stacked team to win
    I think something has to happen, Stern has to step in and make some sort of rule, not sure what it would be but something has to happen

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If Stern dont watch it he is going to have a two tiered league...the super stocked and everyone else. Like the Premier league of soccer where 4-5 teams share the top 4-5 spots every year and who have the best/richest players.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

At least now he won't get the 3-peat for MVP

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see how Stern can avoid this from happening in the future. Especially near and around the CBA deadline looming, what can he say? You can't just 'make players not join other teams'. Players will sacrifice just enough so that the team they plan on joining can sign role players they need to fill out the roster. I know it's a big risk L.D.B. are taking but they seem to genuinely enjoying playing with eachother on the same team. I'm sure they'll make it work.
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    The real winner of this whole saga is Kobe. He's never had an actual chance of being greater than Jordan no matter how many titles he won, but now if he defeats the super team, it might propel him to G.O.A.T status. Jordan never defeated a team anywhere close to the level of this super team.
    I don't know about that. The Pistons team they beat in '91 in the eastern conference finals was coming off back to back titles. Then they beat the Lakers in the Finals with Magic, Worthy, Mychal Thompson and Byron Scott. I know they were on their last legs but that's was still a good team.

I wouldn't call the Heat a super team yet either. I think they'll most likely eventually figure out a way to win but there will be growing pains.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope -- still going to be freakishly dominant + win a lot of titles + lot of time left in his career

Post Thanks / Like

They're not going to win anything until they find a supporting crew. Without a supporting crew they're each going to have to play 40 minutes a game. I'm not sure Bosh and Wade can handle those demands on their bodies. Also consider Wade is 28 and has had some serious injuries already. This looks too good to be true for Miami. I just have a funny feeling about the whole thing. My mind tells me dynasty once more pieces are in place but my intuition tells me it's not going to work out for some reason...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They're not going to win anything until they find a supporting crew. Without a supporting crew they're each going to have to play 40 minutes a game. I'm not sure Bosh and Wade can handle those demands on their bodies. Also consider Wade is 28 and has had some serious injuries already. This looks too good to be true for Miami. I just have a funny feeling about the whole thing. My mind tells me dynasty once more pieces are in place but my intuition tells me it's not going to work out for some reason...
    Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony can fill the other two starting spots well enough.

The Heat will then have to fill out their bench with minimum contract pieces. They should be able to get enough talent there to win the East right away ... but it's not a sure thing.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't think life will be a cake walk for the Miami three next year

if Miami can't put together a good supporting cast and its these three and a bunch of scrubs, they are going to have to score 80 points a night between them. and play 40+ minutes per. one of these guys is going to get hurt. probably not Bosh cause he will coast with those other two guys doing the heavy work. so then it is two stars and scrubs trying to win games. and EVERY team is going to be out for blood against these guys.

can you imagine if they play the celtics opening night? You think the Celtics starting 5 will be up for that game? I take the Celts hands down. unless Miami finds a bunch of good players to come for pitiful contracts.

there's no Rondo or Perkins on this team. and does any self-respecting decent player want to play for peanuts to let these guys take all the love and attention?

all I am saying is let's not hand the title to the Miami heat just yet.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

remember boston is getting older and miami there 2 players are going to their prime and wade is already in his prime........

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it all depends on how their contracts work out. If these 3 idiots all sign for the max then their egos really must be riding high because they will be surrounded by pylons and old vets trying to piggyback for a ring. Most likely scenario is Riley talks some sense into all 3 taking pay cuts so he surrounds them with sub-par role players with some vets piggybacking their way to a ring. In the most likely scenario the team may be able to survive through periods of injury time just because of the defensive attention just 1 player draws.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    The Heat will then have to fill out their bench with minimum contract pieces. They should be able to get enough talent there to win the East right away ... but it's not a sure thing.
    My bet:

Mike Miller
    Antoine Wright
    Shaq

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When the 3 decided ?

May be its just me, but I 'm full convinced that a meeting have happened during the all star game 2010.
    Isn't unlegal in US doing such things ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information