Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade, James and Bosh Join Miami Discussion (Must Read News Article, pg. 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think life will be a cake walk for the Miami three next year

if Miami can't put together a good supporting cast and its these three and a bunch of scrubs, they are going to have to score 80 points a night between them. and play 40+ minutes per. one of these guys is going to get hurt. probably not Bosh cause he will coast with those other two guys doing the heavy work. so then it is two stars and scrubs trying to win games. and EVERY team is going to be out for blood against these guys.

can you imagine if they play the celtics opening night? You think the Celtics starting 5 will be up for that game? I take the Celts hands down. unless Miami finds a bunch of good players to come for pitiful contracts.

there's no Rondo or Perkins on this team. and does any self-respecting decent player want to play for peanuts to let these guys take all the love and attention?

all I am saying is let's not hand the title to the Miami heat just yet.

Comment

remember boston is getting older and miami there 2 players are going to their prime and wade is already in his prime........

Comment

I guess it all depends on how their contracts work out. If these 3 idiots all sign for the max then their egos really must be riding high because they will be surrounded by pylons and old vets trying to piggyback for a ring. Most likely scenario is Riley talks some sense into all 3 taking pay cuts so he surrounds them with sub-par role players with some vets piggybacking their way to a ring. In the most likely scenario the team may be able to survive through periods of injury time just because of the defensive attention just 1 player draws.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          The Heat will then have to fill out their bench with minimum contract pieces. They should be able to get enough talent there to win the East right away ... but it's not a sure thing.
          My bet:

Mike Miller
          Antoine Wright
          Shaq

Comment

When the 3 decided ?

May be its just me, but I 'm full convinced that a meeting have happened during the all star game 2010.
            Isn't unlegal in US doing such things ?

Comment

I have no interest in a so-called "super" team. I would think the reasons are obvious:

1. ESPN will undoubtedly send an army of reporters and cameras to blanket the team with coverage every day of the season. Get ready for in-depth analysis that would make a proctologist blush.

2. Bandwagon jumpers... The Miami Heat are about to become the new flavour-of-the-month as every weak-willed loser on the continent runs out to buy a spiffy new jersey.

3. Try to find one media hack who will not pick either Miami or LA to win the title. Anything less and we'll be hearing words like "incredible upset". Way to take the drama out of the NBA.

4. Finally... and this is what really bugs me: Boston set the precedent and now Wade, Bosh and LBJ has refined it to an art form. Being the best in the NBA is no longer about taking on the best and beating them. It's about recruiting all your competition to play with you, so that you don't have to play against them. All the smacktalk you see in the NBA, but in the end, these guys are a bunch of gutless cowards.

Comment

I hope...I hope against hope...that this becomes one enormous spectacle of unrelenting disdain, madness and anti-Heat hysteria. My one nba related wish now is that everytime Lebron James or Chris Bosh touch the basketball while playing in any court outside of Florida - any and every time - they get treated to a chorus of awesome, awesome boo's.

I would take immense pleasure in watching an arena full of men, women and children - from criminal businessmen to respectable white rapper wannabe's - slowly morph into 15,000 dopplegangers of the booing peasant woman from the Princess Bride, each with a bag of rotten tomatoes, each bag filled with tomatoes more rotten than the last in a never-ending Escherian spiral of tomato-based rotteness, the collective launching of said tomatoes towards said players rivaling the glory days of Vaudeville.

Shame on these "athletes." Nay, in fact, scratch that. Athletes these are not, for athletes compete. Call this a coalition of the unwilling to try. Perhaps it would be more fitting if, inside each tomato was placed a single coin, good for one free shot of tequila from any club along Miami Beach. At least they'd get what they came to Miami for - for though they may covered in rotten tomato juice, they can then go hit up the clubs and party all night afterwards. Win-win, apparently.
                Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Also, if anyone wants to get a really good understanding of pretty much the basic narrative of the past 2 years for a number of NBA teams in the build up to this years free agency, look no further than this link. It is, in its own sad way, terribly accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFmPuvz1iz4&NR=1

Comment

After the All Star break Bryan Colangelo did voice a lot of concerns about ppl getting into his player's ears, but didnt mention any names or detail, this might've been the stuff he was talking about.

Comment

Guys, please use the NBA board for these LeBron, Wade and Bosh discussions. Bosh is no longer a Raptor. This does not belong on the Raptors board. I'll move it now.

Comment

The only real question is whether they can beat 72-10 and if they will try. Jose would be the perfect point guard for team tripod, but I'm pretty sure Riley just burnt two bridges with his new acquisitions.

MWO. Miami World Order. I hope they spray paint every the half court of every team they beat.

Comment

Phil Jackson would be the perfect coach.

Comment

From Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...decision070910

From the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...5931688.column

From Esquire:

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebr...ecision-070910

From Sports Illustrated:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ent/index.html

(found the above articles linked from the RealGM boards)

Also, from the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/10/sp...r=1&ref=sports

These aren't small-time niche publications. This is big-time mainstream media ripping this fiasco apart. Just a massive disaster.
                            Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Nice work Jeff. I will read these when I get time. Thanks.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Guys, please use the NBA board for these LeBron, Wade and Bosh discussions. Bosh is no longer a Raptor. This does not belong on the Raptors board. I'll move it now.
                                thankyou.

also, is it juist me or when lebron said that sentence before "i'mjoing the miami heat" it was like wtf did he just say. it was like

"ibis fall,man this is tough, i'm daking my dowels down to south beach"

i was like wtf did he just say aparently it was "i'm taking my talents to south beach" but, the few words before that were like in a drunken,mumbled slur.
                                Last edited by LBF; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 12:34 PM.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X