The Dan Gilbert Letter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dan Gilbert Letter Thread

A fantastic open letter from Dan Gilbert, majority owner of the Cavs.

You MUST read this: Open Letter

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us. ............

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Read the whole letter on link

http://bit.ly/bKBlsf
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Wow. He's definitely bitter, but he's not wrong.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I love it.

I don't think BC can get quite that angry and righteous and be able to pull it off.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I love the part about Lebron taking the curse with him.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Dan Gilbert Speaks!!

Seems pretty miffed. Can you blame him or is it a case of sour grapes?

Dan Gilbert's message to the Cav fans:

"Statement from Cavaliers majority owner Dan Gilbert addressed to Cleveland fans in the aftermath of LeBron James announcing he plans to sign with the Miami Heat:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight.

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers"

LINK:
            http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...letter-to-fans

Any comments about this letter?
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Wow. He's definitely bitter, but he's not wrong.
              Maybe, but it kinda sad when a team owner sounds like one of the kids that goes off on Raptors Republic.

"I think this team will be better off without the best player in franchise history (Bosh/James) during the prime of his career. And while we were unable to win with him, now that he's gone, there's no stopping us"
              Last edited by Paradigm Shift; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I was so happy to see this. Cleveland definitely loses more than we do by losing James. And after reading about the lack of communication on James' part, paired with the quitting that he has done on his team, I really hope that this Miami team never wins a championship. If this "curse" is brought along with James, then Bosh must be bringing some kind of bad karma with him too. VC and T-Mac haven't exactly gone on to do great things with their teams, and my guess Bosh won't either.

Comment

I thought that Cleveland Cavalier owner's message was reflective of a professional sports enthusiast appropriate on any level... from a owner down to the last fan. That is something we miss around here - new attitude and more impactful culture surrounding Toronto basketball team. It is inconceivable to me to go to a Raptors home game against Sacramento Kings (few years back) and feel like I am in the middle of serbia, that is how much cheering was going on for the opponent. When I went to see Raptors in Detroit few years ago and had Carter's #15 jersey on, people threw cups at me in arena, threatened me, and yelled offensive remarks. Our team's opponents feel comfortable in Toronto. This arena and fans are not intimidating. During the last playoffs, I saw that car dealership idiot owner from mississauga with turban, in Orlando, in Magic's jersey, first row, cheering for Orlando and VInce Carter. That is anatomy of our problem. Too nice, too soft, too compliant - who would want to play here? Paul Pierce, one of the biggest nba primadonnas, and old slapper, kicks toronto player in the groin and stands over it lamenting. Team does nothing, fans do nothing, and worst of all, perhaps one thing that embodies it all, local toronto commentators continue their "ha ha hu hu" small chat, discussing what boston needs to continue doing to win this game. I despise each and every word that came from rautin's mouth, all of it was self promotional gig to get him a coaching position which he clearly is not competent for. Therefore, again, I was glad, to read Dan Gilbert's emotional and angry words. The original is posted in Cleveland's Plain Dealer online version, here:
                  http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ans_james.html

Comment

nice post database.

Comment

Get off his back, he doesn't owe anybody anything, that team is lucky to have made it to the finals in 06 and they've had very memorable regular seasons ever.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

"Source: Bosh to wear No. 1 in Miami. Wore No. 4 in Toronto."

LINK:http://twitter.com/darrenrovell1/status/18082877039

Hmmmmm....guess he doesn't want to be called CB4 but rather CB1. Stinks of "CB Won!!" to me. A message?
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I completely agree with Dan Gilberts letter

The fact that the paper bag prince had an hour long special on T.V has set a whole new bar of how shallow and ignorant the world around us is becoming.To completely strip the fine fans of Cleveland from their souls to me was disgusting, heartless and selfish. I could see the hour long special happening in order to reassure his place in history to stand by Cleveland and stay with one team for his entire career like all the greats have done......... but to completely stick it to the place you grew up...wow

Please tell some of you are feeling as sick as I am.

What are y'all thoughts on this hot mess????

Comment

I think Gilbert was a little bit harsh, but LeBron deserved it. The way LeBron managed all this FA (just like our own CB) is a slap in the face of the professional sport.
                            Also, I can't believe what an idiot can be Wade: "I think I'm happy that I have the owner that I have here in Miami,'' Wade told The Associated Press late Thursday night. "
                            Should Wade decide to leave Miami, it would be interesting to see how Micky Arison would react.
                            Gilbert rant is not the best business decision, but for sure sends the right message to NBA high level management: NBA got far away from "professional" league, is more like Wrestling league where everything is choreography. All these superstars with the inability to win on their own, asking publicly or conspiring behind the closed doors to pair up in order to get a ring. What is the message they send to the young kids coming to see these buffoons at arena? Models? Yuck!

Comment

Gilbert is my new hero ... He spit in face of this charade! I hope LeBron is going to win 0 rings!

Comment

Working...
                              X