Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Everything Fitness & Wellbeing- Do You Even Lift Bro?! ..Or do Yoga?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Fitness & Wellbeing- Do You Even Lift Bro?! ..Or do Yoga?

So I just picked up a pair of PowerBlock Sport 5.0 Dumbbells; anybody used em before?

Only been using them a couple days, but I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed by the overall quality and durabilty. Definitely a good purchase. According to the website this set replaces 10 sets of Dumbbells, and 550lbs of Free Weights.

You guys lift at all? I'm certainly not one of those guys that goes to the gym to lift and grunt etc, but this definitely seemed like the perfect alternative to a gym membership. Lol
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    So I just picked up a pair of PowerBlock Sport 5.0 Dumbbells; anybody used em before?

Only been using them a couple days, but I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed by the overall quality and durabilty. Definitely a good purchase. According to the website this set replaces 10 sets of Dumbbells, and 550lbs of Free Weights.

You guys lift at all? I'm certainly not one of those guys that goes to the gym to lift and grunt etc, but this definitely seemed like the perfect alternative to a gym membership. Lol
    I need an alternative for my lazy days! haha trying to rehab an ACL still, I like using the gym for legs. I'd prefer doing arms at home for now. How much did these run you? And where did you purchase them?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You dont become 220lbs without lifting ( Not a fatty )
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

4. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This should be the RR fitness thread
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

6. Like jacobdr4, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I need an alternative for my lazy days! haha trying to rehab an ACL still, I like using the gym for legs. I'd prefer doing arms at home for now. How much did these run you? And where did you purchase them?
    Precisely why I got em. Leaves me with no excuses.

And ya, you can get creative with these and work in some leg workouts, but you're right, its not a full substitute.

I got these for $300 at Foremost Fitness. They're on Eglinton. Think they might have a couple others in the city.
    This set specifically only does 5lb increments up to 50lbs per hand; where the more expensive set does 2.5lb increments.
    Can also get them to go up to 90lbs per hand...

Post Thanks / Like

And ya, you can get creative with these and work in some leg workouts, but you're right, its not a full substitute.

I got these for $300 at Foremost Fitness. They're on Eglinton. Think they might have a couple others in the city.
    This set specifically only does 5lb increments up to 50lbs per hand; where the more expensive set does 2.5lb increments.
    How do they work? LOOOL How can it go up in weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    This should be the RR fitness thread
    Good call!

Post Thanks / Like

How do they work? LOOOL How can it go up in weight?
    You pull out the side pin, and it can adjust between the slots - which add or subtract weight the weight. Its pretty genius.

So the expansion set for my 5.0 is the 5.5 I believe, which just adds more "slots" or "weights" to the grip.

Post Thanks / Like

You dont become 220lbs without lifting ( Not a fatty )
    Geezus. How tall are you?!

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I'll check them out. Not quite ready for anything more than 50 lbs at this point, if ever... lol That sounds like a lot of working out time which would cut into my drinking time. We can't have that.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Cool, I'll check them out. Not quite ready for anything more than 50 lbs at this point, if ever... lol That sounds like a lot of working out time which would cut into my drinking time. We can't have that.
    Oh dude, I'm not even looking at the 50lbs. LOL Only if I'm doing two-handed lifts.
    Otherwise I stick to 20-35lbs per hand.

14. Like Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

geezus. How tall are you?!
    6'6 :d

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend's trainer offered him to buy these dumbbells after he messed up his wrists. Shit is good and expensive. I like that padded handle though.

Lifting for the past 4 years! If you can afford to buy these dumbbells, I'm sure you can buy gym membership too. Better get one, I made this mistake when I started and.. oh well.
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Apr 14th, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how this is a thread. Actually thinking of starting this the other day . anyone use bodybuilding.com to find their workouts? Always my go to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    You pull out the side pin, and it can adjust between the slots - which add or subtract weight the weight. Its pretty genius.

So the expansion set for my 5.0 is the 5.5 I believe, which just adds more "slots" or "weights" to the grip.
    Pretty sure bowflex has the same sort of idea on their dumbbells. The old shitty community gym I used to go to had the same sort of dumbell set up. It gets awkward when get up above 35 pounds with the odd shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    I love how this is a thread. Actually thinking of starting this the other day . anyone use bodybuilding.com to find their workouts? Always my go to.
    Yeah Iv'e got some killer workouts from that site

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Iv'e got some killer workouts from that site
    Just realized I joined the same time as you and you have 5000 more posts than me lol. youve been busy.

21. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Just realized I joined the same time as you and you have 5000 more posts than me lol. youve been busy.
    Yup LOOOL I gotta provide the GIFS

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's the same idea as the bowflex free weights, only you don't have the dials.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I cycle HGH & Roids but don't lift. Just like the small nuts and boobs. Acne is fun to pop too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information