Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    So Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson just signed with Montreal ... interesting.
    Heard the interview with Jim Paup, MTL GM, on PrimeTime tonight. At the end he said that Chad isn't looking at this as a stepping stone back into the NFL. He signed a 2 year deal, 1 plus option. He said Chad is just looking for a place to play football and go out on his terms. I think it would be pretty cool if he had a couple big years, even if it's in MTL. He is a single man, and from what I've heard, MTL is a great place for that! lol He also said Chad isn't looking for money. Could be legit, but time will tell. I've always been an OchoCinco fan. Even T.O. after he signed with the Cowboys. Both good dudes that can just BALLtheFUCKout! Even in their latter stages...

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Found this NFL draft simulator that would be good for any NFL junkies. You choose which team you are, and how many rounds you want to draft, and then there is 3 options of big board to draw from.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• i've been known to waste entire afternoons at the office on www.first-pick.com
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            i've been known to waste entire afternoons at the office on www.first-pick.com
            Good thing it is Friday then
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Comment

• So Michael Sam got drafted. Progress!!

Oh and go read the comments on the youtube video ... its absolutely vile what people are saying. I know "youtube comments" are a running joke, but its pretty disgusting what's being said in there. If he were kissing a girl, they wouldn't anything of it.

EDIT: Geez, just saw that close up screen shot on the youtube video ...

Comment

• The NFL Thread

Joey wrote: View Post
                So Michael Sam got drafted. Progress!!

Oh and go read the comments on the youtube video ... its absolutely vile what people are saying. I know "youtube comments" are a running joke, but its pretty disgusting what's being said in there. If he were kissing a girl, they wouldn't anything of it.

EDIT: Geez, just saw that close up screen shot on the youtube video ...
                Idk man, I'm all for gay rights but I think it's been blown way out of proportion. Yeah he's gay, so what? He shouldn't be drafted of given special attention because of it, he should be judged on his football skills, and frankly, he's not very good.

Thats literally the definition of discrimination: treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Idk man, I'm all for gay rights but I think it's been blown way out of proportion. Yeah he's gay, so what? He shouldn't be drafted of given special attention because of it, he should be judged on his football skills, and frankly, he's not very good.

Thats literally the definition of discrimination: treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.
                  I'd say being Drafted in the 7th Round, 7 spots from NOT being drafted, is being treated fairly.
                  I think he was certainly ranked in the Top 250 prospects, and was drafted accordingly.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I'd say being Draft 7th Round, 7 spots from NOT being drafted, is being treated fairly.
                    I think he was certainly ranked in the Top 250 prospects, and was drafted accordingly.
                    When else does ESPN do a feature on the 7th last guy drafted?
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

When else does ESPN do a feature on the 7th last guy drafted?
                      When he's Gay and its a massive step in the right direction for equality amongst athletes?

I guess you probably don't want to hear that Sams apparently got more Endorsement contracts coming into the Draft than any other Prospect as well ...

Just like Jason Collins jersey selling like hot cakes. Just because they aren't given special treatment from the league, doesn't mean the population won't rally around them in support.
                      Last edited by Joey; Sun May 11, 2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• The NFL Thread

Joey wrote: View Post
                        When he's Gay and its a massive step in the right direction for equality amongst athletes?

I guess you probably don't want to hear that Sams got more Endorsement contracts coming into the Draft then any other Prospect ...

Just like Jason Collins jersey selling like hot cakes. Just because they aren't given special treatment from the league, doesn't mean the population won't rally around them in support.
                        Fair enough. No it's not like I'm against it by any means. I just feel like people make too much of a big deal about it. He's a football player and to me, support means looking at him just as that: a football player. Not a gay football player. Just a football player. Just a man. The distinction shouldn't have to be made.

I don't want to open up the wrong can of worms here. I'm glad he's getting the recognition and the endorsements. But if it's because he's gay, I think it's the wrong kind of attention.

Comment

Fair enough. No it's not like I'm against it by any means. I just feel like people make too much of a big deal about it. He's a football player and to me, support means looking at him just as that: a football player. Not a gay football player. Just a football player. Just a man. The distinction shouldn't have to be made.

I don't want to open up the wrong can of worms here. I'm glad he's getting the recognition and the endorsements. But if it's because he's gay, I think it's the wrong kind of attention.
                          Well said. LOL You're absolutely right, it is a touchy subject, and one you have to wade into lightly...

I completely agree with you in saying he should be recognized as a Football player. Not a Gay Football Player.
                          However, I think that should only extend as far as his handling within the league.

Just as Jackie Robinson would have wanted to be judged by what he brings to the field, I'm sure Sam is the same. However, he can't control the fact he is breaking ground, and he is a 'revolutionary' that will be remembered to being 1st Gay Football Player. That will follow him. In no way should that determine his worth within the NFL though.

But in terms of Endorsements/ Media Coverage the two are obviously tied together. Media obviously loves the story. Endorsements obviously love the coverage. Sam cashes in unlike someone like Jackie Robinson could have.

Comment

• Khalil Mack
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              Khalil Mack
                              He's a robot.

Comment

• Tomorrow is the big day. My Packers roll into Seattle to thump the world champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X