Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chance for Chris Paul to T.O!

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chance for Chris Paul to T.O!

Could it be possibel that the raptors use the TPE and the two newly aqquired picks plus Ed Davis and maybe another pick to get Chris Paul? I mean New Orleans IS trying to get rid of big contracts, and they already have a great P.G (although chris paul is better)so how about it?

Post Thanks / Like

anyhting's possible
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure, if we have any chance to sign one of their PG's it's Collison, which wouldn't be bad at all if we could ship either jack or calderone.

Even if we get Paul, his contract is up in 2012 and he's leaving to Join the Super Team In Miami. There is no way we stand a chance against the Lakers or Heat in the next 2 years even with CP3

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default c'mon bro! the miami heat won't even have enough money for him!

ye

Raptors Republic Rookie Tortacular's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No way would Paul ever agree to such a deal.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Antonescu wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure, if we have any chance to sign one of their PG's it's Collison, which wouldn't be bad at all if we could ship either jack or calderone.

Even if we get Paul, his contract is up in 2012 and he's leaving to Join the Super Team In Miami. There is no way we stand a chance against the Lakers or Heat in the next 2 years even with CP3
    Collison is a much better choice. CP3 left his agent and just joined LBJ's mgmt. company. Chances are he will go to Miami probably next year...he'll probably "force" NO into it. WHich means Collison is probably not available either.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

People have to get over Paul to Toronto lol
    it doenst seem realistic at all, Okafor plus Collison is better (in terms of % it happens)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I having a wet dream?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOOLL, Raptor fans played this game all spring about which players to come in when Bosh leaves and ... Please Stop it. Time to wake up and smell the coffee, you have the YOUNG GUNZ and you do not need CP3.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With the way things are going don't be surprised if a year from now Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will join Kevin Durant in OKC just to compete with Miami.

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

David West and Emeka Okafur are available. Chris Paul, however, is still an untouchable asset and the NOH will not be trading him under any present circumstances because the new owner(s) isn't prepared or planning to move the Hornets franchise outta town (again).

Next thread.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat Jul 10th, 2010 at 05:53 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

collison would be a nice addition to the young guns he has allstar potential

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting Chris Paul sounds a lot better than the results on the court would show. The Raptors are still a very flawed roster even if they do add an all-world type of point guard like Cp3.

Also, when you consider the amount of young talent, picks and financial flexibility we'd have to give up to acquire him, I think I'd rather just roll the dice with the young players we have and build through the draft.

Colangelo has been putting band-aids on a flesh wound for three straight summers and I think that's what has ultimately put us in this position.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    With the way things are going don't be surprised if a year from now Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will join Kevin Durant in OKC just to compete with Miami.
    That would be AWESOME. And the Raps could be in the bidding for Westbrook in that case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DonCarlos wrote: View Post
    That would be AWESOME. And the Raps could be in the bidding for Westbrook in that case.
    that was exactly what i was going to say. Big fan of him.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Westbrook is good enough. Anthony would really help them, but I see him going to New York, and maybe with Paul too?
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the Raptors future PG should come from the 2011 draft in the form of Kyrie Irving (Freshman from Duke). He would be a great fit to the Young Gunz movement.

Raptors Republic Rookie Hellgate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    David West and Emeka Okafur are available. Chris Paul, however, is still an untouchable asset and the NOH will not be trading him under any present circumstances because the new owner(s) isn't prepared or planning to move the Hornets franchise outta town (again).

Next thread.
    It's becoming more and more possiable that the Hornets will be shopping Paul just look at what N.O fan site is saying.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog

And now the Raps have Chandler, some who played well with Paul before.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is no chance to land Paul and if there was, who wants to go through a similar saga to that of Bosh again in a couple years?

Raptors Republic Rookie Hellgate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think there is no chance to land Paul and if there was, who wants to go through a similar saga to that of Bosh again in a couple years?
    That's just it. We get an extra couple years to try and put a team behind a star and not just any star a top two point gaurd in the league .

I read in a blog from the N.O fan web site just about three or four weeks ago before the draft and right around the time all the rumors about Paul were coming out. I can't seem to find the link or I would post it. It states that the Nets were offering the Hornets Devin Harris, the 3rd pick in the draft this year and a first rounder next year the Hornets were insulted they said it would take Brooks Lopez and Courtney Lee and then they could talk.
    Since then the price may have gone down but that seems to be the asking price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information