The rest of Miami's roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of Miami's roster

So with all their cap space tied up in the Big 3, Miami needs to sign at least 7 free agents at the minimum (assuming they keep Chalmers and Beasley)

I'm too lazy to look up all the free agents and pick 7, but 2 did pop into my head that would round out the starting 5. The free agents Miami would attract are probably older vets looking for a chip before they retire. Miami needs a starting PG and C. Who likes the idea of Iverson and Shaq starting with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh? If AI really is able to take a reduced role, we already know Shaq can, so it would work.

Where have you been hiding? Beasley is being traded to Minnesota. =)

I actually do NOT like Iverson and Shaq joining the so-called Big 3. There are enough egos to massage and too little ball to go around for Wade, LBJ and Bosh, let alone adding wrong-side-of-the-hill guys like AI and Shaq. And last time I checked, LBJ wasn't that happy playing with Shaq, who kept getting in his way.

At the moment, it looks like Mike Miller will sign with the Heat, and they're also looking at Derek Fisher and Udonis Haslem. The following would not be a bad team consisting mostly of minimum salary players:

PG Chalmers, Derek Fisher or Eddie House
    SG Wade, Mike Miller, Ime Udoka
    SF James, Mike Miller, Ime Udoka
    PF Bosh, Kurt Thomas, Tony Battie
    C Anthony, Fabricio Oberto, Dexter Pittman

Inactive List
    PG Royal Ivey
    SF Da'Sean Butler (D-League)
    PF Jarvis Varnado (D-League)

Of course, swap Ivey and Pittman as necessary, Pittman to the D-League instead of Butler or Varnado, or have Tony Battie on the IL instead of Butler or Varnado.

None of the added players need the ball in their hands, and are willing to be role players focusing on defense, while scoring when necessary, which shouldn't be hard given at least two of LBJ, Wade and Bosh should be on the floor at any one time, which will give them plenty of open looks.

Comment

Seems I was hiding in the past, seeing as the news didn't break until after my post.
      This wasn't supposed to be a serious prediction for the Heat's lineup next season, it was just some wishful thinking, a dream for a legitimate All-Star starting lineup, sort of like the 04 Lakers (also hope they end up like the 04 Lakers).
      I'm a hater, but I do enjoy a good bit of entertainment, and a AI and Shaq joining the Big 3 would be, in my mind, incredibly fun.

Comment

It would definitely be fun, as you say, in the "omg, what are they going to do next" vein, but I think AI and Shaq would only hurt the team, not help it.

Even more amazing is if they manage to get the players I listed, most of whom are good defenders at their position. Wade and LBJ are both good defenders, and Bosh has shown the ability to be a good defender, so a team with the Big 3 FAs not only scoring but holding opponents to 80 ppg? That'd be fun to watch.

Comment

Dont forget the BP oil spill headed to Miami... its also part of the roster

Comment

they'll prolly get big whitey Z
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
            X