Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk About Some Best/Worst Case Scenarios For Next Season

Chemistry
    Best Case: Everyone thrives without Bosh. Turk, Jose and Jack make plays and have responsibility in the offense instead of having to give it to Bosh and stand around, watching him take a jumper or drive to get fouled.
    Worst Case: Huge rift between Euros and Americans resulting in Triano being forced to play two units exclusively. Starting: Jose, Marco, Turk, Kleiza, Bargs. Coming off the bench: Jack, Derozan, Weems , Amir, Davis

Attitude
    Best Case: Gritty hustle players like Jack, Davis, Kleiza, Evans and Amir inspire a culture change in Toronto. They bring it every day in practice which brings an intensity to the team that hasn't been seen since the days of Charles Oakley and Antonio Davis.
    Worst Case: Amir loses some fire after getting paid this summer and starts hanging out more with Derozan and Weems, they take Davis and Alabi under their wing. Team gets lazy and like last year can tell in games that they are mailing it in.

Coaching
    Best Case: Triano figures things out. Coaching takes time and last year was a tough situation, Raptors fans can openly cheer him without feeling like a homer for the Canadian boy.
    Worst Case: No changes since last year. Triano still seems overmatched. Still taking timeouts too late. Still not playing the right guys. Still trying to make Jack/Jose/Turk happen. Still not holding Bargs or Turk accountable for no shows. Not calling out Derozan for floating during stretches. Still not making defensive adjustments. Still not running offensive plays.

Best case: Raps win Titanic again!
    All of our partners in crime failed miserably in the free agency
    and those legs in Boston are getting really old and tired.

Comment

Best case: People in this forum realize that Kleiza isn't a Euro. He grew up in Baltimore for God's sake.

Comment

Best Case: Milwaukee

Worst Case: Washington
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Amir can not play with same intensity and hustle if he does not want to commit that many fouls. His style of play makes him to be in position to commit fouls. I think he will try to stay in the floor longer and hence will not show the same level of energy and hustle.

Comment

The Catch-22 of that is the only reason for him to be on the floor is his high level of energy and hustle.

He can't dog it and be productive, so he needs to be smarter and improve his skill level. He's young so it's going to happen, the question is by how much.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

best case: Washington
              worst case: worse than nets

Comment

hilfgott wrote: View Post
                Chemistry
                Worst Case: Huge rift between Euros and Americans resulting in Triano being forced to play two units exclusively. Starting: Jose, Marco, Turk, Kleiza, Bargs. Coming off the bench: Jack, Derozan, Weems , Amir, Davis
                Might as well just come out and say white vs black, since Kleiza did not learn his basketball from a Euro team. He was a monster on the glass his first year of college as well, until he expanded his repertoire by extending the range on his shot.

Anyway...

Best case: 2009-2010 Nets
                Worst case: 8th seed playoff team

Yes, it's better to commit to the youngsters' development and be rewarded at the same time with a high draft pick than to eek out a playoff spot.
                Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jul 10, 2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Best Case: The Raptors play a tough athletic style of basketball. All the young players develop and have an chance to play. The end result is the Raptors having the #1 pick in the 2011 draft and have a young up and coming team.

Comment

Best Case: Negative fans give BJs to the whole roster

Worst Case: I admit I was wrong, we do suck.

Comment

Lopez wrote: View Post

huh.....

Comment

Worst case: The Raptors have a similar season as last year, either make the playoffs as an 8th seed or just miss, and then end up with a mid first round pick.

Best case: Anything else.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Best case: Derozan, Johnson, Bargnani, Weems improve overall skill level YoY, don't care if we miss the playoffs as long as young players grow.

Worst case: We run our offense through Reggie Evans.

Comment

best case

Lopez wrote: View Post

BEST CASE: We Sweep season series with Miami - i dont care about the playoffs
                            WORST CASE: We Sweep Season Series with Miami- and lose to them in Playoffs

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                              Anyway...

Best case: 2009-2010 Nets
                              Worst case: 8th seed playoff team

Yes, it's better to commit to the youngsters' development and be rewarded at the same time with a high draft pick than to eek out a playoff spot.
                              HAHA I love it! I don't know if I want us to be nets horrible... but if we are we might as well set the record!!! Nets are a bunch of quitters!
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X