Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will The Raptors Make The Playoffs?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys forgotten New York

1 - Miami
    2 - Orlando
    3 - Boston
    4 - Chicago
    5 - Atlanta
    6 - Charlotte
    7 - Milwaukee
    8 - New York / Raptors / New Jersey

Unfortunately Raptors may be capable enough..to get 8th..

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Stop all this stupid talk of tanking a year. Have you never played in your life? You play hard, you develop and gain. If you tank, that gets into your development and your make-up and the whole roster, young gunz etc included will be useless in 2-3yrs, and have to be blown up again. Ridiculous.

Besides, being last guarantees nothing in the lottery.
    A team can still play hard, play well and still lose. Especially if they's a young team. The Thunder won 22 games two years ago. Four years ago the Hawks won 30 games. You certainly don't want to lose for more than a couple of years, but if you're going to play a lot of really young players, you're going to probably lose a lot of games.

Being last does guarantee you a top four pick. I don't think the Raptors will be last, and in fact I would guess they'll end up with something like the 5th worst record, but with a couple of extra draft picks and an asset or two, you can turn a 5th or 6th pick into a top 3 pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, Raptors making Play off Some of you living in dream.
    This team, with current players will Win 15 game maximum.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

No team should ever tank and there are no exceptions for the Raptors despite losing Chris Bosh. Although i do not beleive that this squad should tank they should still use this year as a developmental year.. meaning they play there young guys as much as possible and give them as much experience possible.. and hopefully these guys will establish themselves as starters, role players, etc. Use this year to see where your young guys are and establish a culture of playing hard and players giving 110% and nothing else. I dont believe you should play your guys as if theyre going to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals because realistically they are not. But i still believe they should play to win every game and nothing less than that. What ever happens happens. If you make the playoffs you prove that the guys you have are more than capable of playing against other teams and hopefully this would mean that your young guys have proven themselves to be capable. If your a lottery team you have an excellent chance of drafting top notch talent whether it is Harrison Barnes, Enes Kanter, or maybe even someone like Kyrie Irving (Cory Joseph? )

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Miami-anyone who thinks differently is seriously delusional
    2.Orlando-too deep and well rounded to not win high 50's, low 60's
    3.Chicago-they lost a lot of depth and Boozer is top 5 overrated players in the league but Noah is a good pairing.
    4.Atlanta-they didn't really improve and there is going to be a big difference between contract year Joe Johnson and 128 million dollar Joe Johnson
    5. Philly-Need to make a move to add a big and clear up back court glut, but Holiday and Turner are going to dangerous
    6. Boston-Will have one of the worst front courts in the NBA and are one Rondo injury from utter disaster
    7.Milwaukee-Great coach, good off season, underrated guys at the 1 and 5
    8.New York-the Randolph pick up will go down as one of the best of the off-season, but Amare could tear the team apart with his ego and listless attitude

Raps will be battling all season, but they really don't have the talent at this juncture to be anything other than a playoff dark horse. Having said that, the TPE is a pretty big chip that BC still has to play. The Clippers got Camby a couple years ago with thier exception, so the bar is high.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Cleveland's doing anything. You can safely take them out of the "dog fight". Mo Williams is their best wing player by a distance, and that's not good. If anyone missed Jamario Moon playing 38 minutes again, you're in luck.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they can make the 8 and hope they do, none of this bullshit of hoping they suck and land Barnes and co in the draft, may as well follow Minny or the Clips.

Give the young guys heaps of burn to gain experience and confidence, get rid of Turk, Calderon for young guys and picks. But I don't think BC will go the patient route in his contract year.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I see BC making moves and us challenging and aging slow Celtic team (JO and KG running back on defence????) for the division title.

Phily should be good as well.

NJ and NY will be improved here is my early predicition.

Miami 73-8
    Orlando
    Chicago
    Toronto (based on winning a poor Atlantic)
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    Charlotte
    Philly
    ---------
    Boston
    Washington
    New Jersey
    New York
    Detriot
    Clevland
    Indiana

Yes folks Raps win Titanic division with 45-48 wins....

How you ask?

Here is a few reasons.

BC adds a good quality player with the TPE at some point
    Weems emerges as a good starter
    Jack/Jose become a good duo
    Defence improves
    Andrea scores a few more points (due to more shots)
    Demar has a great second half
    Alabi looks like a mini Mutombo

Boston gets injuries and big man are to slow...
    Phily takes time to gel.
    NJ and NY are still a long way away.

You heard it here first Raps have a realistic shot winning a divison title.

Call me crazy and I know you will but I think this team is going to shock the world!!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm i dont think you can make the playoffs and have a top 3 pick =P
    ...... Well unless you're the Boston Bruins

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rouge wrote: View Post
    IF BC can pickup a goto and/or Impact player via trade or what not... we're in the PLAYOFFs. If we make a habit of winning and get deep in the playoffs... other players would want to play here....

SEE UTAH, SEE SPURS ... These Cities are not better then what TORONTO offers..
    but they win and have a habit --- thus all players would rather play in UTAH then TORONTO.

I see BUCKS as a sleeper team...
    utah tanked once thats how they got D will...
    spurs tanked once that s how they got timmy D

raps have a dedication to hoping they finish 8th and then letting cindarella take over...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    1.Miami-anyone who thinks differently is seriously delusional
    yea you really think any of the centers on the free agent list or anyone in the D -League paired with Bosh is gona get stops...

no one is questioning offensivekly how great they will be... but defensively bosh and some d leaguer aint gona stop ANYONE !

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

playoffs?!

I can only think of 3 teams that the Raptors are better then at this moment.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default my picks. and quasi rationale..

1. Celtics - I hate them, but an improved Rajon and the addition of JO, make them better this coming season. Let's also not forget that they are officially in the WORST division in the league. Basically, the Atlantic provides the Celtics with an automatic 16 wins. Not fair.

2. Chicago - Celtics defense + Rose + Boozer + second worst division = lotsa wins.

3. Orlando - Still a great team... filled with All-Stars, but unfortunately, they're now in a very tough division. Also, Rashard Lewis just isn't the same now that he doesn't have access to his "over the counter cold medication"... right.

4. Miami - Tough division, coach who won't be able to command the attention of his stars, and as much as Stern loves Lebron, he won't allow the Heat to play with two basketballs... and all this assumes they'll actually have a full roster.

5. Milwaukee - Weaker division, the further ascendance of Jennings (I think I was the only one who called him for ROY at the beginning of the season, and I still think he deserved it above Evans), and Bogut. This would also be a crazy 4-5 playoff matchup...

6. Atlanta - Lost a fantastic coach, stronger division, JJ is no longer in a contract year. Oh dear...

7. Have no idea... mostly because these bottom dwellers are going to be making a ton of changes. I love the moves NY has made even though they didn't land James. So I'll put them 7th. Now THIS is going to be Phoenix north... they will be fun to watch.

8. Washington/Toronto/Charlotte... whoever manages to suck less.
    Last edited by Raptor Cowboy; Mon Jul 12th, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All interesting activity happening in the Eastern Conf.

Pistons, 76ers might be ahead of Raptors .... What you all think?
    How do you talk about the Pistons and 76ers before you talk about NY? They just stole the best and brightest from TWO run and gun teams and put them with D'antoni...

Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    1) Miami
    2) Boston
    3) Orlando
    4) Chicago
    5) Atlanta
    6) Bucks
    7) Bobcats
    8) Dog Fight (76ers/Raptors(sleeper)/Cavs)
    Again, where is NY? 76ers still don't have a single player who can make a 20ft jump shot..

IF BC can pickup a goto and/or Impact player via trade or what not... we're in the PLAYOFFs. If we make a habit of winning and get deep in the playoffs... other players would want to play here....

SEE UTAH, SEE SPURS ... These Cities are not better then what TORONTO offers..
    but they win and have a habit --- thus all players would rather play in UTAH then TORONTO.
    Did you just compare two teams with hall of fame coaches to a team coached by Jay Triano?

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we get Chandler, Diaw and Barbosa yes we finally have something here !!
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information