1 - Miami
    2 - Orlando
    3 - Atlanta
    4 - Boston
    5 - Chicago
    6 - Milwaukee
    7 - Charlotte
    8 - NJ

I don't think the Raps will make that playoffs, and I don't want them to tank it on purpose just to get more ping pong balls. This is a lottery team and most of the fans already know that.

What I would like to see is this squad to play every minute of every game, battling hard right to the final buzzer. I want them to establish some sort of culture on and off the court that the fans can be proud of.

Comment

the top two will be a fight between Miami and Orlando, from 3-10 it's anyones game excluding the Raptors, Pacers, nets and sixers.

Comment

Rouge wrote: View Post
        All interesting activity happening in the Eastern Conf.

Will Raptors make the top 8 cut in the Eastern Conf. for playoff

My picks

1) Bulls
        2) Heat
        3) Magic
        4) Boston
        5) Hawks
        6) Bucks
        7) Dog fight
        8) Dog fight

Pistons, 76ers might be ahead of Raptors .... What you all think?
        if the heat dont win unless 70 games its a disappointment lol and no way bulls finish 1st
        ya dun noe

Comment

kanter is a beaassssssssssssssst nothing like other euros hes a tough physical presence who doesnt shoot 3s
          ya dun noe

Comment

Stop all this stupid talk of tanking a year. Have you never played in your life? You play hard, you develop and gain. If you tank, that gets into your development and your make-up and the whole roster, young gunz etc included will be useless in 2-3yrs, and have to be blown up again. Ridiculous.

Besides, being last guarantees nothing in the lottery.

Comment

You guys forgotten New York

1 - Miami
              2 - Orlando
              3 - Boston
              4 - Chicago
              5 - Atlanta
              6 - Charlotte
              7 - Milwaukee
              8 - New York / Raptors / New Jersey

Unfortunately Raptors may be capable enough..to get 8th..

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                Stop all this stupid talk of tanking a year. Have you never played in your life? You play hard, you develop and gain. If you tank, that gets into your development and your make-up and the whole roster, young gunz etc included will be useless in 2-3yrs, and have to be blown up again. Ridiculous.

Besides, being last guarantees nothing in the lottery.
                A team can still play hard, play well and still lose. Especially if they's a young team. The Thunder won 22 games two years ago. Four years ago the Hawks won 30 games. You certainly don't want to lose for more than a couple of years, but if you're going to play a lot of really young players, you're going to probably lose a lot of games.

Being last does guarantee you a top four pick. I don't think the Raptors will be last, and in fact I would guess they'll end up with something like the 5th worst record, but with a couple of extra draft picks and an asset or two, you can turn a 5th or 6th pick into a top 3 pick.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LOL, Raptors making Play off Some of you living in dream.
                  This team, with current players will Win 15 game maximum.

Comment

No team should ever tank and there are no exceptions for the Raptors despite losing Chris Bosh. Although i do not beleive that this squad should tank they should still use this year as a developmental year.. meaning they play there young guys as much as possible and give them as much experience possible.. and hopefully these guys will establish themselves as starters, role players, etc. Use this year to see where your young guys are and establish a culture of playing hard and players giving 110% and nothing else. I dont believe you should play your guys as if theyre going to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals because realistically they are not. But i still believe they should play to win every game and nothing less than that. What ever happens happens. If you make the playoffs you prove that the guys you have are more than capable of playing against other teams and hopefully this would mean that your young guys have proven themselves to be capable. If your a lottery team you have an excellent chance of drafting top notch talent whether it is Harrison Barnes, Enes Kanter, or maybe even someone like Kyrie Irving (Cory Joseph? )

Comment

1.Miami-anyone who thinks differently is seriously delusional
                      2.Orlando-too deep and well rounded to not win high 50's, low 60's
                      3.Chicago-they lost a lot of depth and Boozer is top 5 overrated players in the league but Noah is a good pairing.
                      4.Atlanta-they didn't really improve and there is going to be a big difference between contract year Joe Johnson and 128 million dollar Joe Johnson
                      5. Philly-Need to make a move to add a big and clear up back court glut, but Holiday and Turner are going to dangerous
                      6. Boston-Will have one of the worst front courts in the NBA and are one Rondo injury from utter disaster
                      7.Milwaukee-Great coach, good off season, underrated guys at the 1 and 5
                      8.New York-the Randolph pick up will go down as one of the best of the off-season, but Amare could tear the team apart with his ego and listless attitude

Raps will be battling all season, but they really don't have the talent at this juncture to be anything other than a playoff dark horse. Having said that, the TPE is a pretty big chip that BC still has to play. The Clippers got Camby a couple years ago with thier exception, so the bar is high.

Comment

I don't think Cleveland's doing anything. You can safely take them out of the "dog fight". Mo Williams is their best wing player by a distance, and that's not good. If anyone missed Jamario Moon playing 38 minutes again, you're in luck.

Comment

I think they can make the 8 and hope they do, none of this bullshit of hoping they suck and land Barnes and co in the draft, may as well follow Minny or the Clips.

Give the young guys heaps of burn to gain experience and confidence, get rid of Turk, Calderon for young guys and picks. But I don't think BC will go the patient route in his contract year.

Comment

I see BC making moves and us challenging and aging slow Celtic team (JO and KG running back on defence????) for the division title.

Phily should be good as well.

NJ and NY will be improved here is my early predicition.

Miami 73-8
                            Orlando
                            Chicago
                            Toronto (based on winning a poor Atlantic)
                            Atlanta
                            Milwaukee
                            Charlotte
                            Philly
                            ---------
                            Boston
                            Washington
                            New Jersey
                            New York
                            Detriot
                            Clevland
                            Indiana

Yes folks Raps win Titanic division with 45-48 wins....

How you ask?

Here is a few reasons.

BC adds a good quality player with the TPE at some point
                            Weems emerges as a good starter
                            Jack/Jose become a good duo
                            Defence improves
                            Andrea scores a few more points (due to more shots)
                            Demar has a great second half
                            Alabi looks like a mini Mutombo

Boston gets injuries and big man are to slow...
                            Phily takes time to gel.
                            NJ and NY are still a long way away.

You heard it here first Raps have a realistic shot winning a divison title.

Call me crazy and I know you will but I think this team is going to shock the world!!!

Comment

Umm i dont think you can make the playoffs and have a top 3 pick =P
                              ...... Well unless you're the Boston Bruins

Comment

Rouge wrote: View Post
                                IF BC can pickup a goto and/or Impact player via trade or what not... we're in the PLAYOFFs. If we make a habit of winning and get deep in the playoffs... other players would want to play here....

SEE UTAH, SEE SPURS ... These Cities are not better then what TORONTO offers..
                                but they win and have a habit --- thus all players would rather play in UTAH then TORONTO.

I see BUCKS as a sleeper team...
                                utah tanked once thats how they got D will...
                                spurs tanked once that s how they got timmy D

raps have a dedication to hoping they finish 8th and then letting cindarella take over...

Comment

Working...
                                X