Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should The Raptors Charge Heat With Tampering?

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5371956

What do you think?

I say, do it. Worst that can happen is our charge gets declined, at best, we get compensation.
    I'm placing my bets that losing Chris Bosh will prove to be a VERY good thing for the Raptors. He's not a max player and I would have freaked if we signed him to a max deal.

Charging Miami would make for some bad blood I think. I think the two teams have had pretty good trade relations over the years and I think going after them like that might cost us in the long haul. Plus it's a total distraction and might make us look like sore loosers. Raps are headed in the right direction now, and I think they need to keep their focus on improving the team and taking the higher road.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like it or not, once Raptors and Cleveland signed & traded their franchise players, they can't go after Miami. If they had this action in their plan they shouldn't accept the S&T and go after Miami right away. However, that would be a losing quest for Raptors. Probably others should notify NBA commissioner about tampering and I think Mark Cuban already raised the question. I really hope the NBA commissioner will put some pressure on the "three amigos" this incoming season, so Raptors can get a better draft pick on 2011

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The only tampering that happened was the Olympics. It was there that both Bosh and Lebron realized what a head coach is ACTUALLY supposed to do... I give Spoelstra (sp?) a year (at most) before Riley comes in and starts winning championships.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They should because this was planned from a long time ago and every team should follow the rules.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information