Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Raptors Charge Heat With Tampering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would charge them just to go over the formality and to have something to go by if this should ever happen again. I could see right through Pat Rileys smile, just like Hannibal when " a plan comes together ". Riley sent his boy Wade to do his dirty work and it all came together in the end, same thing, same result, just that it was Wade who facilitated it instead of Riley. But Wade would have to know that it could happen financially in order to set the plan in order, so someone in the organization must be feeding him numbers and other info during the process.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
      I would charge them just to go over the formality and to have something to go by if this should ever happen again. I could see right through Pat Rileys smile, just like Hannibal when " a plan comes together ". Riley sent his boy Wade to do his dirty work and it all came together in the end, same thing, same result, just that it was Wade who facilitated it instead of Riley. But Wade would have to know that it could happen financially in order to set the plan in order, so someone in the organization must be feeding him numbers and other info during the process.
      he does look like hannibal lecter too.

best i can do.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It will be a difficult thing to prove. I think it's not worth it. F'em, let's move on.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
          Tbh I have a feeling stern force miami to do sign and trades with both Toronto and Cleveland because why would Miami need to if bosh and lebron already committed. It would only benefit Miami to keep those draft picks.

A good league commissioner would investigate the situation regardless, the fact that he is putting it on the team means he has something to hide. Maybe even the threat of openly asking for a investigation is what BC was forced to resort to get something for bosh.

I know tampering was involved and some form of tampering goes on all the time in this league but this is he first time it's been on this scale. Which is why BC first words in his letter are what a spectacle !

Miami had to do the s&t because Bosh and LJ get 6 yr (guaranteed) deals and greater increases per year to make up for the shave they take in year 1. Bosh may have made that a condition before saying he was committed. He hadnt signed yet at the time.

Comment

whats the point? clearly Stern sees the "joining of forces" as good for the league. He announces the salary cap 2 days after Lebron announces he is going to miami and puts it at 58mil when everybody was already expecting it at 56mil. so obvious he was giving the heat leway so they wont have to go over the tax so they can sign the three superstars.

i find it bogus. but, what can i do, its the sport i love to watch so just eat it like sour grape.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5371956

What do you think?

I say, do it. Worst that can happen is our charge gets declined, at best, we get compensation.
              I'm placing my bets that losing Chris Bosh will prove to be a VERY good thing for the Raptors. He's not a max player and I would have freaked if we signed him to a max deal.

Charging Miami would make for some bad blood I think. I think the two teams have had pretty good trade relations over the years and I think going after them like that might cost us in the long haul. Plus it's a total distraction and might make us look like sore loosers. Raps are headed in the right direction now, and I think they need to keep their focus on improving the team and taking the higher road.
              "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
              ~Rorschach

Comment

Like it or not, once Raptors and Cleveland signed & traded their franchise players, they can't go after Miami. If they had this action in their plan they shouldn't accept the S&T and go after Miami right away. However, that would be a losing quest for Raptors. Probably others should notify NBA commissioner about tampering and I think Mark Cuban already raised the question. I really hope the NBA commissioner will put some pressure on the "three amigos" this incoming season, so Raptors can get a better draft pick on 2011

Comment

The only tampering that happened was the Olympics. It was there that both Bosh and Lebron realized what a head coach is ACTUALLY supposed to do... I give Spoelstra (sp?) a year (at most) before Riley comes in and starts winning championships.

Comment

They should because this was planned from a long time ago and every team should follow the rules.
                    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                    X