Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder what he's going to do with Dwayne Jones.

Comment

• We know what we're getting from Barbosa. Here's to hoping Jones is a diamond in the rough.

Comment

• I hope he still trys to package Dwayne Jones, Jose, Evans, Banks or PO'B why not all of them.
        Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          We know what we're getting from Barbosa. Here's to hoping Jones is a diamond in the rough.
          Or you know... We can just trade him

Comment

• Finally, we can count on Turk departure, I hope he enjoys nachos as much as he enjoyed pizza-pizza. Thanks BC for fixing your own mistake, Turk was a horrible option for Raptors anyway. Turk didn't like Raptors style, however I am not quite sure how is he going to like Suns style which is quite similar, the ball sits mostly on Nash/Dragic hands. It must be the best day of the year as a Raptors fan to see Turk OFFICIALLY GONE! Yahooooo!

Comment

• Here is a great article by Ulmer that spells out his feelings for Turk

Hedo, Hedo, Hedo, we barely even knew you.

Oh yeah, we knew the 'ball' saying, mask refusing, on-court-pooching, cap-destroying, no-foul-drawing Hedo.

We knew the barely talking, camera knocking, suspension getting, barely sweatin' Hedo.

But what about the real man? You are off to Phoenix. We would mourn but for the fact that you are spectacularly unworthy and there are 10 billion more important things to do in the summer. Thing number 6,411: buy a patch kit to repair those old inner tubes the kids never use.

It was just over a year ago, July 9, when you truly entered into the consciousness of Canada's basketball public. There were hundreds of kids for the press conference, an enthralled Turkish community and a lovely storyline: a versatile international player making his way to this cosmopolitan city.

I was excited. Everyone was excited. You were a hybrid, a point forward who could make plays and score. The Orlando Magic had made the NBA Finals by giving you the ball when the money was on the table.

With Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Jarrett Jack and Andrea Bargnani on board, there seemed to be limitless possibilities.

You certainly inferred that when you said the club was stacked with "people I want to work with," the day you arrived. "This was easy for me. This is a basketball style I have always admired," you said.

Turns out no.

You are the perfect date who turns out horribly wrong, the poster boy for malcontent athletes who actually punish the teams that sign him. Like Groucho Marx, you would never join any club that would have you. And you never really did.

From the regular lame efforts, to the celebrated one-game suspension for being spied on the town the night after you begged off a game, to your insistence that the team de-emphasize their guards to get you the ball more, yours was a season for the ages.

You had the town at hello. Then came several months of Waiting For Hedo. In 74 tries, you led the Raptors in scoring twice and while you can point to the presence of Bosh please keep in mind that Sonny Weems led the team four times. You were supposed to be a spicy wing player who could devour clunky defences. You turned out to be a chunky player who devoured spicy wings.

The highlight, of course, was The Ball Interview when Jack Armstrong asked you to explain a temporary (weren’t they all) spike in your play.

"Ball,"you said. Just ball.

Ball became a catchword. People started selling "Just Say Ball" t-shirts online. It distanced you from the crowd in a way your play never could.

Then came the contrite apology to fans the day after the season ended.

"I know I upset a lot of people," you said, "but it really wasn't on purpose."

Oh, all right then. As long as it just by accident.

Leandro Barbosa will come from Phoenix in the deal.

Let us be clear. We would gladly watch 24 hours straight of Jim Gray interviewing LeBron James with only sporadic breaks to eat, drink and retch if that's what it took to seal this deal.

And so Hedo, we say to you, take your ball and go home. I know this might upset you, but it really wasn't on purpose.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Wonder what he's going to do with Dwayne Jones.
                From one of the articles:
                Jones’ contract is not guaranteed and could be disposed of before training camp
                Read more: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...#ixzz0ti0N5tFK
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I was just about to say that Jones will probably be waived, but I said the same thing last summer about Weems, so I'm going to hold off on any predictions at this point.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Rainman wrote: View Post
                    You were supposed to be a spicy wing player who could devour clunky defences. You turned out to be a chunky player who devoured spicy wings.
                    Love that.

Comment

• Vellassco wrote: View Post
                      Link

Also, Raptors official statement:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/barb...de_071410.html

Cheers ,Doc
                      Better learn how to spot shoot Turk cause Kid Canada will be handling "ball" most of the time.

Comment

• barbosa is a beasttttttttt
                        ya dun noe

Comment

• Forge wrote: View Post
                          Better learn how to spot shoot Turk cause Kid Canada will be handling "ball" most of the time.
                          I may be known as one of the "Hedo Fan Boys" around raps forums and be used to take my part from the heat through Hedo all year long. Funny thing is i have never been hard fan boy on my entire life. Being a hard fan boy, extreme loves, keen hates etc are not mt my types. On the other hand if someone insists on to put a label on me, the name on the label would be nothing but just "Nash Fan" at basketball or "Federer Fan" at tennis. It was "John Stockton" and "Pete Sampras" earlier.

Anyway, Lets come to your point. Here Suns Coach (a real coach, do not mix with Triano) Gentry talk about Turk and Suns future:

He’s such an impact player because he can do so many things. We look at him as a two, three and four. We look at him as a guy that can run screen-and-rolls, and facilitate our offense. We think it will help Steve (Nash) tremendously because we think we can take Steve off the ball and make him a shooter. One of the things we haven’t been able to utilize over the years here is Steve’s ability to be a shooter. If he’s not the best shooter in the league, he’s in the top two or three shooters. We like for him to be the guy off the ball some coming off screens and I think Hedo will allow us to do that.
                          I'm not trying to imply how great player Hedo is with this quote. Contrarirly all i'm trying to put in here is how great personality "Kid Canada is having.

Bye Guys. It was great pleasure to be member of RR. This place has been an oasis in the desert for me. Thanks for tolerance you showed me.

I wish best for Raps. I will follow you and cheer you up all the time.

Cheers.

Comment

• Vellassco wrote: View Post
                            I may be known as one of the "Hedo Fan Boys" around raps forums ....
                            Bye Guys. It was great pleasure to be member of RR. This place has been an oasis in the desert for me. Thanks for tolerance you showed me.

I wish best for Raps. I will follow you and cheer you up all the time.

Cheers.
                            Good luck defending Hedo against Suns fans for the next year or so . Hedo really needs people like you to defend his laziness.

Comment

• INFO wrote: View Post
                              Or you know... We can just trade him
                              A team cannot trade a player...

For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers, if the player is being traded in combination with other players. However, the team is free to trade the player by himself (not packaged with other players) immediately. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap. (Also see question number 75 for a special case where players can be traded together in less than two months.)
                              source: Larry Coon's NBA Salary Cap FAQ

Not sure you're going to get anything worth talking about when moving him by himself.

Comment

• Grading the Turk/Barbosa Swap

Just wanted to share an article that grades the Turk/Barbosa Swap from RealGM:
                                http://realgm.com/src_feature_pieces...load_turkoglu/

Of course we'll all like it because it favours the Raps.

Comment

Working...
                                X