Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is what it'll look like (hopefully). Assuming Calderon, Evans, Banks, TPE and/or picks will be used to acquire a potential starting PG. I also assume that most of the other guys will be competing for minutes like last year.

Ct - Bargnani/Alabi/Johnson/Dorsey
    PF - Johnson/Davis/Diaw/Dorsey
    SF - Diaw/Kleiza/Derozan
    SG - Weems/Derozan/Barbosa/Bellineli
    PG - ? /Jack/Barbosa

But it could just as well be:

PG - Jack/Barbosa/Banks

with Evans also helping out at the 4,5 and Calderon + TPE traded to Lakers for 1st round pick (Fisher is a gonner).
    Last edited by dagon420; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Woooo! I don't care if we got a pack of cigs for Turk as long as he's gone! Barbosa is a sharpshooter, I like his game and from what i can tell, he's a jokester(See Avatar Prank), he's good for this team. Boris Diaw is a good ball player with a high bball IQ. I hope this isn't the end but it sure is a start.

Comment

Diaw sucks !! That is an awful trade for Toronto.

Comment

Tmar wrote: View Post
          Still think we can package Calderon and Marco to Indiana for Granger.

Well you are Wrong and we Can not do that since the Pacer GM is not a moron.
          Diaw Deal is pure BS and I don't know why we have to get him !!

Comment

R u stupid diaw is a very skilled basketball player. He dropped 32 on us this year. Hes like a lamar odom

Comment

I am not sure if I like Boris Diaw coming here for the amount of money that he makes, especially given that we are using some of our TPE to get him while that money could be used to get something better.

Comment

rapsfan wrote: View Post
                R u stupid diaw is a very skilled basketball player. He dropped 32 on us this year. Hes like a lamar odom
                LOOOL, yah, you are right.
                Diaw is great rebounder, he rebounds like Lamar , he has ball handling like Lamar and he can run a team from point forward position like Lamar. He has Lamar's Speed for the size and he is also as tall as Lamar
                what was I thinking, DUH !!!

Comment

Anyone else thinking Diaw will be the starting Power Forward, with Johnson as the first big backing up both Bargs and Diaw, and Davis needing to earn his minutes.

Comment

bodmon wrote: View Post
                    Diaw only has one year left on his contract, which only contributes to further long-term financial flexibility. Obviously using part of the TPE diminishes some flexibility now, but it would've expired in a year and I doubt we would be able to use all of it (16 mill) to acquire just one player.
                    So using part of the TPE in this scenario is not a bad thing, even if Diaw is not the greatest of players. At least he's serviceable and can play the SF position, which is where there is some lack of depth.
                    NO, He has 2 years for 18 million.

Comment

• dagon420 wrote: View Post
                      Assuming Calderon, Evans, Banks, TPE and/or picks will be used to acquire a potential starting PG).
                      That doesn't make sense. You can bundle your borderline NBA starting expensive point guard for little used expensive third stringer PG and little used expensive back up PF in Evans to get a better point guard.

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                      with Evans also helping out at the 4,5 and Calderon + TPE traded to Lakers for 1st round pick (Fisher is a gonner).
                      Why would we want to ship a valuable piece such a Calderon for the Lakers for their late first rounder?! Calderon is worth much more and they already signed Steve Blake.

In all likelyhood it will be Jarret Jack that would be shipped out because he is cheaper (easily moveable contract) and Calderon had better chemistry with the Young Gunz then he did.

Comment

• dont understand why were getting diaw still kinda baffled by that decision we need to persue a half decent pg not another overpaid player

Comment

• merry christmas happy honica halleluja praise dear jesus!!

Comment

• So long Turk. One step in moving forward as an organization is to get rid of the main cancer in the locker room. And that cancer is obviously Turk. With him gone, we can start the process of building a close knit type team. Sometimes character, heart, and the family environment of a team trumps talent.

Comment

• AllenL2R wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, it looks like the Raptors got Diaw as part of the deal with the Suns.

The current roster for the 2010-2011 season:

PG: Leandro Barbosa / Jarret Jack / Jose Calderon
                              SG: Demar Derozan / Sonny Weems / Marco Belinelli
                              SF: Linus Kleiza / Boris Diaw
                              PF: Amir Johnson / Ed Davis / Reggie Evans
                              C: Andrea Bargnani / Solomon Alabi

That's not bad, although probably not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not much of a Diaw fan, but he's a pretty good facilitator. I'm hoping that Colangelo will trade Calderon for a solid backup at the 5.
                              Kleiza starting ahead of Diaw? Really? Barbosa is the new 6th man and with him here either Jack or Calderon is as good as gone.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                                LOOOL, yah, you are right.
                                Diaw is great rebounder, he rebounds like Lamar , he has ball handling like Lamar and he can run a team from point forward position like Lamar. He has Lamar's Speed for the size and he is also as tall as Lamar
                                what was I thinking, DUH !!!
                                Boris Diaw ISN'T anything like Lamar Odom... y do u think Charlotte iz giving him away for nothing ?

and hez not even as tall as Lamar !

Comment

Working...
                                X