Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

D. Smith says it's all one deal so that may change some things. But just leave that to BC and his staff to figure out.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Nothing matters

Its a long season, players come and players go... some suck some excel.

Hedo came in -- things didnt work out as everyone wanted now he's out.
      Wether the guys are good or sucky will depend on various things..

1) System being used
      2) Team Chemistry
      3) Coaching Staff
      4) 100 and 1 other things need to go right... TAP Water, FOOD, night clubs..etc..

A season can get impacted simply by the waterboy getting sick. So many things have to go right for the team to excel... and everyone is part of it.

The best thing we should hope for is that everyone gets along and has the same vision and goals.... see MAT BONNER ... he did well in Spurs system of play. So can Hedo with the suns and So can Diaw or anyone else with the RAPTORS...
      ...Its about soo many things going right.

THE END

Comment

• I’m very sad of seeing Jose leave. He was, as a fan metioned somewhere Mr Raptor. He played his hole career here, is the leader in assists, a team guy, an excepcional playmaker and more important, a player who wanted to play for the Raptors.
        Remember that without Jose, Amir Demar and Sonny won’t have the same impact as last year. He is a facilitator and a great peace around the young players

The most logical option was to trade Jack with Barbosa being a combo guard who can play along with Jose in the backcourt at the same time (as everybody expected from jack).

I don’t like this move at all. It’s clear now, we’re rebuilding. Sad day Raptors fans

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Why? He's playing for his next contract and he buys them a year to see how quickly Davis can develop.
          The op may have a point. I just posted the possibility of a flip to Houston on the mainboard . Chandler was wanted by them last week during the 4 team discussions re: the Bosh s&t.

ps...Chandler is a C and Davis a PF.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/player/...chandler/71155

Comment

• I don't really get the Jose trade. If Hedo is traded and Barbosa is added to the raptor roster (which make Jack redundant) why not trade Jack instead of Jose?

We have a young team... which could lead to turnover prone (and our young players don't have a good ball handling skills...yet) ...and Amir will be the first player to be sad that Jose is gone.

Comment

• Just to be clear. I liked the part of Adquiring barbosa and Diaw (he's not my favorite player but at some point, we're recieving something). By keeping Jose we solve the problems of the ball handling dispute between him and Hedo. Jose making plays for everyone (like nash with diaw and barbosa) including the young guns. I Hope T.Chandler is part of another deal involving his expring plus banks or the TPE.

But after all it's another 9 new faces team, just like last season. 4 months of gelling time?

Comment

• Raúl wrote: View Post
                I’m very sad of seeing Jose leave. He was, as a fan metioned somewhere Mr Raptor. He played his hole career here, is the leader in assists, a team guy, an excepcional playmaker and more important, a player who wanted to play for the Raptors.
                Remember that without Jose, Amir Demar and Sonny won’t have the same impact as last year. He is a facilitator and a great peace around the young players

The most logical option was to trade Jack with Barbosa being a combo guard who can play along with Jose in the backcourt at the same time (as everybody expected from jack).

I don’t like this move at all. It’s clear now, we’re rebuilding. Sad day Raptors fans
                I disagree

Comment

• Probably 2 things: Bobcats wanted Calderon instead of Jack (which makes sense), and it lets bryco save his trade exception since Calderon is paid more money.

This move is mostly about salaries from the Raptors perspective, I think.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    The op may have a point. I just posted the possibility of a flip to Houston on the mainboard . Chandler was wanted by them last week during the 4 team discussions re: the Bosh s&t.

ps...Chandler is a C and Davis a PF.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/player/...chandler/71155
                    I do recall reading about Houston's interest. I just thought there were more than the 2 options listed, I have nothing against him being moved again - either before the season or near the trade deadline.

And I do know Chandler is a C. I should have said young players instead of just Davis. But I think they can play Davis or Chandler or Amir with Bargs so it doesn't really matter too much.
                    Last edited by Mess; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 02:55 PM.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• The truth finally comes out .
                      I knew it, I told ya HEDO WAS A CANCER, HE'S GONE YAAAAAAAAA
                      From the Globe and mail;

The 6-foot-10 point forward from Turkey created some distractions off the court as well as he tried to steal a cellphone from a women who took a picture of him in a Toronto night club and later was suspended when he was seen out downtown after missing a game due to the flu. He frequently complained about his role with the Raptors, suggesting that with so much of the offense running through Bosh he didn’t get a chance to do what he did best: create for others in pick-and-rolls.

How should we feel about a player who totally DISRESPECTED
                      THE UNIFORM.

Comment

• If the Raptors truly did use the TPE to get rid of Calderon, I'd much rather they kept him. It really wasn't that necessary to get rid of Calderon, especially now with him being the only pass first PG on the roster and a bunch of finishers on the roster, but few creators.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• We are not losing TPE ... Reggie Evans is traded
                          http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14687706.html

Comment

• Part of the TPE

Comment

• Tyson Chandler confirms to Y! Sports he was traded to the Toronto Raptors.
                              http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/18370326754

Comment

• Great Great Move if we don't rid of the core! Tyson Chandler is a defensive presence and diaw and barbosa are great pieces! On paper this looks good,but we know how that goes! lets hope it works out! BC is going to work now!

Comment

Working...
                                X