Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Now, all they need is a dynamic pass-first PG to orchestrate things... what would it take to get Rubio?
    Apparently, (based on half the people in this thread) just our player exception...

Comment

• Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
      Apparently, (based on half the people in this thread) just our player exception...
      Yeah, but those people don't want it wasted on Rubio, they'd prefer CP3.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Davis can play center against other teams second string centers. He's 6 10 ish, plays in the post, and is a good help defender. It may turn out that after he puts on some weight that the center spot suits him better than power forward.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Okay, but really... A #1 plus Diaw or Chandler? Davis?

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            Okay, but really... A #1 plus Diaw or Chandler? Davis?
            hm?

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
              Am I missing anyone? that's a 14-player roster
              Joey Dorsey. We got a LOT of bigs.

Comment

• On the surface, BC is only using a portion of the $15M Bosh TPE to acquire Diaw who's salary is approx. $9M/per.
                RR OG

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  That doesn't make sense. You can bundle your borderline NBA starting expensive point guard for little used expensive third stringer PG and little used expensive back up PF in Evans to get a better point guard.

Why would we want to ship a valuable piece such a Calderon for the Lakers for their late first rounder?! Calderon is worth much more and they already signed Steve Blake.

In all likelyhood it will be Jarret Jack that would be shipped out because he is cheaper (easily moveable contract) and Calderon had better chemistry with the Young Gunz then he did.
                  What backsup that Calderon has better chemistry with the so called "young gunz"?

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                    Boris Diaw ISN'T anything like Lamar Odom... y do u think Charlotte iz giving him away for nothing ?

and hez not even as tall as Lamar !
                    I was being sarcastic in response to a post earlier which draw the comparison.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      Calderon/Barbosa
                      Weems/Derozan
                      Kleiza/Diaw
                      Bargnani/Davis
                      _______/Johnson
                      What did you do to Jack... where will we get our daily dose of moping???

Comment

• Tmar wrote: View Post
                        Still think we can package Calderon and Marco to Indiana for Granger.
                        c'mon people where are you coming up with these dreams?! Toronto should have selected Granger and pass on Joey Graham a few years ago... but this train has long gone. Granger is the man for Bird and he won't trade him.

Comment

• Hedo trade was a good move for both teams (Raps, Suns). Grade: A

I'm in the camp that the Diaw pick up is fairly decent. Again, I'm not sure who's available out there, but I think a lot of people posting hate about Diaw might eat a bit of crow when they see he can play. He'll fit in with our line up a little better than some people think. Grade: B-

Is he the best we can do with our TPE? Well, sure, I think there's room for debate there.
                          "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                          ~Rorschach

Comment

• Kennay wrote: View Post
                            No but he did recently get Paul George and Lance Stephenson.
                            Did you watch Paul George play in Orlando last week? He's going to be a good player in this league. Not an all star, but a solid starter. He missed a lot, but he is a leader the minute he steps on the floor.

Comment

• A Little update apparently Jose Calderon and TPE for Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler according to Hoopsworld

Yesterday the Raptors shipped off Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix and got Leandro Barbosa in return and have a deal that's likely to drop today which will return Boris Diaw for Jose Calderon and Tyson CHandler for the trade exception the team obtained from Miami in the Bosh sign-and-trade deal.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0tWoToRlv
                              http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16779
                              Last edited by d1m45h; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

What did you do to Jack... where will we get our daily dose of moping???
                                I kinda assumed he'd be moved somewhere. But I see now that it's calderon who may be on the move.

And never fear for the lack of moping. I believe there's plenty of that to be found here on the boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X