Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong here, I like all the movement that we're seeing and it seems like BC is trying to get some good players to put into our rotation, but aren't we running into a familiar problem of having to find minutes for all of our guys, in particular our young guys that we're striving to develop for the future?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    IF (yes, a BIG IF) Denver were to match the Raptors' offer for Kleiza, I would love to see BC flip Barbosa & TPE to New Orleans for Stojakovic & Collison. Stojakovic becomes the backup SF behind Diaw, is a $15M expiring contract and is one of the large contracts that NO wants gone as a price to grab Collison. Collison becomes the starting PG with Jack being a good fit running the second unit!

C: Chandler / Alabi (12th man)
    PF: Bargnani / Johnson / Davis
    SF: Diaw / Stojakovic
    SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli (11th man)
    PG: Collison / Jack

Bench: Dorsey & Banks

Not only is the lineup solid, but it has a good young core and about $31M in expiring contracts (Chandler/Stojakovic/Banks) to use as trade assets at this season's trade deadline! Also, in this scenario, the Raptors would still have their MLE this season
    People really have to stop talking about Collison lol
    Untill there is a legit rumor going around, this talk of Collison is getting ridiculous

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    Don't get me wrong here, I like all the movement that we're seeing and it seems like BC is trying to get some good players to put into our rotation, but aren't we running into a familiar problem of having to find minutes for all of our guys, in particular our young guys that we're striving to develop for the future?
    Agreed, but better that than "Holy Christ, how are we going to trade any of these horrible contracts???"

BC just cleared the decks, and got assets back with some real value, either in terms of short-term expiration or having a serviceable player under a serviceable contract. We'll worry about the other issues when they come up.

In terms of quality, last year we were looking at roughly:

Bosh
    Turk
    Bargnani
    Johnson
    Jack
    Calderon
    DeRozan
    Weems
    Rasho
    Belli
    Banks
    Evans
    Dorsey
    POB

And today:

Bargnani
    Johnson
    Jack
    Weems
    DeRozan
    Jack
    Chandler
    Barbosa
    Diaw
    Davis
    Belli
    Evans
    Banks
    Alabi
    Dorsey

Sure, no superstar, but that's a helluva deep team right there, with a lot of potentially tradeable assets, extra draft picks and a huge trade exception. Insane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    People really have to stop talking about Collison lol
    Untill there is a legit rumor going around, this talk of Collison is getting ridiculous
    There my not be a specific Raptors rumor, but there have been rumors for months that NO is dangling Collison, in order to rid themselves of any/some/all of the Stojakovic/Okafor/Posey contracts. Most teams would be able to offer expring contracts, just slightly worse contracts or second-tier talent in return. Toronto offering the full TPE, along with perhaps a relatively good/cheap player like Jack/Barbosa and/or draft picks, is about the only team with a legit offer which could wind up bringing absolutely no salary back to NO in return. No Collison-to-Toronto rumor... yet... but I think there is enough "sense" to the idea to make it worth discussing.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    He may be the best center outside the NBA but that doesn't mean he can come in and contribute right away. He was outside the NBA for a reason.

I'll be surprised if he turns out to be more than a serviceable center--keyword: serviceable.
    Splitter was not in the NBA because he was making more in Europe. I'm not saying he's going to come in right away and play 30 mpg, but between him, Duncan, McDyess and Blair, I think they have enough good big men.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If we want to keep our TPE from bosh, Don't we have to throw in one more piece than just Evans as well because you can't combine phoenix's TPE with our players to send to charlotte?

My scenario:

Phx trades 9.8 mil TPE for Hedo (Toronto gets a 9.8 TPE as result)
    Toronto trades that 9.8 mil TPE for Diaw (Charlotte gets a 9 mil TPE as result)
    Charlotte trades that 9 mil TPE for Barbosa and dwayne jones

So after this series of trades, we're trying to get Chandler (12.8)+ Barbosa(7.1) from Charlotte without using Bosh's TPE. To do that, we need to send to them at least 15.92 mil in salary (125% of 15.92 = 19.9). Calderon + Evans = 9 mil + 5.1 = 14.1 mil only. To reach 15.92, we need to send either Belinelli or Banks as well to make it work

BTW, the numbers are courtesy of Hoopshype

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yessssssss the pizza pizza spokesperson is out Chandler is the main player i think hes a great player for us with his defense and athleticism

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote f91ultra wrote: View Post
    If we want to keep our TPE from bosh, Don't we have to throw in one more piece than just Evans as well because you can't combine phoenix's TPE with our players to send to charlotte?

My scenario:

So after this series of trades, we're trying to get Chandler (12.8)+ Barbosa(7.1) from Charlotte without using Bosh's TPE. To do that, we need to send to them at least 15.92 mil in salary (125% of 15.92 = 19.9). Calderon + Evans = 9 mil + 5.1 = 14.1 mil only. To reach 15.92, we need to send either Belinelli or Banks as well to make it work

Just thought of another option: Are there anyone we can sign out of retirement to throw into a trade as well? we could do that to avoid including Marco or Banks i believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

I hate being a nag but we need to stop making multiple threads for this one trade. All your answers can or will be found here.

Thanks,

Apollo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

haha Apollo having a little trouble with all the baby bloggers?

I'm surprised these past two weeks didn't crash the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

My scenario:

It apparently works under the CBA. The numbers don't have to exactly match, as long as they are within 125% plus or minus $100,000.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5612180

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

My scenario:

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It apparently works under the CBA. The numbers don't have to exactly match, as long as they are within 125% plus or minus $100,000.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5612180
    The 125% rule only applies to player salaries though and NOT TPE. When using TPE you can only go over it by 100k. and how does it work from charlotte's perspective in that checker? they're sending out 21.8 mil in salary and getting back 15.1 as it stands right now (which doesn't fit the 125% rule). This is made more complicated when you can't combine TPE's with players in a straight up 1 deal 3 team trades. When using TPE you must use it individually by itself (see my scenario)

Post Thanks / Like

The 125% rule only applies to player salaries though and NOT TPE. When using TPE you can only go over it by 100k. and how does it work from charlotte's perspective in that checker? they're sending out 21.8 mil in salary and getting back 15.1 as it stands right now (which doesn't fit the 125% rule). This is made more complicated when you can't combine TPE's with players in a straight up 1 deal 3 team trades. When using TPE you must use it individually by itself (see my scenario)
    My point is that the TPE doesn't need to be used, so as has been already discussed, it won't be.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    My point is that the TPE doesn't need to be used, so as has been already discussed, it won't be.

EDIT: nvm someone else in the front page thread pointe dout how it could work
    Last edited by f91ultra; Mon Jul 12th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be funny if fans met in the streets when the deal is announced and burn Hedo's jersey...(Oh wait no one has any of those)

OK so we order a pizza and chant Ball for fun!!!

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yo guys chandler might be a steal for us he is so good defensibly he just needs to stay healthy for the majority of the season he is a very very very good defensive center i am happy BC included him in the deal

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's taking forever!!!

How long do we have 2 wait...till this deal is done..or is it done already.
    I just want 2 say DONE DEAL...CONFIRMED,hopefully soon.
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Mon Jul 12th, 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Evans on his twitter is saying it was fun Toronto etc...Im prob not posting anything new here.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear. Diaw is not an upgrade for Hedo. Turkoglu is clearly a better player, more complete and experience. But with the recent coments from Hedo, his huge contract and the negative attention he had during last season, it was a good move.

Don't get very excited about Barbosa, he's quick but no t a great defender and he neither has a very good shot selection. Chandler is an injury prone big man who was traded from one place to another and I won't be suprise if we trade him at some point of the season. I don't see him having a big impact on the team (specially knowing that he won't be here next season).
    Diaw is a good, complete player but if there's something i don't like about him is his passion on the court (almost invisible), sometimes it seems he doesn't want to be there.

I'm very sad watching Jose go, he was a great piece for the organitation inside and outside the court, very much like AP last season. I don't want him to leave

I dont want to be pessimist, the three players we got are nice pieces, but there's a common feeling that they're better than what we have, but that's just because we never saw them 82 games in a season. Sometimes we think that everything outside our team is better than us

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raśl wrote: View Post
    Just to be clear. Diaw is not an upgrade for Hedo. Turkoglu is clearly a better player, more complete and experience. But with the recent coments from Hedo, his huge contract and the negative attention he had during last season, it was a good move.
    Diaw has been a much better defender than Turkoglu, which should factor into a comparative assessment of the two players. Age and waning "pop" is another factor; I think Turk looked like he was winding down a bit physically last year.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information