Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what's going to happen with this roster BC still has a lot of work. We have too much redundancy on the roster and no defined roles. Good teams rotate 8 or nine players this is who I see should be in our rotation

Bargnani - Chandler - Johnson - Diaw - Kleiza - Derozan - Weems - Jack - Barbosa

Spot minutes
    Davis - Belinelli
    No minutes
    alabi - dorsey

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i second that disagreement

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
    I have no idea what's going to happen with this roster BC still has a lot of work. We have too much redundancy on the roster and no defined roles. Good teams rotate 8 or nine players this is who I see should be in our rotation

Bargnani - Chandler - Johnson - Diaw - Kleiza - Derozan - Weems - Jack - Barbosa

Spot minutes
    Davis - Belinelli
    No minutes
    alabi - dorsey
    Most teams tend to have at least a few players who should play in excess of 30 minutes. At this point in their careers, if any of these players were on a contender, not one of them would play 30+ minutes, if that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yahoo just reported on Twitter that Jordan has had second thougths on the trade with the Raptors and now it's in peril. Maybe Jose stays YEAAAAAh

source http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...orstrade071210

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

God dam michael jordan or having second thoughts...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

check my new thread its all on there with the story

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

if jose stays we re in real trouble i just hope the trade goes down

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

omg please get rid of jose this is gonna fuck things up

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the CHarlotte end of the deal is out. Jose stays.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...d-for-now.html

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think MJ was reading Raptors related forums and he saw how happy Raptors fan were, hence the second thoughts ... guys, you should keep it quite till the deal is officially closed, you see what you did now???

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jordan only really thought about what he was doing once it got too dark to finish his round of golf.

(though it's looking like it's unfair to put the fault completely on him - even if it is the most enjoyable)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapsfan wrote: View Post
    if jose stays we re in real trouble i just hope the trade goes down
    I'm not quite sure how keeping Jose makes the Raptors in trouble. He'd be really the only one who can run an offense on the entire team, and one of the few returning players on the team who consistently made a positive impact on the court.

I've said it many times, but far too many people around hear vastly underestimate Calderon's impact on the floor.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@WojYahooNBA Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll & Najera.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I'm not quite sure how keeping Jose makes the Raptors in trouble. He'd be really the only one who can run an offense on the entire team, and one of the few returning players on the team who consistently made a positive impact on the court.

I've said it many times, but far too many people around hear vastly underestimate Calderon's impact on the floor.
    This becomes especially true when you consider Weems, Derozan, Johnson and Davis will get significant playing time. You are going to need a player on the floor like Calderon who knows the game and who can control the offense and get the right shots for the right players. With Calderon on the floor they'd be playing as a team and the young players would learn the game better with a point guard like him in comparison to JJ.

Actually, if the Raps are going to keep Barbosa (to play behind Jose), I would like to see Jack moved, and perhaps some other assets, for a good SG to play backup for Weems, and have Derozan become the starting 3, Johnson at the 4 and Bargs at the 5. This starting lineup wouldn't win us a whole lotta games, but it would do amazing things for getting Weems, Derozan and Johnson up to starter calibre.Davis and Alabi would be the backup 4/5's and the same would be said for their development.

Having a 15m TPE and 19m in expirings would provide enough room for augmentation and progress in the future as is. This isn't a rebuild, as we already have the core together. It's that word BC keeps throwing out there, "evolving," and requires a level of trust that the young players you've already acquired have the talent to make your team better rather than the undermining of confidence that is implied by scrambling to add mediocre veterans to eat into their playing and development time.

Edit: wait, i see now that Barbosa has a player option for next year...never mind that. Still. My point is valid.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Tue Jul 13th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Actually, if the Raps are going to keep Barbosa (to play behind Jose), I would like to see Jack moved, and perhaps some other assets, for a good SG to play backup for Weems, and have Derozan become the starting 3, Johnson at the 4 and Bargs at the 5. This starting lineup wouldn't win us a whole lotta games, but it would do amazing things for getting Weems, Derozan and Johnson up to starter calibre.Davis and Alabi would be the backup 4/5's and the same would be said for their development.
    Jack certainly should bring in better talent in trade, and Calderon would certainly be the better PG to keep for any fans who want to continue seeing those ally-oops to Weems, DeRozan, Johnson and now Davis.

I think Belinelli is more than enough as a backup behind Weems, if DeRozan started at 3. Consistent minutes might do wonders for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I still think Jose is out of here. Jack and Barbosa can run the offense...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I still think Jose is out of here. Jack and Barbosa can run the offense...
    Jack and Barbosa can man the PG position. I'd hesitate to say that they could run the offense. Of course, since we're not worried about winning next season, then I'm all for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on now, if Jose is better than Jack it ain't by much. We're not talking about losing Steve Nash or anything.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Barbosa was a 2? I've got a lot of time for Jose, but if pressed I'd probably take Jack - he's a little younger and more explosive than Jose. Both of them are damn good point guards though. Barbosa's not a big playmaker and I'm pretty sure he's not an 7+ assist per game guy. I see him as more of a slasher and potential scorer. Is the plan really to have him play the point?
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Come on now, if Jose is better than Jack it ain't by much. We're not talking about losing Steve Nash or anything.
    Overall, I'd agree, although I do give Jose the edge. Running an offense, Jose is miles ahead. There's no contest. Calderon is certainly no Steve Nash, but he's still one of the best in the league at it.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information