Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d1m45h wrote: View Post
    Forgetting Reggie Evans, Marcus Banks, Marco Belinelli all of them have guaranteed contracts for next year

Have you watched Suns play? Barbosa can make threes and play PG
    You must have watched the old Suns play. Last year he shot a pathetic 32% from beyond the arc. He has only average over 1.5 3PFG per game twice in his career. He is no point guard. Look Amir can play point guard too that doesn't make him one. Barbosa's career assists per 36 minutes in 3.7 and Turnovers 2.1. He is no PG at least not someone the Raptors want to play there. Barbosa is a quick undersized SG with mediocre defense and once upon a time could make shots from beyond the arc.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AllenL2R wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it looks like the Raptors got Diaw as part of the deal with the Suns.

The current roster for the 2010-2011 season:

PG: Leandro Barbosa / Jarret Jack / Jose Calderon
    SG: Demar Derozan / Sonny Weems / Marco Belinelli
    SF: Linus Kleiza / Boris Diaw
    PF: Amir Johnson / Ed Davis / Reggie Evans
    C: Andrea Bargnani / Solomon Alabi

That's not bad, although probably not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not much of a Diaw fan, but he's a pretty good facilitator. I'm hoping that Colangelo will trade Calderon for a solid backup at the 5.
    Everyone is putting Derozan as a starter, what is up with that?. The Derozan guy can not defend his position, why not start Weems that is better defensively and is a known commodity with the mid-range game? If Triano starts Demar because he is our rookie and Weems deserves the starting spot, it will be an injustice..

Raptors Republic Rookie AllenL2R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
    Not bad but Barbosa isn't a point guard. Don't get it twisted, he's a 2 guard in a point guard's body...just like Jameer Nelson.
    Leandro can play the point, and that's the position I hope he'll play for us. He brings quickness and shooting to the team and should make a good addition.

Raptors Republic Rookie AllenL2R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    Everyone is putting Derozan as a starter, what is up with that?. The Derozan guy can not defend his position, why not start Weems that is better defensively and is a known commodity with the mid-range game? If Triano starts Demar because he is our rookie and Weems deserves the starting spot, it will be an injustice..
    It doesn't really matter whether Demar or Sonny starts; they're very similar players and should play about the same number of minutes. (As long as Belinelli stays glued to the bench, I'll be happy.)

Post Thanks / Like

Still think we can package Calderon and Marco to Indiana for Granger.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I think they are trying to go for length, thats the only reason to bring in diaw. barbosa doesn't make any sense unless they are using him solely for his speed hoping he can stay infront of guards, kinda the way they used Lue to guard iverson.
    I agree with you on this. I do think Barbosa can hold his only coming off of the bench as a SG depending on who he is asked to guard. He has played PG but with a career Asst/TO ratio of of about 1.76 the Raptors don't want him spending too much time at the point.

I think while neither Kleiza, Barabosa or Diaw are going to get you too many wins they are not going to hurt you either. Good solid players who can give good minutes.

Careers WS/48 - league average .100
    -------------------
    Barbosa --.112 (last season only .065)
    Diaw------.084 (last season .103)
    Kleiza-----.103
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    You must have watched the old Suns play. Last year he shot a pathetic 32% from beyond the arc. He has only average over 1.5 3PFG per game twice in his career. He is no point guard. Look Amir can play point guard too that doesn't make him one. Barbosa's career assists per 36 minutes in 3.7 and Turnovers 2.1. He is no PG at least not someone the Raptors want to play there. Barbosa is a quick undersized SG with mediocre defense and once upon a time could make shots from beyond the arc.
    The reason his shots went down because he was injured late in 2008-2009 season, against Raptors by the way =P. Missed most of 2009-2010 season and played at the end of season and playoffs. He's also been backing up Nash until Dragic was drafted by Suns

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AllenL2R wrote: View Post
    It doesn't really matter whether Demar or Sonny starts; they're very similar players and should play about the same number of minutes. (As long as Belinelli stays glued to the bench, I'll be happy.)
    they need to move belinelli tbh

Raptors Republic Rookie Tortacular's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tmar wrote: View Post
    did Larry Bird recently suffer brain damage?
    You can find me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    definately agree with you...BC is wasting TPE, fk -_-
    x2

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is what it'll look like (hopefully). Assuming Calderon, Evans, Banks, TPE and/or picks will be used to acquire a potential starting PG. I also assume that most of the other guys will be competing for minutes like last year.

Ct - Bargnani/Alabi/Johnson/Dorsey
    PF - Johnson/Davis/Diaw/Dorsey
    SF - Diaw/Kleiza/Derozan
    SG - Weems/Derozan/Barbosa/Bellineli
    PG - ? /Jack/Barbosa

But it could just as well be:

PG - Jack/Barbosa/Banks

with Evans also helping out at the 4,5 and Calderon + TPE traded to Lakers for 1st round pick (Fisher is a gonner).
    Last edited by dagon420; Mon Jul 12th, 2010 at 02:46 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Woooo! I don't care if we got a pack of cigs for Turk as long as he's gone! Barbosa is a sharpshooter, I like his game and from what i can tell, he's a jokester(See Avatar Prank), he's good for this team. Boris Diaw is a good ball player with a high bball IQ. I hope this isn't the end but it sure is a start.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Diaw sucks !! That is an awful trade for Toronto.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tmar wrote: View Post

Well you are Wrong and we Can not do that since the Pacer GM is not a moron.
    Diaw Deal is pure BS and I don't know why we have to get him !!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

R u stupid diaw is a very skilled basketball player. He dropped 32 on us this year. Hes like a lamar odom

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if I like Boris Diaw coming here for the amount of money that he makes, especially given that we are using some of our TPE to get him while that money could be used to get something better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapsfan wrote: View Post
    R u stupid diaw is a very skilled basketball player. He dropped 32 on us this year. Hes like a lamar odom
    LOOOL, yah, you are right.
    Diaw is great rebounder, he rebounds like Lamar , he has ball handling like Lamar and he can run a team from point forward position like Lamar. He has Lamar's Speed for the size and he is also as tall as Lamar
    what was I thinking, DUH !!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else thinking Diaw will be the starting Power Forward, with Johnson as the first big backing up both Bargs and Diaw, and Davis needing to earn his minutes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bodmon wrote: View Post
    Diaw only has one year left on his contract, which only contributes to further long-term financial flexibility. Obviously using part of the TPE diminishes some flexibility now, but it would've expired in a year and I doubt we would be able to use all of it (16 mill) to acquire just one player.
    So using part of the TPE in this scenario is not a bad thing, even if Diaw is not the greatest of players. At least he's serviceable and can play the SF position, which is where there is some lack of depth.
    NO, He has 2 years for 18 million.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote dagon420 wrote: View Post
    Assuming Calderon, Evans, Banks, TPE and/or picks will be used to acquire a potential starting PG).
    That doesn't make sense. You can bundle your borderline NBA starting expensive point guard for little used expensive third stringer PG and little used expensive back up PF in Evans to get a better point guard.

Quote dagon420 wrote: View Post
    with Evans also helping out at the 4,5 and Calderon + TPE traded to Lakers for 1st round pick (Fisher is a gonner).
    Why would we want to ship a valuable piece such a Calderon for the Lakers for their late first rounder?! Calderon is worth much more and they already signed Steve Blake.

In all likelyhood it will be Jarret Jack that would be shipped out because he is cheaper (easily moveable contract) and Calderon had better chemistry with the Young Gunz then he did.

Thread Information