Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Am I missing anyone? that's a 14-player roster
    Joey Dorsey. We got a LOT of bigs.

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On the surface, BC is only using a portion of the $15M Bosh TPE to acquire Diaw who's salary is approx. $9M/per.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    That doesn't make sense. You can bundle your borderline NBA starting expensive point guard for little used expensive third stringer PG and little used expensive back up PF in Evans to get a better point guard.

Why would we want to ship a valuable piece such a Calderon for the Lakers for their late first rounder?! Calderon is worth much more and they already signed Steve Blake.

In all likelyhood it will be Jarret Jack that would be shipped out because he is cheaper (easily moveable contract) and Calderon had better chemistry with the Young Gunz then he did.
    What backsup that Calderon has better chemistry with the so called "young gunz"?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    Boris Diaw ISN'T anything like Lamar Odom... y do u think Charlotte iz giving him away for nothing ?

and hez not even as tall as Lamar !
    I was being sarcastic in response to a post earlier which draw the comparison.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Calderon/Barbosa
    Weems/Derozan
    Kleiza/Diaw
    Bargnani/Davis
    _______/Johnson
    What did you do to Jack... where will we get our daily dose of moping???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tmar wrote: View Post
    Still think we can package Calderon and Marco to Indiana for Granger.
    c'mon people where are you coming up with these dreams?! Toronto should have selected Granger and pass on Joey Graham a few years ago... but this train has long gone. Granger is the man for Bird and he won't trade him.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hedo trade was a good move for both teams (Raps, Suns). Grade: A

I'm in the camp that the Diaw pick up is fairly decent. Again, I'm not sure who's available out there, but I think a lot of people posting hate about Diaw might eat a bit of crow when they see he can play. He'll fit in with our line up a little better than some people think. Grade: B-

Is he the best we can do with our TPE? Well, sure, I think there's room for debate there.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    No but he did recently get Paul George and Lance Stephenson.
    Did you watch Paul George play in Orlando last week? He's going to be a good player in this league. Not an all star, but a solid starter. He missed a lot, but he is a leader the minute he steps on the floor.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

A Little update apparently Jose Calderon and TPE for Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler according to Hoopsworld

Yesterday the Raptors shipped off Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix and got Leandro Barbosa in return and have a deal that's likely to drop today which will return Boris Diaw for Jose Calderon and Tyson CHandler for the trade exception the team obtained from Miami in the Bosh sign-and-trade deal.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0tWoToRlv
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16779
    Last edited by d1m45h; Mon Jul 12th, 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
    What did you do to Jack... where will we get our daily dose of moping???
    I kinda assumed he'd be moved somewhere. But I see now that it's calderon who may be on the move.

And never fear for the lack of moping. I believe there's plenty of that to be found here on the boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    To me the Diaw acquisition is only average. Yes, we're getting a player of value with a short contract that can play defense. On the other hand, I would rather have given more minutes to Kleiza/Weems at the 3. I hope the rest of the TPE doesn't get used before the trade deadline because that's when I think we can get some real deals (see Eric Maynor, Ronnie Brewer).
    The roster is not complete yet; BC is not done yet, expect more moves. Specifically... either one of Jack or Calderon to be gone, and hopefully a Center added.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d1m45h wrote: View Post
    A Little update apparently Jose Calderon and TPE for Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler according to Hoopsworld

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16779
    Overall, I think that the team might not be any less competitive without Turkoglu and Calderon, especially with the addition of Kleiza (if the Nuggets don't match). But this does help the Raptors financial competitiveness.

Chandler's salary is $12.6 million for one year, so this is a big expiring contract, which will become a more valuable trade chip than the TPE. Adding Banks and Evans as expirings, the Raptors would have about $22 million in expiring contracts next year (2011), and Diaw and Barbosa (>$16 million) come of the following year (2012). Overall, if these transactions go through the Raptors would be shedding about $34 million in salary commitments from 2012 and beyond.

This gives the Raptors some trade assets now (expiring contracts), or financial flexibility for the future. The TPE had to be used in the next year, so converting it into longer term benefits looks like a good move to me.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What a deal! We get a defensive stopper in Chandler who is finally healthy. We get rid of our two weakest defenders in Turk and cale.. Diaw's numbers are pretty well identical too turks except he shoots a much higher percentage of .480 compared to turks .410. Chandler one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Pretty tough front line of bargni and chandler provide real shot blocking that Torontos never had. If this is true I'm super happy.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough and bargni? Really?

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With the loss of Raymond Felton to the Knicks, the Bobcats need a PG and Jose should compliment DJ Augustine, who's phycical attributes and style of play are identical to TJ Ford.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto hasn't had anything even close to resembling tough since Oakley and Davis...

That being said, can we say contract year? 4 bpg from Chandler!

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nash mentions Barbosa is gone!

I haven't seen anywhere that the trade is official yet (and I'm sure there's going to be more to it, as everyone keeps saying its "complex") but Nash just wrote on his twitter:

the_real_nash Today's the end of an era. My close friend Leandrinho leaves the Suns making me the last player from 04-07.
    www.twitter.com/the_real_nash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    I don't think you watched any Charlotte Bobcats games last season. When a team is willing to salary dump someone that tells you something...This is the same team that just spent 40 million on Tyrus Thomas.

Also he can't guard 5's ok? Just cuz Mike "Who cares about defense" D'Antoni played him there for a few games doesn't mean shit...
    I didn't watch Bobcats games but I've watched many Suns games and a player doesn't change over night but the system may not fit him. Do you remember a guy named Hedo Turkoglu?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hedo was a bad act right from the start!!

Hedo was a bad actor right from the get go!
    First he shows up tired, worn out, lazy.
    I cant work out with the team for a two weeks, then two more weeks getting in shape, then a month learning the new system,
    then someone got hurt so the starting five didnt get it going till
    January. At that time they went on a tear winning till, injuries hit
    they were in 4, 5 place in the East. Remember!
    Bosh gets hurt, Hedo gives up trying starts whining, complaining behind the scenes, causing friction in the locker room big time.
    THE HEDO CANCER IS GONE, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BC is cleaver

All in all I'm happy, it rids the raptors of, arguably, their two worst defenders and turk was a black hole on offense, if he had the ball he'd jack a fade away 3 or long 2.

Barbosa, Diaw and Chandler are 27, 28, 27 respectively so they are all going into their primes. Chandler could be a great fit with Bargs because He is a presence in the paint( on D), Barbosa is, at the very least, a 15ppg off the bench, Diaw has gotta play 3 but he is a decent defender and understands the game.

here is what no one is talking about, the raptors basically got three expiring deals for turk and Jose. Chandler expires this year and Diaw and Barbosa expire after 2011-12 but there could very well be a lockout thus every player could lose a year off their contract. And irregardless of a lockout or not after the upcoming season the CBA will change how teams sign players and the raptors will be the first ones with an assload of cap space whether it is after the 2011-12 or if that season gets locked out(which hope to GOD it doesn't)

BC is a cleaver man

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information