Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0tTRuGVg8

Yes!! we might get Chandler back too ?!! sweet great rebounder and defender i hope its true
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Update from Doug Smith - LINK

In a complex transaction thatís still not finalized, the Raptors are shipping out Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon and one other piece not yet confirmed and getting back Leandro Barbosa of the Phoenix Suns, Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler from the Charlotte Bobcats.

League sources could not confirm the final pieces Monday morning but the Raptors will not have to touch the $14.5 million trade exception acquired last week in the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade transaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turkoglu, Calderon, Barbosa, Diaw, Chandler All In One Deal

As per Doug:

In a complex transaction that’s still not finalized, the Raptors are shipping out Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon and one other piece not yet confirmed and getting back Leandro Barbosa of the Phoenix Suns, Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler from the Charlotte Bobcats.

League sources could not confirm the final pieces Monday morning but the Raptors will not have to touch the $14.5 million trade exception acquired last week in the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade transaction.

Colangelo originally drafted Barbosa with the Suns and has long been a fan of Diaw, a multi-purpose forward who can play a couple of positions. Chandler, who is in the last year of his contract, gives the Raptors another long athletic big man.

Turkoglu is destined for Phoenix, Calderon is headed to Charlotte and the league sources were unsure who the third piece leaving Toronto is and where he’s going.

The financial gains are significant.

Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his current contract; Diaw has two years and $18 million remaining and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million this coming season.

Turkoglu still had four years and about $40 million left on his deal and Calderon has three years and almost $30 million left to go.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...-and-jose.html

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Third piece: Belli?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is true (I have about as much faith in Smith as I do Triano), then I'd guess that this mystery piece is Evans. I am optimistic that we will get to keep the exception, but that speaks more to the abilities of Colangelo and his calculator of an assistant.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If they're not using their TPE on this trade to get Chandler and Diaw the only filers i can see being used that would even out the salaries is giving up Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    Third piece: Belli?
    Yeah he looks like the odd man out. It better not be Weems.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuck yes !!!! I hope its belli and Weems although to get rid of Jose's contract we have to give up something so u never know !!
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If BC can do this deal that is friggin awesome. We are basically replacing CB's offense and defense with a couple of other pieces. Plus, Turk was a black hole on off and def last year, so anything is an upgrade.

Now we just gotta go for Raja Bell!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I' m ver intrigued, to say the least. If they don't use the trade exception then obviously there are more players involved. I'm going to reserved judgement until I know all the details. I really hope it's not Belinelli. The Raptors are going to need his outside shooting and ability to run an offense more than ever. Plus I'd simply hate to lose his potential and overall game.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me, but I'm unsure how the numbers add up.

Salary Cap: $58.04 million

Committed: $71.2 million (Approximate)

Barganani 8
    Johnson 5.5
    Kleiza 4.5
    DeRozan 2.5
    Davis 1.5
    Alabi 1
    Dorsey 1

Diaw 9
    Barbosa 7.1
    Jack 4.9
    Belenelli 2.4
    Evans 5.1
    Banks 4.75
    Chandler 13.1

Perhaps I'm completely missing something, but we would have to deal our expiring contracts right away ($22 million in Evans, Banks and Chandler) to make this work.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Evans/Banks for Chandler?

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope its evans and banks or POB

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we traded away Weems for these players I would be livid. Expirings. That's what's gotta go. Nothing from the core. Ideally Reggie. That would be nice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I like BC and this is a great move. He aint perfect and when he does make a mistake or sees problems he takes action - see Fred jOnes, or even Rafael Arujo (inherited) ....He aint scared.

p.s. All this action from BC without touching the $14.5 million trade exception from BOSH...
    I can say he's among the best in the league and best GM we've had in TORONTO. THE END

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    If we traded away Weems for these players I would be livid. Expirings. That's what's gotta go. Nothing from the core. Ideally Reggie. That would be nice.
    I agree. Weems is going to be huge this year. Get Bellinelli out of my sight.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    100% agreed. Weems, DD, Bargs, and Davis are the only players I think the raps HAVE to keep, for various reasons... maybe we can insta-dump the terribad Amir deal :P

Post Thanks / Like

According to this and my twitter feed a lot more people are saying Reggie Evans
    http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ot-rebuilding/
    Obviously not the best site but more and more twitter posts about Reggie so Im guessing someone leaked a bit of info out there.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Priest wrote: View Post
    According to this and my twitter feed a lot more people are saying Reggie Evans
    http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ot-rebuilding/
    Obviously not the best site but more and more twitter posts about Reggie so Im guessing someone leaked a bit of info out there.
    Makes sense.
    Losing Belli was probably wishful thinking on my part. Given the presence of Chandler and the rookies, we have no use for Evans.

... but my fingers are crossed for more deals yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Updated salary comparison pre/post trade, assuming Evans is also included, so it becomes Turkoglu/Calderon/Evans – Barbosa/Chandler/Diaw (all figures from Hoopsworld):

2010-2011 – Raptors salary increases by $4,820,000
    2011-2012 – Raptors save $3,780,000
    2012-2013 – Raptors save $21,960,000
    2013-2014 – Raptors save $12,000,000

Over the next 4 seasons, this trade saves the Raptors $32,920,000 (with approx $17M expiring at the end of this season - Chandler/Banks)

* Doing this 3-way trade on ESPN Trade Machine, it looks like the Raptors would need to add just under $400,000 of their TPE to make it work (Phoenix will need to add just under $600,000 of their TPE)

I love this trade from a salary perspective, but view it as a temporary solution personnel-wise, which I am fine with. My only concern is that the Raps would be left with 4 SGs (DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa/Belinelli) and just 1 legit PG (Jack), unless they plan to use Barbosa as the backup PG... more deals in the works??
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jul 12th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information