Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Oh, Oh, Fox Sports Disses Amir Johnson

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    What is there to debate?
    Whether or not it was a fair statement on Fox Sports behalf. Not many people know who Amir Johnson is.. He hasn't yet proven himself in the NBA, and is this or is this not going to come back and bite Toronto for signing a contract just based on potential.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Whether or not it was a fair statement on Fox Sports behalf. Not many people know who Amir Johnson is.. He hasn't yet proven himself in the NBA, and is this or is this not going to come back and bite Toronto for signing a contract just based on potential.
    Ok, well my point is that articles like this are pointless and corrosive to the validity of the Raps franchise. I am tired of media outlets constantly scrutinizing our team. Barkley says this, Fox says that, what good do these articles do? I like to focuse on positive things and could care less about nay sayers. This is Raptor Republic, we all know who Amir is, so why are we so worried about what fox news' opinion is?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Ok, well my point is that articles like this are pointless and corrosive to the validity of the Raps franchise. I am tired of media outlets constantly scrutinizing our team. Barkley says this, Fox says that, what good do these articles do? I like to focuse on positive things and could care less about nay sayers. This is Raptor Republic, we all know who Amir is, so why are we so worried about what fox news' opinion is?
    Let me get this straight, you are saying that you basically do not want any media coverage for Toronto Raptors. You do not want to hear any expert's opinion or analysis of the team's performance. All you like to hear is a Cheer leading news from media raving about how Great T.O. is and how much Potential it has and ...

    I guess that is one way to go about it.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some people here have enough trouble keeping the Raptors in perspective - if we disregard all of the outside criticism it's just going to get crazier.

    And if you like focusing on the positive, you can always make an argument against any negative articles that get posted here. This is a place to discuss all things Raptors - the good, the bad and the ugly.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Let me get this straight, you are saying that you basically do not want any media coverage for Toronto Raptors. You do not want to hear any expert's opinion or analysis of the team's performance. All you like to hear is a Cheer leading news from media raving about how Great T.O. is and how much Potential it has and ...

    I guess that is one way to go about it.
    I don't remember hearing about anybody ever praising the Raps. In fact, the complete opposite why do you think Toronto is viewed as a joke and we have never signed an all star free agent? Its because of negative media bias' that portray Toronto as a small bball hub in "Kanada." If we ever got a inkling of positive media attention from the "experts", then maybe we could sway better players to come up. Mess is right in that you are allowed to express the good, bad and ugly, but for this topic about why we signed Amir to such a big contract. Its because we literally can't sign anybody, so we have to overpay anybody who is decent and considering it. The fact that nobody understands this shows that we have already lost perspective. We aren't an NBA destination city, and I stand by my point that we on Rap republic need to cut out negativity when talking about our team.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I don't remember hearing about anybody ever praising the Raps. In fact, the complete opposite why do you think Toronto is viewed as a joke and we have never signed an all star free agent? Its because of negative media bias' that portray Toronto as a small bball hub in "Kanada." If we ever got a inkling of positive media attention from the "experts", then maybe we could sway better players to come up. Mess is right in that you are allowed to express the good, bad and ugly, but for this topic about why we signed Amir to such a big contract. Its because we literally can't sign anybody, so we have to overpay anybody who is decent and considering it. The fact that nobody understands this shows that we have already lost perspective. We aren't an NBA destination city, and I stand by my point that we on Rap republic need to cut out negativity when talking about our team.
    Except if it's on Bargnani, right? Oh my gosh don't get me started on Bargnani... Hehe
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I Its because we literally can't sign anybody, so we have to overpay anybody who is decent and considering it.
    This is bad reason to over pay because if you over paying like this, you better be sure you are not planing to trade these guys since no one will take over those contracts.

  8. #28
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir's contract isn't huge even if it's more than most expected. He can be *gasp* moved.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Amir's contract isn't huge even if it's more than most expected. He can be *gasp* moved.

    Al Harrington signed with the Nuggets at the same number and years as Amir Johnson $34M/5yr.

  10. #30
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Al Harrington is a career 18 and 6. What's your point?

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And 30 yrs old.

  12. #32
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nothing wrong with 30.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree. I'm not even sure what my point was. I thought Raptors4ever was saying we overpaid for Amir or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •