Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d1m45h wrote:
    Indiana, New Orleans, and Minnesota maybe be involved in a deal
    A separate deal, or one related to the topic? And where is your source for this information?

Comment

d1m45h wrote:
      I said "Maybe" so I wouldn't call it a source and yes it would involve Charlotte, Toronto, and any 3 of the teams
      Ok, apparently I've asked the question incorrectly.
      Why, specifically, do you believe those three teams "maybe" involved?
      Have you seen an article suggesting that is the case, or did you just pick those three teams out of a hat?

Comment

That was more of a speculation than a source. Well apparently Charlotte have intrest in TJ Ford, New Orleans are looking for TPE to save some money and get rid of long term contracts, and Minnisota may have interest in a starting PG.
        Last edited by d1m45h; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Star says it is done

The Star reports that the deal for Diaw and Chandler is done. Jose and Evans are still Raptors while the Hedo and Barbosa deal is moving along on its own.

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
            The Star reports that the deal for Diaw and Chandler is done. Jose and Evans are still Raptors while the Hedo and Barbosa deal is moving along on its own.
            Charlotte deal off, Jose still a Raptor (for now)

By Doug Smith
            18 minutes ago

A deal that would have sent Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans to Charlotte is dead, sources say, but the trade to send Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix will go ahead.

http://www.thestar.com/sports
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Awesome! I really didn't want a flaky Diaw and bandaid Chandler in Toronto anyways. We have Bargs, Amir, Dorsey, Ed, Al and I guess Reg (till he gets dealt), why the hell do we want these two anyways? Start replenishing the 1-2 positions please.

Comment

I am still super-happy with Hedon't departure, I don't even want to think about MJ being an asshole. I am pretty sure there is interest for Jose&Reggie, sooner or later. If Hedo contract could be moved, any contract can be moved.

Comment

I'm not sure this makes a huge difference but:

michaelgrange

The unmentioned deal wrecker in TO-Char? Larry Brown. Sources say Brown was NOT happy about losing Chandler.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I still think Calderon swap for Diaw is possible

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                      Awesome! I really didn't want a flaky Diaw and bandaid Chandler in Toronto anyways. We have Bargs, Amir, Dorsey, Ed, Al and I guess Reg (till he gets dealt), why the hell do we want these two anyways? Start replenishing the 1-2 positions please.
                      Chandler would be the defensive kneed C we've all been looking for the past 15 seasons... None of our guys you mentioned is a C aside from Alabi, and for all we know he could be the next Garth Joseph.

Comment

d1m45h wrote: View Post
                        I still think Calderon swap for Diaw is possible
                        Why would you want Diaw for Calderon? With the current Raptors team, we don't need Diaw; Diaw was supposed to be the bad contract to take over in order to have Chandler. Without Chandler, BC can get a better offer for Calderon to address what Raptors needs as we have already quite a jam-log at 4 ( which is natural position for Diaw).

Comment

This is exactly how the Republic is feeling right now:

RR OG

Comment

Although I haven't read any rumours about BC going after Collison w/ Okafor for anyone, it does seem more plausible now. BC will essentially be forced to move Calderon now because the cat is out of the bag. As others have stated, NO wants to shed some cap-space and move along one of their bad contracts (Okafor), with either of our expirings (Evans or Banks) we can help relieve some cap space for them and give them a solid back-up to CP3.

Comment

...Ugh, now what... That trade would have been a massive gain. They weren't even going to have to use the TPE. This bad luck reminds me of when John Salmons backed out of a verbal commitment with the Raptors. Everyone was so excited about Salmons coming here only to get the rug pulled out from under us.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Brown had talked Jordan out of this. As I said earlier this would have a really stupid trade for Charlotte to make. BC almost pulled this off. Give him an "A" for effort.

Now Raptors fans can hate on Larry Brown when the Bobcats come to the ACC.

Will they boo or not boo?
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X