Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Chandler is included, it makes Bargnani that much easier to trade to Minnesota for Ricky RUbio.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that there will be a horse's head left in MJ's bed overnight. He will retract these second thoughts.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Man i would forever hate MJ as an owner if he backed out of this trade we really need a player like Chandler in the middle!

Post Thanks / Like

Merged.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    My guess is that there will be a horse's head left in MJ's bed overnight. He will retract these second thoughts.
    no man, Colangelo will at first send some of his associates to just talk to Jordan, possibly catching him during his lunch break while playing golf.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fact is that Jordan would have to be really basketball stupid to make this trade as it is presently constructed and I mean really basketball stupid.

The only way to balance this trade is to replace Evans with Johnson. Then the trade would make sense for the Bobcats

Calderon and Johnson

For

Chandler and Diaw
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Fact is that Jordan would have to be really basketball stupid to make this trade as it is presently constructed and I mean really basketball stupid.
    well, if there's one thing we know about MJ as a front-office guy...

i'd be surprised if he backed out, simply because other GMs would be leery of dealing with him in the future; these 'agreed-upon-in-principle' deals almost always go through, even if/when one (or both) parties have second thoughts, because backing out is considered a total punk move - especially when all the players have already been informed that they've been traded.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The only way to balance this trade is to replace Evans with Johnson. Then the trade would make sense for the Bobcats

Calderon and Johnson

For

Chandler and Diaw
    except that johnson can't be dealt until dec. 15th. and even when he can be dealt, he'd be a BYC guy, wouldn't he? meaning his outgoing trade value would be half of his actual salary; as such, the #'s may not work (i can't be bothered to check, since they can't deal him anyway).
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Rookie pinkoglu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that's just fine..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Throw in Miami's first rounder on the condition we make the playoffs. And tell Jordan to have fun making deals in the future since you've just bad-mouthed him to every GM and owner in Vegas.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never liked jordan but this takes the cake. Buddahfan, Jordan is already basketball exec stupid for agreeing to the deal and telling the players they are traded.

Jordan calls his girlfriend and tells her he is ging to see other people and thanks her for the great times but it's over. Then he hears his friends all saying how this is a great move for the other guy... Oh wait. Maybe I don't want to break up. I mean really didn't we have a good thing going? I really like you and all...

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never liked him either, and if this trade doesn't go through or if they steal someone else from us, I vow never to buy a pair of J's again!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BC should stand his ground and not give in. This is a ploy for Jordan to get a little more. If so, he can have Bellinelli as well since they're deprived of scoring. Weems will be a target. Upon looking at their rosters, they really have no one in the middle except Mohammed. However, this deal addresses both teams' needs. Charlotte was awful last year on offence and turn-overs. Brown is a system guy and feels that Calderon is a system PG. They have to rid themselves of Diaw and a straight swap of Diaw for Calderon is a no-no. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If MJ insists on this, he should walk away. Getting rid of Diaw is just as important to them adding Jose. No additional draft picks coming from us. Throw in Belli for good measure.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't tell the players they're being traded, have them email the Associated press telling them they've been traded, and then decide "Oh wait a minute, so-and-so blog thinks this is a bad move. Maybe I should get more?" - if Jordan does somehow get more out of this trade, I think it's safe to say many GMs will be weary to enter trade talks with him.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    BC should stand his ground and not give in. This is a ploy for Jordan to get a little more. If so, he can have Bellinelli as well since they're deprived of scoring. Weems will be a target. Upon looking at their rosters, they really have no one in the middle except Mohammed. However, this deal addresses both teams' needs. Charlotte was awful last year on offence and turn-overs. Brown is a system guy and feels that Calderon is a system PG. They have to rid themselves of Diaw and a straight swap of Diaw for Calderon is a no-no. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If MJ insists on this, he should walk away. Getting rid of Diaw is just as important to them adding Jose. No additional draft picks coming from us. Throw in Belli for good measure.
    Agreed. Nothing more should be offered by the Raps. I would hesitate even to include Belli. I could throw in a 2nd rounder maybe, but that's as high as I'd go.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he got a better offer for Chandler. BC should get him a box of cubans to grease the deal.

Bottom line if the deal was agreed to in principle and I understand its just awaiting league approval that would be a bad business move for MJ trying to hide behind the legalities of non-signature. Thats as bad as Hedo stiffing the Blazers last year!!

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Maybe he got a better offer for Chandler. BC should get him a box of cubans to grease the deal.
    I just had an image of BC giving Jordan a box full of small action figures of Mark Cuban. Jordan opens the box..."what the...?"

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Put me in the camp of guys who are fine with the Raps trading Calderon, but I'm not sure we're getting the best value with Chandler coming back. Everyone keeps baggin' on Jose's defense, but he brings a lot of other intangibles that aren't so easily found at the position: great shooting, unselfish play; very coachable; great court vision; very low turnovers; and a go-to guy at the free throw line.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So Toronto sweetens the pot with something. I still like the chances.
    Are you kidding, why would WE sweeten the pot? This is Jordan trying to exercise his G.M. power for the first time in his life, we don't need Tyson. Don't get me wrong, I think he would be a great addition, but nothing worth fretting over. BC should counter Jordan and tell him he won't send Calderon, that will get his attention, especially since Felton just signed with the knicks.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No picks or any of our young players (K maybe Belli). If Jordon wants to Back out so be it, We still get to trade Turk for Barbosa and BC can always find another taker for Jose or Jack.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Thread Information