Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Are you kidding, why would WE sweeten the pot? This is Jordan trying to exercise his G.M. power for the first time in his life, we don't need Tyson. Don't get me wrong, I think he would be a great addition, but nothing worth fretting over. BC should counter Jordan and tell him he won't send Calderon, that will get his attention, especially since Felton just signed with the knicks.
    BC should play hard "BALL". MJ, are you listening? "BALL".

Raptors Republic Rookie Rap Challenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not tell MJ to pound salt? Pick up the phone and make a run at Okafor and Collison?
    Now there's a long term play that takes some bigger stones...
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If MJ plays hard ball, BC should just walk away.
    What kind of moron will tell the players that they are traded and than change his mind.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moron;

Micheal Jordan = MORON

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlotte end of Raptors deal dead

The part of a complex Raptors deal that would have sent Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans to Charlotte is dead, killed by Bobcats owner Michael Jordan according to league sources.
    The teams had signed off on the transaction that would have shipped Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler to Toronto early Monday afternoon – with Chandler being he was to become a Raptor – before it died later in the day

The other part of the transaction – Hedo Turkoglu from Toronto to Phoenix for Leandro Barbosa – is still a go and could be finished as early as today.

The nixing of the Charlotte part of the multi-team transaction is a sorry saga. The highly-respected Marc Spears of yahoo.com first reported Monday afternoon that the Chandler told him he’d been traded. Evans has also publicly said his goodbyes to Raptors fans through his twitter account before yahoo.com reported overnight that trade was in peril.

What it means in the long run remains to be seen; Toronto officials are in Las Vegas and offered no comment.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...d-for-now.html

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting rid of Turkoglu for Barbosa is still a good move in the long term but there is a real glut at 1 and 2... JJ/Calderon/Barbosa/Banks/DD/Weems.

Get ready for some more action from Colangelo...

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MJ sucks.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Are you kidding, why would WE sweeten the pot? This is Jordan trying to exercise his G.M. power for the first time in his life, we don't need Tyson. Don't get me wrong, I think he would be a great addition, but nothing worth fretting over. BC should counter Jordan and tell him he won't send Calderon, that will get his attention, especially since Felton just signed with the knicks.
    If I'm BC, I will play hard ball with MJ on the trade saying the most we can give him is Belinelli. This guy is so unprofessional for what he did and I can see other GMs hesitate to trade with him or have a plan B if they are going to anyway. If I am BC, I would package the 2 TPEs($14.5+2.7m) and some expiring contracts to NOH for Collison, Posey and Okafor(and yes, NOH still needs cap space as they are trying to sell the team to another owner due to profit issues and no owner will buy that team as it is now until they have some much needed cap space and assets like expiring contracts) as a plan B, and call MJ's bluff that the Diaw-Calderon trade will not work until we get Tyson Chandler, no draft picks and no TPE also hardball. Back out of the trade BC and see if you can get a much needed trade from NOH if we are not getting Tyson Chandler from the trade without offering draft picks, TPE or good prospects like Sonny Weems or Demar Derozan. Not every trade has to be successful especially with unprofessional types like MJ in the league.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Getting rid of Turkoglu for Barbosa is still a good move in the long term but there is a real glut at 1 and 2... JJ/Calderon/Barbosa/Banks/DD/Weems.

Get ready for some more action from Colangelo...
    Barbosa is NOT really a Two. Yes, he did play as a TWO but if you read Suns Blogs or ...
    you find out that he was being out matched and did not really suited well for that position.

So we basically have 27 million dollar in PG Salary now so BC has to do more work and move some of these guys.

My guess is that it will be Jack and Banks since one has a reasonable contract and the other has a expiring contract.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

ekoreen reports:
    I am told that by a source familiar with the trade that the deal looks dead, but says not to write the eulogy just yet. Update coming.
    http://twitter.com/ekoreen/status/18447350338

I guess Doug Smith should change his sources lol...
    Last edited by d1m45h; Tue Jul 13th, 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d1m45h wrote: View Post
    ekoreen reports:
    I am told that by a source familiar with the trade that the deal looks dead, but says not to write the eulogy just yet. Update coming.

I guess Doug Smith should change his sources lol...
    Do u have a link?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh Michael Jordan can go fu......... Draft Kwame Brown

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they have to deal Jose and Evans now either way. Make a play for Granger, Indiana needs a PG.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rev20002 wrote: View Post
    I think they have to deal Jose and Evans now either way. Make a play for Granger, Indiana needs a PG.
    Are you serious ? Do you really believe the words that are coming out of your mouth ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d1m45h wrote: View Post
    Indiana, New Orleans, and Minnesota maybe be involved in a deal
    Source Please .

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Source Please .
    What are your sources?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sources: Jordan holding up Raptors trade

The sudden reluctance of Charlotte owner Michael Jordan has thrust the proposed Toronto-Charlotte trade into jeopardy, multiple league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday night.

“Right now, Michael is having second thoughts,” a source with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Bobcats had agreed to trade center Tyson Chandler(notes) and forward Boris Diaw(notes) to the Raptors for guard Jose Calderon(notes) and forward Reggie Evans(notes). Players had been contacted earlier in the day and told they were traded. Yet now, everyone has been put into a holding pattern. Jordan, sources said, has been hesitant to trade Chandler.

The trade isn’t dead, the sources said, but the two sides will talk again on Tuesday morning and the Raptors will try to push the deal through to completion. Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo is anxious to complete the trade.

Toronto is only sure it has an agreement to complete a separate trade to send Hedo Turkoglu(notes) to the Phoenix Suns for Leandro Barbosa(notes).
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...orstrade071210

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...bobcats-trade/

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unbelievable!!!

Micheal Jordan...
    Anyway...I here update might be coming,something in the works,other trade...is this correct???

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Jordan = Indian giver

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information