Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never liked jordan but this takes the cake. Buddahfan, Jordan is already basketball exec stupid for agreeing to the deal and telling the players they are traded.

Jordan calls his girlfriend and tells her he is ging to see other people and thanks her for the great times but it's over. Then he hears his friends all saying how this is a great move for the other guy... Oh wait. Maybe I don't want to break up. I mean really didn't we have a good thing going? I really like you and all...

Comment

I've never liked him either, and if this trade doesn't go through or if they steal someone else from us, I vow never to buy a pair of J's again!

Comment

BC should stand his ground and not give in. This is a ploy for Jordan to get a little more. If so, he can have Bellinelli as well since they're deprived of scoring. Weems will be a target. Upon looking at their rosters, they really have no one in the middle except Mohammed. However, this deal addresses both teams' needs. Charlotte was awful last year on offence and turn-overs. Brown is a system guy and feels that Calderon is a system PG. They have to rid themselves of Diaw and a straight swap of Diaw for Calderon is a no-no. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If MJ insists on this, he should walk away. Getting rid of Diaw is just as important to them adding Jose. No additional draft picks coming from us. Throw in Belli for good measure.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

You can't tell the players they're being traded, have them email the Associated press telling them they've been traded, and then decide "Oh wait a minute, so-and-so blog thinks this is a bad move. Maybe I should get more?" - if Jordan does somehow get more out of this trade, I think it's safe to say many GMs will be weary to enter trade talks with him.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            BC should stand his ground and not give in. This is a ploy for Jordan to get a little more. If so, he can have Bellinelli as well since they're deprived of scoring. Weems will be a target. Upon looking at their rosters, they really have no one in the middle except Mohammed. However, this deal addresses both teams' needs. Charlotte was awful last year on offence and turn-overs. Brown is a system guy and feels that Calderon is a system PG. They have to rid themselves of Diaw and a straight swap of Diaw for Calderon is a no-no. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If MJ insists on this, he should walk away. Getting rid of Diaw is just as important to them adding Jose. No additional draft picks coming from us. Throw in Belli for good measure.
            Agreed. Nothing more should be offered by the Raps. I would hesitate even to include Belli. I could throw in a 2nd rounder maybe, but that's as high as I'd go.

Comment

Maybe he got a better offer for Chandler. BC should get him a box of cubans to grease the deal.

Bottom line if the deal was agreed to in principle and I understand its just awaiting league approval that would be a bad business move for MJ trying to hide behind the legalities of non-signature. Thats as bad as Hedo stiffing the Blazers last year!!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Maybe he got a better offer for Chandler. BC should get him a box of cubans to grease the deal.
                I just had an image of BC giving Jordan a box full of small action figures of Mark Cuban. Jordan opens the box..."what the...?"

Comment

Put me in the camp of guys who are fine with the Raps trading Calderon, but I'm not sure we're getting the best value with Chandler coming back. Everyone keeps baggin' on Jose's defense, but he brings a lot of other intangibles that aren't so easily found at the position: great shooting, unselfish play; very coachable; great court vision; very low turnovers; and a go-to guy at the free throw line.
                  "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                  ~Rorschach

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    So Toronto sweetens the pot with something. I still like the chances.
                    Are you kidding, why would WE sweeten the pot? This is Jordan trying to exercise his G.M. power for the first time in his life, we don't need Tyson. Don't get me wrong, I think he would be a great addition, but nothing worth fretting over. BC should counter Jordan and tell him he won't send Calderon, that will get his attention, especially since Felton just signed with the knicks.

Comment

No picks or any of our young players (K maybe Belli). If Jordon wants to Back out so be it, We still get to trade Turk for Barbosa and BC can always find another taker for Jose or Jack.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                        Are you kidding, why would WE sweeten the pot? This is Jordan trying to exercise his G.M. power for the first time in his life, we don't need Tyson. Don't get me wrong, I think he would be a great addition, but nothing worth fretting over. BC should counter Jordan and tell him he won't send Calderon, that will get his attention, especially since Felton just signed with the knicks.
                        BC should play hard "BALL". MJ, are you listening? "BALL".
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Why not tell MJ to pound salt? Pick up the phone and make a run at Okafor and Collison?
                          Now there's a long term play that takes some bigger stones...
                          "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                          ~Rorschach

Comment

If MJ plays hard ball, BC should just walk away.
                            What kind of moron will tell the players that they are traded and than change his mind.

Comment

Moron;

Micheal Jordan = MORON
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dead.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...d-for-now.html
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X