Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chandler a goner, sent to the Mavericks. http://nbaprimetime.com/charlotte-bo...avericks/2857/

Comment

i have mj now. what an idiot

Comment

It is perplexing that Colangelo would trade Jose Calderon. Calderon is one of the better point guards in the NBA. He doesn't turn the ball over, he takes good shots. They do, however, need to get better defensively and he is not a great defender, but how many good point guards are? With the exception of Rajon Rondo, there aren't too many (I believe Chris Paul is overrated defensively). Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Tony Parker are not considered elite defenders, but are recognized as some of the better floor generals in the league. Moreover, you have now alienated a very good player and will probably have to move the guard later in the season...

Comment

reebokforthree wrote: View Post
          Chandler a goner, sent to the Mavericks. http://nbaprimetime.com/charlotte-bo...avericks/2857/
          That's a damn shame if it's true... They still didn't get the PG they're looking for though.

Comment

WOW this is like karma from when turk backed away from Portland and signed with us what a joke CHA excuse was they thought chandler was too valuable (lol) but they turn around and trade him for 2 scrubs (najera carroll) and an old fuck with 14 million left on his contract (damp) calderon could have made Charlotte much better than any of these three players combined.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
              I just had an image of BC giving Jordan a box full of small action figures of Mark Cuban. Jordan opens the box..."what the...?"
              hahaha you guys must have ESP coz they traded chandler to Dallas instead! hahahaha

Comment

Damp's contract isn't guaranteed - meaning they can waive him and save $13M. Of course now the Bobcats have one PG in his 2nd year and Nazr Mohammed as their starting center with DeSagana Diop backing him up.

At least that's one less team competing for the playoffs in the East.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  That's a damn shame if it's true... They still didn't get the PG they're looking for though.
                  They did get Erick Dampier's unguaranteed contract, but I personally think the deal for Calderon was better, especially since they need a good PG desperately. Of course if Brown was weary of losing Chandler's defensive presence, then what sense would it make to waive Dampier?
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It looks like is not Larry Brown, apparently Mark Cuban steals the thunder and deals Dampier+Caroll+Najera for Chandler+Ajinca:

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...andler_ajinca/

Comment

• From_the_605 wrote: View Post
                      It is perplexing that Colangelo would trade Jose Calderon. Calderon is one of the better point guards in the NBA. He doesn't turn the ball over, he takes good shots. They do, however, need to get better defensively and he is not a great defender, but how many good point guards are? With the exception of Rajon Rondo, there aren't too many (I believe Chris Paul is overrated defensively). Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Tony Parker are not considered elite defenders, but are recognized as some of the better floor generals in the league. Moreover, you have now alienated a very good player and will probably have to move the guard later in the season...
                      i think if all you do is bring down the ball to a half-court set and pass it on to Chris Bosh, youd have less turnovers too. Hell, the Raptors couldve gotten me to do this and id take a 100k a year salary. the best PGs in the league commit turnovers, because they take risks. Calderon is a safe player. And now that Bosh is gone, he will not be able to co-exist with Bargs because Bargs is not a back to the basket player. Jack's game compliments Bargs, dribble penetration and pick and roll.

Comment

• What about replacing Chandler with Dampier and keeping the same trade?

To Phoenix: Turkoglu
                        To Toronto: Barbosa, Diaw, Dampier
                        To Charlotte: Calderon, Evans, Jones

Dampier and Chandler have the same salary (or very close). Toronto could waive Dampier and have that extra $13 million immediately.

Comment

• ok stop suggesting trade possibilities chandler is gone and ur making it feel worse than it already is

Comment

• Who knows what MJ is thinking, but Tas tossed out an interesting idea 15 min ago.

TasMelas

Would Colangelo be bold enough to trade Calderon for an expiring Damp? RT @WojYahooNBA: The Bobcats are "very likely" to waive Dampier...
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• rapsfan wrote: View Post
                              ok stop suggesting trade possibilities chandler is gone and ur making it feel worse than it already is
                              The trade was not just about Chandler, but also about team balance (Calderon/PG for Diaw/PF/SF), and as always, about money. Dampier is actually better for the Raptors from a financial perspective.

Comment

• That was as close to a deal as you can get.. BC and other GMs in the league should be hesitant about dealing with CHA because how do you know youve truly got an acceptance of a trade knowing they might back out in the last minute. All in all, I think if PHO backed out of their trade for Turk I'd be a lot more choked right now as it is we have
                                barbosa,
                                jack,
                                calderon,
                                banks,
                                belinelli (spot minutes) who all play pg so someone has to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X