Clear All

• Yankee Owner George Steinbrenner Dead At 80

Yankee Owner George Steinbrenner Dead at 80
    "The Boss" suffered a massive heart attack and died Tuesday morning
    By RONALD BLUM
    Updated 11:53 AM EDT, Tue, Jul 13, 2010
    cont

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sport...-98314429.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

RIP to The Boss. As much as I hate the Yankees it's more out of jealousy. He was on of the best ever pro sports team owners.

Comment

I have to disagree, RIP.. Although I have to speak ill of the dead here, I'm not saying any of this out of jealousy.. I just think it's kinda ridiculous to say he was one of the best pro sports owners ever. I skimmed through the article, but I don't think any talent was involved in turning the Yankees around, just a whole lot of money.

He was rich, the only good thing about him. It doesn't take a genius to pick up all the top free agents when every guy you're offering a $100m contract. Kudos to him for being able to do that.

Anddd I do agree that Jay-Z made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X