Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. How Many More Times Are The Raptors Going To Get Burned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. How Many More Times Are The Raptors Going To Get Burned?

- battling for last playoff spot franchise player goes down
    - Last season's prized acquisition declares he wants out
    - Franchise player leaves, says deals has been in the works for months
    - Promised deal falls through the cracks and player involved who can help the raptors the most gets traded to another team instead

WOW.

How many more times are we going to get burned?

Im seriously thinking now that this franchise is cursed.

Comment

Clippers of the East? I certainly hope not. I'm sure BC has a few rabbits left in his hat. Chandler wouldve been great man...

Comment

Lets just hope this doesn't turn into the John Salmons situation where we lose one guy and replace him with Freddy Jones.

Comment

Let's not get all fatalistic about this. Jordan got a better offer last minute and went with it. It's certainly no worse than we did to Portland to GET our "prized acquisition" in the first place.

I think it's a bit early to compare us to the Clippers.... and if ANY team are the Clippers of the East, it's the Grizzlies.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
            Let's not get all fatalistic about this. Jordan got a better offer last minute and went with it. It's certainly no worse than we did to Portland to GET our "prized acquisition" in the first place.

I think it's a bit early to compare us to the Clippers.... and if ANY team are the Clippers of the East, it's the Grizzlies.
            i guess youre right, we did burn Portland for Hedo, but we got double burned coz Hedo raped us then left us.

Oh, and the Grizzlies are in the west. So that means we are the Clippers of the East. Yikes.

Comment

This turn up very ugly. Raps end up trading a forward, which they need,
              for a guard which they do not need.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                This turn up very ugly. Raps end up trading a forward, which they need,
                for a guard which they do not need.
                Ya, this is the way I feel about that trade.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

we also dont need a used reebok but i would have traded turk for that too its not just about positional need its about not paying turk over 10 million when hes 34

Comment

What about Cleveland

Comment

jordan didnt screw the raptors, he just did what was better for the team. freeing up substantial cap space as well as recieving some servicable players lets face it, is a better deal then calderone and reggie evans straight up for diaw and chandler.
                      im just happy the turk deal is going through and BC can start exploring some other options

Comment

Didnt Charlotte pretty much give away the last game of the season to the Bulls, which if they lost the Raptors would have had an appearance at least. and afterwards didnt MJ go in the Bulls locker room to congratulate them on making the playoffs? Im not saying MJ has something against the Raptors but damn thats twice he screwed us...

Comment

jordan snaked out the raptors
                          ya dun noe

Comment

lol I think MJ is still pissed off about losing that one game to the raptors during the '95/'96 season.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                              jordan didnt screw the raptors, he just did what was better for the team. freeing up substantial cap space as well as recieving some servicable players lets face it, is a better deal then calderone and reggie evans straight up for diaw and chandler.
                              im just happy the turk deal is going through and BC can start exploring some other options
                              You may want to read this....
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As for the Bobcats, this is a puzzling move to say the least. While Charlotte can immediately cut Dampier and save some $13 million, ESPN's Marc Stein reports that they are first exploring packaging him to "fill another void". Still, given the Mavs' struggles to move Dampier themselves, Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski says that Bobcats officials think it is "very likely" that they will merely end up waiving him. The baffling part of this deal from the Bobcats' perspective is that Chandler's deal expires at the end of the season, so they are merely accelerating their cap savings a year, well after the top free agents are off the market this summer. Combined with the fact that Chandler is the far superior player at this point; the Bobcats had to take on the long-term salaries of Matt Carroll (who the Bobcats had ironically given to the Mavs in a salary dump a few years ago) and Eduardo Najera; and the Bobcats had a deal in place with the Raptors for Chandler that actually would have filled the holes on their roster, and this is a head-scratcher for Charlotte. As our Bobcats blog Rufus On Fire put it:

I don't get it. This would leave the Bobcats with a shaky point guard situation and Boris Diaw as the number one center option. Really?

The only way this works for us is if we have a deal in place to flip Erick Dampier for other assets, because Dampier's deal can be bought out. And if we're stuck with Matt Carroll and Eduardo Najera for the next three and two years, respectively... Again, I just don't get it.

If they're just trying to save several million dollars by buying out Dampier instead of cutting salary by taking Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans, then that's kind of silly, because Calderon and Evans would bring real performance value to the team.

Again: this is what Michael Jordan vetoed the José Calderon trade for? Brings back memories of his days as an executive for the Wizards...and Bobcats, for that matter."

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/13/15...-bobcats-trade

Comment

Working...
                              X