Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Bosh On The Fan 590

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just a publicity stunt

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why people still can't embrace Bargs. Now that the teams his, he will become an allstar. If you don't agree, it won't be a surprise. Because the haters just seem to paraphrase what other "experts" say anyways, trying to sound NBA savvy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I don't understand why people still can't embrace Bargs. Now that the teams his, he will become an allstar. If you don't agree, it won't be a surprise. Because the haters just seem to paraphrase what other "experts" say anyways, trying to sound NBA savvy.
    Exactly, all these CB fanatics will actually have to study the game of basketball and "witness" how a real all star performs. This is the Bargs era, Raptors goin all the way now.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not baseball where every team gets an All Star. If he continues to show improvement he'd be on the fringe of making it. If the Raptors surprise everyone his chances increase. He has the potential to make a big leap, but I think we've all been waiting for that for years. Now is a good a time as any though. I'm sure we would certainly all welcome it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I am not sure whether to take you serious or not.

What Lebron did was selfless, he sacrificed everything he spent the last 7 years building to win rings and play with his friends. All Bosh did was piggy back on the two biggest names in the game and artificially raise his legacy through osmosis. There was nothing selfless about what Bosh did, he made the decision that was best for Chris Bosh and Chris Bosh only.

If his stats drop is will be because he got hurt, lazy or was never that good to begin with. He is the only capable big body on that team and will be playing with two player's who not only demand a double team, but have spent their whole careers learning how to pass out of them. Bosh either doesn't know how to pass or is unwilling to, but by the simple nature of his selfish game his numbers are going to be huge.

He has never had any big endorsement deals and now playing alongside one of the most marketable athletes in sports you think he won't get any? Again, I can't tell if you are serious. There are going to be so many commercials with the 3 of them that they are going to make Drake look like a recluse.

Personally I'm not upset with Bosh, I would have done the same thing in a different manner, but what really grinds my gears is the whole

"I didn't really know until the last moment what I was going to do. Toronto was also a place I was considering."

It actually makes me sick to listen to him assuming we are all idiots.
    Take me serious? You literally have no idea what your talking about. Of course he did it for Chris Bosh, isn't that the name of the game? Selfless in the sense that he's not taking more money so he can win a championship, selfless in the sense that their not even making Chris Bosh jersey's in Miami and he's cool with it, selfless in the sense that he knows he's third bananna..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Mo has got it right. Bosh is full of shit and everything about his past few years here was an embarrassing bullshit attempt at a marketing exercise.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    It's not baseball where every team gets an All Star. If he continues to show improvement he'd be on the fringe of making it. If the Raptors surprise everyone his chances increase. He has the potential to make a big leap, but I think we've all been waiting for that for years. Now is a good a time as any though. I'm sure we would certainly all welcome it.
    The only thing that Bargs is missing is physicality, which is expected from an international player. He's starting to figure it out though, as he's starting to use his size to his advantage. Aside from Howard, I don't consider their to be a lock for the #2 C.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    You guys are such haters. I bet you will be in the ACC wearing your Miami Bosh jersey cheering for him when they play here, like those tools who show up wearing their Garnett jersey and act all "tough".

This is the Bargs era, y'all should go post on the Miami website.
    The hatred has not yet begun! You're hatred for Bosh is pretty apparent though, and I can guarantee it didn't start July 1 when he became a free agent, which means you were hating on him while he was a Raptor. Double standards? I think so...

Anyways, I actually wish Andrea the best, same as all the Raptors, I'm just not naive enough to believe the new franchise player when he's shown absolutely no inclination he can play the part. He hasn't even shown he's close to Bosh's level, but you seem to think he's twice the player if not more.

Maybe instead of just throwing out some outlandish comments just to get a rise or response from people, you should really try to be a bit more realistic. I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for a failure.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Bird, Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Timmy D, Pierce, Bill Russell, Isiah Thomas, etc...etc...
    Yeah, Superstars. Bosh isn't a Superstar.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how anybody could be mad at Bosh, what he did is probably the most selfless thing I've ever seen in sports history. He's taking a $15 million hit on his contract, his stats are going to be at all time lows, and he's going to lose all his endorsement playing alongside Lebron and Wade.
    he had endorsements???

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh is just looking to keep his Raptor faithfull Twitter friends.

Screw him! Let him find some new South Beach ballwashers to manipulate.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The best part is when E Smith asked, "what was the main reason for leaving", and he said "I don't want to play in Andrea's shadow anymore, and, I'm g@y".
    Andrea has no shadow.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

asked the wrong questions. the question I want to hear was, did you think you were not good enough to win here in toronto, is that why you choose to go to miami to play with dwayne wade? BC made alot of moves to help the team get back to the playoffs but you were the one piece that remained constant!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how anybody could be mad at Bosh, what he did is probably the most selfless thing I've ever seen in sports history. He's taking a $15 million hit on his contract, his stats are going to be at all time lows, and he's going to lose all his endorsement playing alongside Lebron and Wade.
    The $15 million hit on his contract actually doesn't matter to Chris since there's no personal income tax in the state of Florida so by signing with the heat, he's actually netting more than he would have if he signed the full max contract in most other places. So this "hit" really isn't really that selfless at all...let's not give too much credit where no credit is due. I don't care that he changed teams, let's face it, he was always gonna leave...but the contract stuff isn't something he should be praised for.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lost some respect for jack today those questions were weak!

Post Thanks / Like

Toronto, the city of haters. Never ceases to deliver.

GL in miami bosh, I'll be watching!

Raptors Republic Rookie River City's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the players that stay with their franchise win the rings though doesn't it....

Bird, Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Timmy D, Pierce, Bill Russell, Isiah Thomas, etc...etc...
    Seems that the guys who are winning rings stay with their franchise!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If Bosh is so selfless why did he not offer to take less money here and have the Raptors spend more to build this team. Why was he insisiting on being the MAN then changed his tune to be the maid alongside two stars just so he could get a ring? I think he'll get a pile of money in endorsememnts because I believe there was collusion between the three and LeBron and Wade convinced Bosh he would make piles of money as they would force their sponsors to spend on all three. I'm convinced that's what went down to ease some of Bosh's ego.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to wonder if the interviews where Bosh talked about being the centerpiece, being the man to build a team around, and not wanting to be an addition were just lines of script that were given to him to throw everyone off the trail that this was decided long ago. He sure changed his tune in a hurry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the interviews where Bosh talked about being the centerpiece, being the man to build a team around, and not wanting to be an addition were just lines of script that were given to him to throw everyone off the trail that this was decided long ago. He sure changed his tune in a hurry.
    that's an interesting point, i wonder how much their puppet master agents were manipulating the whole charade. i do feel some semblance of pride in BC and mlse for not sending out a huge dog and pony show to prance around for cb's amusement. i think they knew the score the whole time. now..if we can only ever find out what the h*ll happened post all star break last year..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information