Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Center Should BC Pursue Now?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What Center Should BC Pursue Now?

Now that we have gotten screwed by MJ and Larry B, which true center should the Raptors go after now?

(Realistic answers please)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the answer that most people will be turning towards now is one that has been mentioned by a few ppl on here, that is: Collison + Okafor for Calderon + Banks/Evans. Something along those lines will not only provide the Hornets with some financial relief after this year, but with a suitable back-up for CP3. However, with the limited financial relief obtained with an expiring (Banks/Evans) comes a fairly long-term financial commitment with Calderon.

For the Raps, we get a defensive minded Center in Okafor (albeit slightly undersized) and a PG of the future in Collison. No there are no rumours floating out there about this possibly happening, but it seems to be something Raps fans are hoping for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post

For the Raps, we get a defensive minded Center in Okafor (albeit slightly undersized) and a PG of the future in Collison. No there are no rumours floating out there about this possibly happening, but it seems to be something Raps fans are hoping for.
    Undersized and overpaid.

Raptors Republic Rookie bhattmagandhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way NOH will take on Calderon's contract and trade away Collison's lol that makes no sense. Besides i still think they have some faith in Okafaor. So they aren't in any rush to make trades.

I don't understand why we feel like we need to trade Jose so badly. He's been a big anchor for our offense these past couple of years. Although he's overpaid, he's still a useful asset on the floor. Most importantly, Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks are expiring contracts so we'll still have a good amount of financial flexibility in the 2011 off season.

P.S. Jack + Calderon showed that they could co-exist together last season, unlike Calderon + Ford. So why does everyone want to run Jose out of town this badly?

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Samuel Dalembert.....

Only guy I can think of is Samuel Dalembert....or Jason Thompson..both are in Sacramento...raptors got screw'd big time..by Micheal,Larry and Marc Cuban..
    Sucks!!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i like Dalembert, but I dont see why a guy like Marc Gasol is out of the picture. Memphis should be trying to mold Thabeet into a starter so Gasol might not be too crazy of an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lopez wrote: View Post
    i like Dalembert, but I dont see why a guy like Marc Gasol is out of the picture. Memphis should be trying to mold Thabeet into a starter so Gasol might not be too crazy of an idea.
    Thabeet is a long, long way away from starter material.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhhh, calderon and jack was a complete failure last year, so unless you want another shitty season you gotta trade one of them. Plus dont forget you have barbosa.

Quote bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post
    There's no way NOH will take on Calderon's contract and trade away Collison's lol that makes no sense. Besides i still think they have some faith in Okafaor. So they aren't in any rush to make trades.

I don't understand why we feel like we need to trade Jose so badly. He's been a big anchor for our offense these past couple of years. Although he's overpaid, he's still a useful asset on the floor. Most importantly, Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks are expiring contracts so we'll still have a good amount of financial flexibility in the 2011 off season.

P.S. Jack + Calderon showed that they could co-exist together last season, unlike Calderon + Ford. So why does everyone want to run Jose out of town this badly?

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Kaman or in a high risk move, Greg Oden.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have never expected BC to go after a guy like Chandler in the first place so who knows which center he is targeting next. Stop with the NOH rumors, its not happening until someone finds an article telling us BC wants Collison.

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Perkins anyone??? 1 year left and is a great defender.

Post Thanks / Like

He's also out til January or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Bogut alot... the guy averaged 2.8 blocks I blv. He's hard to get but if we could get him then we have a good line up
    OR
    instead of dway jones we get Barbosa + lopez for Hedo and cash considerations?

ps: why dont we just trade calderon and evans to dallas for Chandler?? they do need a good backup pg and who better to teach calderon than Kidd?
    Last edited by Raptors; Tue Jul 13th, 2010 at 06:37 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Priest wrote: View Post
    I would have never expected BC to go after a guy like Chandler in the first place so who knows which center he is targeting next. Stop with the NOH rumors, its not happening until someone finds an article telling us BC wants Collison.
    Nobody said there were rumours about NOH. This post simply asked who might be a good idea to go after, or look at, since the Chandler trade busted.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Okafor is extremely overrated defensively. I've read articles by Hornets' beat writers saying that he and West were the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA. Apparently teams would run pick-and-rolls all game last season because they just couldn't stop it. Similar to Bargnani, he's a decent shotblocker, but overall he's nothing special on that end of the court.

I would go after Andris Biedrins, especially if the Warriors intend to play David Lee as a center. Only 24, very similar to Tyson Chandler in that he's a dominant rebounder and a very good team defender (maybe not as explosive though). His contract is fairly reasonable too at $9M for 4 years, much better than Okafor's anyway.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dinger wrote: View Post
    Now that we have gotten screwed by MJ and Larry B, which true center should the Raptors go after now?

(Realistic answers please)
    If I might ask, who says Colangelo was necessarily looking for a centre? He's been stacking the team with big men, and there's no point to keeping all of them. Has it occurred to anyone that this was less about getting Diaw / Chandler and more about moving Calderon?

It's not like another team is going to trade PGs with us. Wouldn't it seem reasonable to stock the team with marketable commodities in the hope that we'll be able to use one or two of them (and our PTE) to get a solid starting PG?

Safe bet we don't need seven bigs. I think BC was just moving the undesirable pieces, and the acquisitions would come later. IMO anyway....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    I really like Bogut alot... the guy averaged 2.8 blocks I blv. He's hard to get but if we could get him then we have a good line up
    OR

ps: why dont we just trade calderon and evans to dallas for Chandler?? they do need a good backup pg and who better to teach calderon than Kidd?
    Impossible - Bogut & Lopez are pretty much untouchable for anything the Raptors have to offer. And Kidd has a backup.
    Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 13th, 2010 at 06:44 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting idea about going after Biedrins, he could be traded straight up for Calderon if we are still shopping him. No need for plays to be run for him, strong rebounder, decent defender...

Post Thanks / Like

Only centers I see us targeting are: Dalembert, Robin Lopez, Chander (from dallas), and Thompson...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors wrote: View Post
    OR

Milwaukee really likes him too... they are trying to get better, not worse. What assets do the Raptors have that could possibly be used to obtain Bogut.

Phoenix will not give up Lopez, they really need him to be the anchor.

Dallas needs Chandler and Jose is not a young player trying to develop...

As for searching for another Center, I don't see why Samuel Dalembert isn't an option. He'll be an expiring the season after as well he offers the same things Toronto was looking for in Tyson Chandler.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information