What Center Should BC Pursue Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Center Should BC Pursue Now?

Now that we have gotten screwed by MJ and Larry B, which true center should the Raptors go after now?

(Realistic answers please)

I think the answer that most people will be turning towards now is one that has been mentioned by a few ppl on here, that is: Collison + Okafor for Calderon + Banks/Evans. Something along those lines will not only provide the Hornets with some financial relief after this year, but with a suitable back-up for CP3. However, with the limited financial relief obtained with an expiring (Banks/Evans) comes a fairly long-term financial commitment with Calderon.

For the Raps, we get a defensive minded Center in Okafor (albeit slightly undersized) and a PG of the future in Collison. No there are no rumours floating out there about this possibly happening, but it seems to be something Raps fans are hoping for.

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post

For the Raps, we get a defensive minded Center in Okafor (albeit slightly undersized) and a PG of the future in Collison. No there are no rumours floating out there about this possibly happening, but it seems to be something Raps fans are hoping for.
      Undersized and overpaid.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

There's no way NOH will take on Calderon's contract and trade away Collison's lol that makes no sense. Besides i still think they have some faith in Okafaor. So they aren't in any rush to make trades.

I don't understand why we feel like we need to trade Jose so badly. He's been a big anchor for our offense these past couple of years. Although he's overpaid, he's still a useful asset on the floor. Most importantly, Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks are expiring contracts so we'll still have a good amount of financial flexibility in the 2011 off season.

P.S. Jack + Calderon showed that they could co-exist together last season, unlike Calderon + Ford. So why does everyone want to run Jose out of town this badly?
        "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
        ------------------------------------------
        "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

Samuel Dalembert.....

Only guy I can think of is Samuel Dalembert....or Jason Thompson..both are in Sacramento...raptors got screw'd big time..by Micheal,Larry and Marc Cuban..
          Sucks!!!
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

i like Dalembert, but I dont see why a guy like Marc Gasol is out of the picture. Memphis should be trying to mold Thabeet into a starter so Gasol might not be too crazy of an idea.

Comment

Lopez wrote: View Post
              i like Dalembert, but I dont see why a guy like Marc Gasol is out of the picture. Memphis should be trying to mold Thabeet into a starter so Gasol might not be too crazy of an idea.
              Thabeet is a long, long way away from starter material.

Comment

Uhhh, calderon and jack was a complete failure last year, so unless you want another shitty season you gotta trade one of them. Plus dont forget you have barbosa.

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post
                There's no way NOH will take on Calderon's contract and trade away Collison's lol that makes no sense. Besides i still think they have some faith in Okafaor. So they aren't in any rush to make trades.

I don't understand why we feel like we need to trade Jose so badly. He's been a big anchor for our offense these past couple of years. Although he's overpaid, he's still a useful asset on the floor. Most importantly, Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks are expiring contracts so we'll still have a good amount of financial flexibility in the 2011 off season.

P.S. Jack + Calderon showed that they could co-exist together last season, unlike Calderon + Ford. So why does everyone want to run Jose out of town this badly?

Comment

Chris Kaman or in a high risk move, Greg Oden.

Comment

I would have never expected BC to go after a guy like Chandler in the first place so who knows which center he is targeting next. Stop with the NOH rumors, its not happening until someone finds an article telling us BC wants Collison.

Comment

Perkins anyone??? 1 year left and is a great defender.

Comment

He's also out til January or something.

Comment

I really like Bogut alot... the guy averaged 2.8 blocks I blv. He's hard to get but if we could get him then we have a good line up
                          OR
                          instead of dway jones we get Barbosa + lopez for Hedo and cash considerations?

ps: why dont we just trade calderon and evans to dallas for Chandler?? they do need a good backup pg and who better to teach calderon than Kidd?
                          Last edited by Raptors; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
                            I would have never expected BC to go after a guy like Chandler in the first place so who knows which center he is targeting next. Stop with the NOH rumors, its not happening until someone finds an article telling us BC wants Collison.
                            Nobody said there were rumours about NOH. This post simply asked who might be a good idea to go after, or look at, since the Chandler trade busted.

Comment

Okafor is extremely overrated defensively. I've read articles by Hornets' beat writers saying that he and West were the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA. Apparently teams would run pick-and-rolls all game last season because they just couldn't stop it. Similar to Bargnani, he's a decent shotblocker, but overall he's nothing special on that end of the court.

I would go after Andris Biedrins, especially if the Warriors intend to play David Lee as a center. Only 24, very similar to Tyson Chandler in that he's a dominant rebounder and a very good team defender (maybe not as explosive though). His contract is fairly reasonable too at $9M for 4 years, much better than Okafor's anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X