What Center Should BC Pursue Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinger wrote: View Post
    Now that we have gotten screwed by MJ and Larry B, which true center should the Raptors go after now?

(Realistic answers please)
    If I might ask, who says Colangelo was necessarily looking for a centre? He's been stacking the team with big men, and there's no point to keeping all of them. Has it occurred to anyone that this was less about getting Diaw / Chandler and more about moving Calderon?

It's not like another team is going to trade PGs with us. Wouldn't it seem reasonable to stock the team with marketable commodities in the hope that we'll be able to use one or two of them (and our PTE) to get a solid starting PG?

Safe bet we don't need seven bigs. I think BC was just moving the undesirable pieces, and the acquisitions would come later. IMO anyway....

Comment

Raptors wrote: View Post
      I really like Bogut alot... the guy averaged 2.8 blocks I blv. He's hard to get but if we could get him then we have a good line up
      OR
      instead of dway jones we get Barbosa + lopez for Hedo and cash considerations?

ps: why dont we just trade calderon and evans to dallas for Chandler?? they do need a good backup pg and who better to teach calderon than Kidd?
      Impossible - Bogut & Lopez are pretty much untouchable for anything the Raptors have to offer. And Kidd has a backup.
      Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 06:44 PM.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Interesting idea about going after Biedrins, he could be traded straight up for Calderon if we are still shopping him. No need for plays to be run for him, strong rebounder, decent defender...

Comment

Only centers I see us targeting are: Dalembert, Robin Lopez, Chander (from dallas), and Thompson...

Comment

Raptors wrote: View Post
            I really like Bogut alot... the guy averaged 2.8 blocks I blv. He's hard to get but if we could get him then we have a good line up
            OR
            instead of dway jones we get Barbosa + lopez for Hedo and cash considerations?

ps: why dont we just trade calderon and evans to dallas for Chandler?? they do need a good backup pg and who better to teach calderon than Kidd?
            Milwaukee really likes him too... they are trying to get better, not worse. What assets do the Raptors have that could possibly be used to obtain Bogut.

Phoenix will not give up Lopez, they really need him to be the anchor.

Dallas needs Chandler and Jose is not a young player trying to develop...

As for searching for another Center, I don't see why Samuel Dalembert isn't an option. He'll be an expiring the season after as well he offers the same things Toronto was looking for in Tyson Chandler.

Comment

I'd like to see us take a shot at landing Gortat, but realistically there is nobody on our roster that Orlando would want.

Comment

Why are we even mentioning Dalembert and Chandler? Both were already traded to teams that want them in the past month.

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                  Nobody said there were rumours about NOH. This post simply asked who might be a good idea to go after, or look at, since the Chandler trade busted.
                  Yah right, ever since that article was posted by Chisolm that says the Raps "NEED" Collison, people have been absolutely obsessed. Its ridiculous.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    Why are we even mentioning Dalembert and Chandler? Both were already traded to teams that want them in the past month.

Dalembert was traded to Sacramento before the draft and at that time Cousins was still considered a lock at the 3rd pick. Now they have a really crowded front-court with Cousins at the 5, Landry at the 4, and Thompson and Dalembert off the bench. It'll be hard to give Dalembert
                    consistent minutes since they wanna develop Cousins. If Sacramento are open to receiving our expiring deals(Evans or Banks), then i'm all for it.

Comment

Please stop the New orleans talk. That will never happen in a million years that trade. Paul makes 14-15 mil and cal. makes 10 mill with the kicker. 25 million on point guards when they have as good a pair of point guards that costs 17 million. The most likely big man that i can think of is Joel Pryzbilla. Portland has three quality centres but what do they want from us?

Comment

IceeeD wrote: View Post
                        Dalembert was traded to Sacramento before the draft and at that time Cousins was still considered a lock at the 3rd pick. Now they have a really crowded front-court with Cousins at the 5, Landry at the 4, and Thompson and Dalembert off the bench. It'll be hard to give Dalembert
                        consistent minutes since they wanna develop Cousins. If Sacramento are open to receiving our expiring deals(Evans or Banks), then i'm all for it.
                        Spot on. Sac definitely has an issue now that they have Cousins. I think Dalembert would be a great fit and be TONS more relief than Chandler would have been for Bargs.

I've also always loved Hawes (haven't followed his situation after being traded by Sac) and I think Beidrins would be a great add. Runs the floor well, and when healthy is a great defensive presence. I think the fact that he plays defensive is why he fell out of favour with Don Nelson in the first place :\

Comment

I think Pryzbilla is a free agent actually. I thought of him, he's not the answer for the Raptors long term and I don't know what his demand around the league would be. Plus he was injured at the end of last season and I haven't heard any updates on him.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The Raptors already have a center. Bargnani. No one has yet been able to make even a reasonable argument why Bargnani is not a center. Now if you're talking about getting a replacement for Bargnani, then I'm all for that.

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                            Uhhh, calderon and jack was a complete failure last year, so unless you want another shitty season you gotta trade one of them. Plus dont forget you have barbosa.
                            Yes, Jack and Calderon were so much of a failure last season that they ran one of the best offenses in the entire league. If your logic holds true, the Raptors have to trade every single member of the Raptors.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Yes, Jack and Calderon were so much of a failure last season that they ran one of the best offenses in the entire league.
                              .... and one of the worst defences in the history of the NBA.

Comment

Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
                                Spot on. Sac definitely has an issue now that they have Cousins. I think Dalembert would be a great fit and be TONS more relief than Chandler would have been for Bargs.

I've also always loved Hawes (haven't followed his situation after being traded by Sac) and I think Beidrins would be a great add. Runs the floor well, and when healthy is a great defensive presence. I think the fact that he plays defensive is why he fell out of favour with Don Nelson in the first place :\
                                I agree with you 100%. We all liked Chandler and the idea of him coming here because of his expiring deal and the fact that he complements Andrea Bargnani, but if you compare him with Dalembert, I would give Dalembert the edge because they both have expiring deals at about the same price, but I think Dalembert can stay relatively healthy compared to Chandler and can also complement Bargnani's game.

Comment

Working...
                                X