X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Still On The Trade Block

according to Doug Smith:

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

I’m sure Bryan has other irons in the fire (I was told at least one team has big interest in Jose) and I guarantee you he was working the phones and the room at the Vegas summer league for most of yesterday.

I can’t give you a when, or even a where, but I do think Bryan’s decision to trade Jose earlier this week means that he’ll do everything he can to move him in the next couple of weeks.
    looks like Jose is still up on the chopping block!! Thank god...

I wonder who this team is who is very interested in him?
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Buschfire wrote: View Post
    according to Doug Smith:

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

looks like Jose is still up on the chopping block!! Thank god...

I wonder who this team is who is very interested in him?
    My guess is Minnesota. It's probably a strategy to ultimately transition Rubio to the team (2 Spaniards). They're probably offering up pretty much anyone on their roster and I could see a 3rd team being involved.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Comment

I thought Minny was looking to sign Ridnour and not trading J. Flynn. Oh well, who knows what they're thinking.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

jose still on the trading block

Doug refers to a team in the east...what about the Pacers? They may be a bit unsure of taking one of our point guards again (TJ) but Jose's got to be a step up on Earl Watson. Hmmmm... who do the Pacers have that we've always wanted.....?

Comment

Rap Challenger wrote: View Post
          My guess is Minnesota. It's probably a strategy to ultimately transition Rubio to the team (2 Spaniards). They're probably offering up pretty much anyone on their roster and I could see a 3rd team being involved.
          Minnesota just signed Ridnour, and already have Flynn, Sessions and Rubio (on deck). I am not sure why they would be looking for another PG. They need scoring on the wing and up front (after the Al Jefferson trade). Actually, the Wolves look like they are tanking big-time for next year, and cutting salary like mad.

Charlotte still needs a PG badly. The last real option on the FA market was Lowry, but he just signed an offer sheet so he is off the market. They might make a move for Sessions with the Wolves, but otherwise they might still be looking at Calderon or Jack. TO might need to add cash to any deal that includes Calderon.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            Minnesota just signed Ridnour, and already have Flynn, Sessions and Rubio (on deck). I am not sure why they would be looking for another PG. They need scoring on the wing and up front (after the Al Jefferson trade). Actually, the Wolves look like they are tanking big-time for next year, and cutting salary like mad.

Charlotte still needs a PG badly. The last real option on the FA market was Lowry, but he just signed an offer sheet so he is off the market. They might make a move for Sessions with the Wolves, but otherwise they might still be looking at Calderon or Jack. TO might need to add cash to any deal that includes Calderon.
            In light of what you've just said, isn't it possible that we were going to flip one or two of the bigs in the Calderon deal to Minny for one of their surplus PGs? Seems like something BC would do.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
              In light of what you've just said, isn't it possible that we were going to flip one or two of the bigs in the Calderon deal to Minny for one of their surplus PGs? Seems like something BC would do.
              Who knows? I think TO would have been pretty balanced if they had kept Diaw and Chandler for Evans and Calderon. TO still probably needs a seasoned defensive center to pair with Bargnani and others.

Charlotte has a very unbalanced team now, with an expensive and crowded 4/5... Dampier, Mohammad, Diop, Jackson, Diaw, Jackson. They are very thin at PG. Logically, one could see them want to trade one of their three PFs (Diaw, most likely) and either trade or waive Dampier. MINN and TO look like the best trading partners for CHA. Both look like they have financial room to maneuver too (I think MINN quite far under the cap and TO with TPE).

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post

I cannot for the life of me figure out what Minnesota is doing with their PGs, and why they are hanging on to Rubio. Maybe they just don't care about bringing in salary back in a Rubio trade and would rather just let him become a FA in due time.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  I cannot for the life of me figure out what Minnesota is doing with their PGs, and why they are hanging on to Rubio. Maybe they just don't care about bringing in salary back in a Rubio trade and would rather just let him become a FA in due time.
                  Maybe MINN is looking longer term... be terrible for another year or two, stockpile high draft picks, and bring in Rubio to orchestrate.

I read a report on RealGM suggesting that Charlotte is looking at Sessions (from MINN). So, if they add Ridnour and trade Sessions they would have Flynn/Ridnour, which is not a bad combination. Rubio can continue to be a trade-chip if he doesn't want to play in MINN.

Comment

I would bet that it's Detroit. Stuckey has totally fallen out of favour and they have some pretty good trade assets on the wing. A Calderon-Prince swap would be ideal from our end.

And I know Kahn is completely braindead, but come on, I have a hard time imagining they'd want Jose...

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      What are you nuts? It's the age of the PGs, now, so obviously a smart GM is going to stock up on them. Since Minnesota can't get an elite PG to actually play for them, they are going a different route and getting quantity over quality. If you can't see that then you're obviously just an idiot.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

My gut instinct is also pointing towards Detroit and Tayshaun. They might want to move him. Stuckey and his heart condition cannot go for more than 30 mins. for sure.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

KAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I am pretty sure if any reasonable person had been the GM for the T-Wovles, they would be a playoff fixture by now. Isiah did more to ruin the knicks future than Kahn has, but Kahn is murdering the present and constantly extending the rebuild timeline exponentially.

Comment

Any reasonable person? How about a reasonable Avocado?

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/13/d...efferson-away/
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Maybe Cleveland or Miami? they both need a back-up change of pace point guard.

On the Pacers Price, Stephenson and Rolle are three good point guard prospects, unless they can get Ty Lawson out of Denver then they'll play these three.
                              Last edited by Raptorsss; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 02:50 PM.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X