Jose Still On The Trade Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Maybe Cleveland or Miami? they both need a back-up change of pace point guard.

On the Pacers Price, Stephenson and Rolle are three good point guard prospects, unless they can get Ty Lawson out of Denver then they'll play these three.
    Miami is capped out and can't afford Calderon. They have to fill the rest of their rosters with minimum salary players.

Comment

What about Calderon for Anderson Varejao? Do you think it is possible to start him at centre? He is the perfect complementary player to Andrea.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        I cannot for the life of me figure out what Minnesota is doing with their PGs, and why they are hanging on to Rubio. Maybe they just don't care about bringing in salary back in a Rubio trade and would rather just let him become a FA in due time.
        One word: Kahn.

Just look at that roster. Log jam at the 1 and 3. Similar players. Sad, sad, world.
        Joshua Priemski
        NBA blogger
        SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
        www.RufusOnFire.com/
        www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          Maybe Cleveland or Miami? they both need a back-up change of pace point guard.

On the Pacers Price, Stephenson and Rolle are three good point guard prospects, unless they can get Ty Lawson out of Denver then they'll play these three.
          Price=Injured. Stephenson was asked to run point and is expected and encouraged to look to score first. At least that's what I remember Jim O'Brien saying. Magnum Rolle is a power forward.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            I cannot for the life of me figure out what Minnesota is doing with their PGs, and why they are hanging on to Rubio. Maybe they just don't care about bringing in salary back in a Rubio trade and would rather just let him become a FA in due time.
            This seems unlikely, but at this point I wouldn't put anything past KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!

Because of the rules of the NBA draft, Minny holds (almost) all the cards with Rubio. If he ever wants to play in the NBA, he either has to sit out of pro ball altogether for a year and then re-enter the draft, convince Khan to trade him, or spend his first 4 years with Minny on a rookie-scale contract--which is likely to get smaller with the new CBA.

Comment

This current roster is currently filled with decent players who would be role players on other contending teams. However, this is not a playoff bound team and I dont think BC is done yet.

What we need is true impact player to lead the way. In addition, a decent C would be good too. We have no GOTO guy... Weems and Derozan look good but thats because their playing in the Summer League not NBA....Don't believe the HYPE...

We're not going to the playoff like this.

Comment

Fortunately/unfortunately, Calderon is still a Raptor. I'm not here to advocate moving him. I like Jose as a person and as a player and I hope he does stick around in Toronto. However, with him now knowing that Toronto is looking to make a move -- proving once already that they're at least willing to deal him -- you have to wonder if that could sour the relationship if Calderon was to come back next season or if Colangelo almost has to find another trading partner now for the Spanish guard (and Evans).
                Source: Eric Smith's Blog

Comment

If Jose was to come back next year, I'm sure he would do as he always does, which is: say all the right things to the media despite what he's really thinking. Throughout all of the battles he's had to go through with T.J./Jack, Jose has always maintained that he is a win-first type guy and just wants to see the team win. So if he does return, I'm sure that his answer will be oriented around that theme.

Comment

Working...
                  X