Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jose, Rubio And The Minnesota Timberwolves

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jose, Rubio And The Minnesota Timberwolves

Does anyone else think that the key to Ricky Rubio for Minny may be through Jose Calderon? I realize Rubio's said he'll be coming to the NBA next season, but Jose being his teammate may help the process and help his growth.

If Minnesota was, in fact, interested in Jose to increase their appeal to Rubio, what would we want back? I'm thinking something like a Flynn/Brewer deal, but that's just me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

NO

Raptors Republic Rookie RAPT0RS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take that deal just to get rid of Jose but i'm not sure the wolves would.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused, why would Rubio want to come to the NBA to play with Jose when they play the same position. I think maybe your idea would work better if we were talking about one of the Gasol's but not Jose.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

NO

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... Minny likes PG's... how about we trade for Rubio's rights for our dearly beloved Jose?

Ahh... LOL.
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Does anyone else think that the key to Ricky Rubio for Minny may be through Jose Calderon? I realize Rubio's said he'll be coming to the NBA next season, but Jose being his teammate may help the process and help his growth.

If Minnesota was, in fact, interested in Jose to increase their appeal to Rubio, what would we want back? I'm thinking something like a Flynn/Brewer deal, but that's just me.
    I know Kahn has done some puzzling things, but he already has 2 PGs (Sessions and Flynn) and is on the verge of signing a third (Ridnour). Why would he want to add Calderon? I think he is more likely to trade away a PG.

Personally, I think that TO should consider trading anyone other than maybe DeRozan and Bargnani for Rubio. Add Miami's pick, or another future pick to facilitate, if necessary.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Minnesota want Bargnani for Rubio. Colangelo is just waiting for the right time to do the trade.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Minnesota want Bargnani for Rubio. Colangelo is just waiting for the right time to do the trade.
    There's no time like the present...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

can rubio play D????????????? seriously i dont know

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm... not sure if I would do that. TO would be seriously short of talent up front. Replace with Ed Davis and add Miami's #1 pick?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Hmmmmm... not sure if I would do that. TO would be seriously short of talent up front. Replace with Ed Davis and add Miami's #1 pick?
    I agree. AB and DD are the only players in this team with some talents. However, I do not think you can get Ricky for that price. Replace Miami's pick with ours next year and Ed Davis and you have yourself a Ricky Rubio next year in Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think that TO should consider trading anyone other than maybe DeRozan and Bargnani for Rubio. Add Miami's pick, or another future pick to facilitate, if necessary.
    I'd love for the Raptors to get Rubio but BOTH Bargnani and DeRozan is far, far too much.

The Raptors aren't going to compete next year. Worrying about whether or not the Raptors are going to be thin up front is pointless. Besides, it gives more time for the young players to develop. No way I'd rather give up Davis and a draft pick over Bargnani. Davis does the things big men are supposed to do and will probably end up being a better all around player than Bargnani. And that draft pick might come in quite handy, especially to move up in the draft, if needed.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love for the Raptors to get Rubio but BOTH Bargnani and DeRozan is far, far too much.

The Raptors aren't going to compete next year. Worrying about whether or not the Raptors are going to be thin up front is pointless. Besides, it gives more time for the young players to develop. No way I'd rather give up Davis and a draft pick over Bargnani. Davis does the things big men are supposed to do and will probably end up being a better all around player than Bargnani. And that draft pick might come in quite handy, especially to move up in the draft, if needed.
    Actually, I meant that they might consider trading anyone EXCEPT Bargnani or DeRozan. I think it is too early to get a read on Davis, but he seems to be a complementary player more than a "go to" big. Still, I think an argument could be made for trading Bargnani for Rubio. It would be a fast, young team that would lose a LOT of games in the near future.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand you.
    Yesterday you championed JC/JJ as one of the best offensive PG tandems in the NBA, and today you want to give away one of our few bigs in order to push them down the PG depth chart?

Who would you have starting at PF? Davis? Evans?
    The Raps may not be a playoff team next year, but it'd still be nice for fans if they had starters at all five positions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    I don't understand you.
    Yesterday you championed JC/JJ as one of the best offensive PG tandems in the NBA, and today you want to give away one of our few bigs in order to push them down the PG depth chart?

The Raps may not be a playoff team next year, but it'd still be nice for fans if they had starters at all five positions.
    Tim said Jose and JJ ran one of the best offenses in the league, which is very true. He didn't mean they were offensive powerhouses on their own. They're good point guards.

And if you read a few of his posts you'll quickly come to the conclusion that Tim wants his big men to rebound and play defense. Hence his desire to get rid of Bargs.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I meant that they might consider trading anyone EXCEPT Bargnani or DeRozan. I think it is too early to get a read on Davis, but he seems to be a complementary player more than a "go to" big. Still, I think an argument could be made for trading Bargnani for Rubio. It would be a fast, young team that would lose a LOT of games in the near future.
    I agree that Davis will probably never be anything more than a complimentary player, but because he can do the little things (and important things), he will be able to help any team.

Bargnani will never be anything more than a complimentary player, as well, but one you have to surround with the right players to make up for his lack of defense and rebounding. Just because Bargnani has more offensive skill than Davis, doesn't make his ceiling an higher, nor make him anything more than a complimentary player.

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    I don't understand you.

Well, first of all, I said that Jack and Calderon did just fine last year, and as proof, I pointed to the fact that they lead one of the best offenses in the league. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to try and get a possible franchise PG in Rubio, if given a chance. I'd take Chris Paul over them, too, if they wuld be able to grab him. Besides, Rubio wouldn't be coming over for at least another year. I don't think the Raptors need a quick fix at PG unless the right deal comes along. However much I like Calderon, I was in favour of the Charlotte deal because it helped the team in the long term.

As for who would start at PF (or center, since Johnson is a PF), I don't know, at this point. It's a long summer and there is still lots that could be done. That's one reason I would have liked to have seen the Charlotte deal done, but the Raptors still currently are overloaded at the PG/combo guard position, so another deal can still be made.

The idea is to get the best players available. I believe Rubio is a franchise PG who might be available and would be a great fit for the Raptors. I think it simply makes sense to try and get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Tim said Jose and JJ ran one of the best offenses in the league, which is very true. He didn't mean they were offensive powerhouses on their own. They're good point guards.

And if you read a few of his posts you'll quickly come to the conclusion that Tim wants his big men to rebound and play defense. Hence his desire to get rid of Bargs.
    Exactly!

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm sorry, but the notion that even a retard like kahn would trade rubio (& filler to make the #s work) for bargnani (unless he knows with 100% certainty that rubio will NEVER play for minny) is simply delusional.

rubio is regarded as one of the best pure PG prospects in 20 years.

bargnani is regarded as a decently-talented offensive big man with perimeter skills & an aversion to rebounding & defense.

there is NO WAY rubio is being dealt, and even if he was, it would take a helluva lot more than bargnani as the centrepiece to get it done.

geez.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    i'm sorry, but the notion that even a retard like kahn would trade rubio (& filler to make the #s work) for bargnani (unless he knows with 100% certainty that rubio will NEVER play for minny) is simply delusional.

rubio is regarded as one of the best pure PG prospects in 20 years.

bargnani is regarded as a decently-talented offensive big man with perimeter skills & an aversion to rebounding & defense.

there is NO WAY rubio is being dealt, and even if he was, it would take a helluva lot more than bargnani as the centrepiece to get it done.

geez.
    Bargnani still has the allure of potential, and his game still may look incredibly enticing to some GMs out there. The number of Raptor fans who still see him as a future All Star. Rubio hasn't played a minute in the league and there's a chance he might wait until he doesn't have to get paid rookie scale to come to the league, or just refuse to play in Minnesota. The T-Wolves would be getting something of value, and a young big man at that, immediately, instead of waiting for a player that may never come.

Now, obviously I think much more highly of Rubio, but the circumstances that surround him lowers his trade value. And Bargnani could be enticing to a team that sees him as a potential matchup nightmare on the offensive end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information