Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:
    "Reports yesterday had the Raptors still trying to trade Calderon for a big man, with talk of the Spanish guard heading to Indiana in exchange for the Pacer's Roy Hibbert."
    Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:

Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.
    hahaha i doubt this is going to push through.
    if it does, the Pacers will officially be our junkyard

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this makes perfect sense...it continues a new tradition of re-acquiring assets that were unnecessarily traded away in the first place.

i dunno what to think of the actual rumour (i won't call it a 'deal')...obviously more pieces would have to be involved (from the pacers, or a 3rd team) to make the $$ work. just skimming their roster, the only guy who MIGHT be obtainable and who i'd actually like to have on the raps is price (and i'm fairly 'meh' on him) - obviously, granger is the carrot, but they aren't trading him.

guess is the pacers are trying to unload dunleavy or murphy (though i'm not sure why, they're both big expiring contracts), and for some reason, might be willing to part with a decent actual big man (who plays like an actual decent big man) to obtain a decent PG (are they that starved for 'decent' PG play?). maybe calderon & evans for hibbert & dunleavy?

they can't think we'd take back ford...right? even he's an expiring. they actually don't have any big contracts after this season (save for granger). hmmm...seems like they're planning for the future or something...which makes it really strange they'd entertain dealing hibbert. i can't see this happening.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.

TJ & Hibbert
    FOR
    Calderon

Would be okay in my books however - not that getting TJ back is a good thing - what matters is dumping the other two years of Jose's salary and getting a decent player/trade asset in Hibbert.

Raptors Republic Rookie raptor-raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YKOil wrote: View Post
    Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.

TJ & Hibbert
    FOR
    Calderon

Would be okay in my books however - not that getting TJ back is a good thing - what matters is dumping the other two years of Jose's salary and getting a decent player/trade asset in Hibbert.
    Agreed. Some of the other deals mentioned would be nice if they could be pulled off... but as a bottom line kind of thing, you could do a lot more in the long run with eating one year of a T.J. Ford contract than being saddled with Jose's for multi-seasons....

...but this a minimum effort sort of thing...B.C. should try to go bigger.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    this makes perfect sense...it continues a new tradition of re-acquiring assets that were unnecessarily traded away in the first place.

i dunno what to think of the actual rumour (i won't call it a 'deal')...obviously more pieces would have to be involved (from the pacers, or a 3rd team) to make the $$ work. just skimming their roster, the only guy who MIGHT be obtainable and who i'd actually like to have on the raps is price (and i'm fairly 'meh' on him) - obviously, granger is the carrot, but they aren't trading him.

guess is the pacers are trying to unload dunleavy or murphy (though i'm not sure why, they're both big expiring contracts), and for some reason, might be willing to part with a decent actual big man (who plays like an actual decent big man) to obtain a decent PG (are they that starved for 'decent' PG play?). maybe calderon & evans for hibbert & dunleavy?

they can't think we'd take back ford...right? even he's an expiring. they actually don't have any big contracts after this season (save for granger). hmmm...seems like they're planning for the future or something...which makes it really strange they'd entertain dealing hibbert. i can't see this happening.
    Dunleavy and Hibbert for Calderon and Evans.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dunleavy is an expiring and they have a need with Turks gone at the 3 (I'll take a hurt Dunleavy over Turkolgu any day). He's not good enough to make a huge impact and his contract coming off the books is great. Hibbert is average and would be a decent backup which would ensure Davis and Johnson get playing time and force Bargs to defend better when he's on the court. They might look to start Hibbert but he's not a no-brainer to start like if Chandler was here.

I thought the deal for Chandler and Diaw might make the Raps a little too good (I mean medicore good instead of medicore bad) and take time away from the young players but this deal would suit me fine as it would ensure young players are playing, Bargnani doesn't have instant protection so he can't continue with his laziness and we'd lose enough to get a HIGH draft pick, not to mention an expiring deal off the books after the season is done.

Works for me.

Raptors Republic Rookie bhattmagandhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha i doubt this is going to push through.
    if it does, the Pacers will officially be our junkyard
    +1

lol

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert? He's not exactly a very strong rebounder, despite his 7 foot frame.

Je demande Paul George!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Hibbert? He's not exactly a very strong rebounder, despite his 7 foot frame.

Je demande Paul George!
    itz cuz indiana doesnt get any stops

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm ... Hibbert just had knee surgery few day ago . Anyone knows how bad is his injury?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Hmmm ... Hibbert just had knee surgery few day ago . Anyone knows how bad is his injury?
    Minor injury. No surgery.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...on-t-miss-work

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Real Charlotte Trade

The Real Hornets Trade

I agree, enough with the Collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the Hornets: Okafor, Chris Paul and James Posey for Calderon, Miami's 2010 first, the Raps 2010 first, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans and the entire TPE. This would save the Hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the Raps would get two starters. Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote j_dubyah wrote: View Post
    the real hornets trade

i agree, enough with the collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the hornets: Okafor, chris paul and james posey for calderon, miami's 2010 first, the raps 2010 first, marcus banks, reggie evans and the entire tpe. This would save the hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the raps would get two starters. Thoughts?
    stop.it.now.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote J_Dubyah wrote: View Post
    The Real Hornets Trade

I agree, enough with the Collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the Hornets: Okafor, Chris Paul and James Posey for Calderon, Miami's 2010 first, the Raps 2010 first, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans and the entire TPE. This would save the Hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the Raps would get two starters. Thoughts?
    Yeah lets give everything away for Paul? The Raps are gunna suck this year, those 1st rounders will be gold, we should keep them and even get more and maybe we can draft our own Paul.

This season should be used to give the YoungGunz heaps of burn to gain experience and confidence, now matter if we win 15 games, draft a superstar and we are the next Thunder, Keep doing the Band-aid approach and we are the Old Clippers.

Raptors Republic Rookie KingKevin10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This would be an intresting trade because they have opposite contracts- Calderon with a high price contract and Hibbert with a cheap and servicable contract that no team would ever mind.

Hibbert is a nice tall and long player who has some potential but Calderon would actually fit well in the Indiana system since they are all about shooting 3s.

The only problem I see is that the Pacers are developing their pgs ATM and they probably wont use Calderon much. They are also full of high salary contracts with Granger and Murphy so they probably wouldnt take this trade anyways. Raptors would need to take one of their high-priced contracts to make this work.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, the salaries are lopsided that's for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what Calderon would do for the development of the franchise.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I don't see what Calderon would do for the development of the franchise.
    Be able to give the ball to the developing players where they need it. But I'd be alright with trading him if it help the franchise long term.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we not do this deal...
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert is kinda crap. He's a back-up C so I guess he'd be OK to have if we just want Amir and Davis platooning at PF. Dunleavy would be OK I suppose. That deal would be worse than the Diaw/Chandler deal that's for sure. Jordan is a dick.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information