Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:
    "Reports yesterday had the Raptors still trying to trade Calderon for a big man, with talk of the Spanish guard heading to Indiana in exchange for the Pacer's Roy Hibbert."
    Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:

Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.
    hahaha i doubt this is going to push through.
    if it does, the Pacers will officially be our junkyard

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert? He's not exactly a very strong rebounder, despite his 7 foot frame.

Je demande Paul George!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm ... Hibbert just had knee surgery few day ago . Anyone knows how bad is his injury?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, the salaries are lopsided that's for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what Calderon would do for the development of the franchise.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I don't see what Calderon would do for the development of the franchise.
    Be able to give the ball to the developing players where they need it. But I'd be alright with trading him if it help the franchise long term.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we not do this deal...
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this makes perfect sense...it continues a new tradition of re-acquiring assets that were unnecessarily traded away in the first place.

i dunno what to think of the actual rumour (i won't call it a 'deal')...obviously more pieces would have to be involved (from the pacers, or a 3rd team) to make the $$ work. just skimming their roster, the only guy who MIGHT be obtainable and who i'd actually like to have on the raps is price (and i'm fairly 'meh' on him) - obviously, granger is the carrot, but they aren't trading him.

guess is the pacers are trying to unload dunleavy or murphy (though i'm not sure why, they're both big expiring contracts), and for some reason, might be willing to part with a decent actual big man (who plays like an actual decent big man) to obtain a decent PG (are they that starved for 'decent' PG play?). maybe calderon & evans for hibbert & dunleavy?

they can't think we'd take back ford...right? even he's an expiring. they actually don't have any big contracts after this season (save for granger). hmmm...seems like they're planning for the future or something...which makes it really strange they'd entertain dealing hibbert. i can't see this happening.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Hmmm ... Hibbert just had knee surgery few day ago . Anyone knows how bad is his injury?
    Minor injury. No surgery.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...on-t-miss-work

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert is kinda crap. He's a back-up C so I guess he'd be OK to have if we just want Amir and Davis platooning at PF. Dunleavy would be OK I suppose. That deal would be worse than the Diaw/Chandler deal that's for sure. Jordan is a dick.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.

TJ & Hibbert
    FOR
    Calderon

Would be okay in my books however - not that getting TJ back is a good thing - what matters is dumping the other two years of Jose's salary and getting a decent player/trade asset in Hibbert.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return. I wonder if a Calderon/Evans/Miami's 1st round pick for Granger/Hibbert/Ford would be enough? Indiana would get rid of Ford's contract, get a 1st round pick and save almost $24M over the next 4 seasons, on top of getting the PG they apparently covet to run the offense for their young team. Toronto would get a great SF, a backup C and would either buy-out Ford or use his expiring contract in another trade (I am assuming).

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons, according to figures on Hoopsworld.

Potential Lineup
    C: Bargnani / Hibbert / Alabi
    PF: Johnson / Davis / Dorsey
    SF: Granger / Kleiza
    SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli
    PG: Jack / Barbosa / Banks
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 14th, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return.

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons...

Potential Lineup
    C: Bargnani / Hibbert / Alabi
    PF: Johnson / Davis / Dorsey / Evans
    SF: Granger / Kleiza
    SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli
    PG: Jack / Barbosa / Banks
    c'mon, man!
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Hibbert drafted by the Raps at the Pacers request (to complete the trade for ONeal)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RYE wrote: View Post
    Hibbert is kinda crap.
    What?!?! Not according to all those Raptor fans who saw dealing him away in the Jermaine O'Neal trade as such a heinous and franchise killing deal.

Quote YKOil wrote: View Post
    Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.
    The Raptors have a lot of big men, but Bargnani is the only center who you'd want to give minutes to. Hibbert would be a fine backup center, or low minute, temporary starting one, should they need him to be.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return.

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons...
    I really like Granger, but he's way overpaid and would really only help the team get back to mediocrity. He's not good enough to be a main guy on a contender, and, at 27, is not a long term solution, which the Raptors should be focusing on now. Now if the Raptors could somehow get George....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Hibbert? He's not exactly a very strong rebounder, despite his 7 foot frame.

Je demande Paul George!
    itz cuz indiana doesnt get any stops

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I really like Granger, but he's way overpaid and would really only help the team get back to mediocrity. He's not good enough to be a main guy on a contender, and, at 27, is not a long term solution, which the Raptors should be focusing on now. Now if the Raptors could somehow get George....
    I wish! I see Indi looking at rebuilding around George, with Granger and the expiring contracts of Ford/Dunleavy/Murphy/Foster as bait, but who knows what Indi is really thinking? lol

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're going to get a big can he at least be a guy who can grab 10 boards per 36? I mean, Hibbert's not bad, but I think we can do better.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

why not kevin durant, russell westbrook, and 2 1st round draft picks for jose ?

Thread Information