Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    If there is a cap hold, which there is, then it can be traded. Pretty sure.
    I'm pretty sure once a player has been bought out, you can't trade his cap hold. The Raptors went through this with Alvin Williams and Garbajosa. People kept asking whether they can be traded and were told no because you can't trade players who have been bought out.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm/Appollo- do you think Hibbert and Bargs could co-exist, playing the 5 and 4 respectively?

Comment

hibbert can play he just never got minutes in indy, he would be a good pick up, hes young and cheep, if they give us a second round pick too this deal would be legit

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          TIm/Appollo- do you think Hibbert and Bargs could co-exist, playing the 5 and 4 respectively?
          I think Bargnani would be good at the 4 so, yes, but it doesn't make sense for the team. If they're making a move for Hibbert it's to secure a good backup center, which they need.

Comment

My Name is "D-Nice" wrote: View Post
            hibbert can play he just never got minutes in indy, he would be a good pick up, hes young and cheep, if they give us a second round pick too this deal would be legit
            i dont see them throwing anything extra with how much Calderon is making

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think Bargnani would be good at the 4 so, yes, but it doesn't make sense for the team. If they're making a move for Hibbert it's to secure a good backup center, which they need.
              True. I wonder why they aren't entertaining using Reggie for this purpose. I think he has an expiring contract to. Guess this makes him a more valuable trade asset. Obviously Hibbert has alot more to offer right now than Reg.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                DoNDaDDa, when the draft took place few years back, nobody knew how good would Graham or Granger be. Granger was passed by many teams because there Granger had an injury and Raptors weren't willing to take risk on. To came out years after draft and point the obvious is pointless. Kobe was drafted late, Darko was drafted ahead of Wade/Carmelo/Bosh and so on. Now regarding Andrea vs Roy, is a different story. Of course Raptors could go for Roy but they choose to go with a 7 feet long center who showed the promises to be Dirk 2.0 and a possible mismatch nightmare for the opposite team. The jury is still out, as a Center takes longer to develop then a SG/SF. Let's see how Andrea will perform this year, before calling him a bust.
                thats what i was saying about the granger one. looks really bad now but only bad then. as for Barg's hes not a bust but hes not what we needed either & def. not a #1 overall pick. not sure Roy would have been #1 either but if were just picking the best player for us then that would have been Roy since we needed & still need a Star SG. even though i think bargs will be a Dirk 2.0 i still think that given the fact we already had Bosh it Made no sense at all. Rob Babcock Took all kinds of heat for drafting Charlie V at like 10th or somthing cause we already had an AllStar PF in Bosh & Colangalo Doesnt get the same when he drafts another PF #1 overall I dont get it. I like colangalo & i think he is an excelent GM who gives the \raptors alot of crediblity but he has made a few collosol blunders along the way & not taken as much heat for it. although some of the Fire BC as GM dudes do pop up now & then!! but theyre Hockey fans mostly who dont care for the raptors!
                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Right now if Calderon were sold for a good center player defensively that we should not tap into the team because after Belinelli jack is the one that has as dribbling and passing trio of 3. Barbosa is a player very fast penetration and attack by unpredictability

Comment

hibbert isnt that bad he's young still and cheap, he can block shots finish around the rim, he just never really got good minutes in indy. he was the second best big when oden was draftted, hes a good pick up and we get rid of jose contract thats good enough for me, BC needs to get like a second round pick as well though at least.

Comment

I think they could certainly co-exist. You're not going to go anywhere with those two as your starting frontcourt, but they'd certainly be able to co-exist. Bargnani is better guarding centers, however, because his lone strength on defense is guarding in the post. Make him guard PFs and you take away his only strength on defense.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

True. I wonder why they aren't entertaining using Reggie for this purpose. I think he has an expiring contract to. Guess this makes him a more valuable trade asset. Obviously Hibbert has alot more to offer right now than Reg.
                        Roy is young, talented, big and has a contract of less than $2M/yr. You don't move that unless it's to fill a need elsewhere. He's not the kind of player you trade for an expiring contract.

Comment

Saba88 wrote: View Post
                          Right now if Calderon were sold for a good center player defensively that we should not tap into the team because after Belinelli jack is the one that has as dribbling and passing trio of 3. Barbosa is a player very fast penetration and attack by unpredictability
                          Did you read this comment before you posted it?
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't see Hibbert for calderon as a trade. Maybe Foster for Calderon would match up better salary wise. 7 million too 9 million? We need someone to match up against big bodies like shaq, dwight, bynum, oden etc.. So really all you need is someone to play 15-18 minutes a night against those big bodies and also to provide interior toughness on both ends of the floor. This would allow bargni to slip too the 4 against big teams.Dorsey's to short to match up against the big 7 footers.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Did you read this comment before you posted it?
                              Belinelli is the only one who can do the play after j.jack so it is too important if the calderon

I am Spanish so I have difficulty with English

Comment

Trade....maybe...in the works!!!

Jose Calderon
                                Macro Bellenelli

for

Roy Hibbert
                                Jamal Tinsley contract at 5.5 million for year (Cap hit)
                                2nd round pick

or

Jose Calderon
                                Macro Bellenelli
                                Sunny Weems
                                1st round pick(Toronto's 2011)
                                1st round pick(Maimi's 2011)

for

Roy Hibbert
                                Danny Granger

Kinda similar deal 2 what jazz offered for Al Jefferson...picks...but they gave minnesota TPE...Indiana is looking 2 rebuild and they want 2 shed there contracts...Danny has 4 years left..but they don't see him as player 2 build around...
                                Yes calderon has 3 years left...but they love his character and attitude for young players.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X