X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:
    "Reports yesterday had the Raptors still trying to trade Calderon for a big man, with talk of the Spanish guard heading to Indiana in exchange for the Pacer's Roy Hibbert."
    Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:

Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.
    hahaha i doubt this is going to push through.
    if it does, the Pacers will officially be our junkyard

Comment

Hibbert? He's not exactly a very strong rebounder, despite his 7 foot frame.

Je demande Paul George!

Comment

Hmmm ... Hibbert just had knee surgery few day ago . Anyone knows how bad is his injury?

Comment

Interesting, the salaries are lopsided that's for sure.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I don't see what Calderon would do for the development of the franchise.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
              I don't see what Calderon would do for the development of the franchise.
              Be able to give the ball to the developing players where they need it. But I'd be alright with trading him if it help the franchise long term.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Can we not do this deal...
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

this makes perfect sense...it continues a new tradition of re-acquiring assets that were unnecessarily traded away in the first place.

i dunno what to think of the actual rumour (i won't call it a 'deal')...obviously more pieces would have to be involved (from the pacers, or a 3rd team) to make the $$ work. just skimming their roster, the only guy who MIGHT be obtainable and who i'd actually like to have on the raps is price (and i'm fairly 'meh' on him) - obviously, granger is the carrot, but they aren't trading him.

guess is the pacers are trying to unload dunleavy or murphy (though i'm not sure why, they're both big expiring contracts), and for some reason, might be willing to part with a decent actual big man (who plays like an actual decent big man) to obtain a decent PG (are they that starved for 'decent' PG play?). maybe calderon & evans for hibbert & dunleavy?

they can't think we'd take back ford...right? even he's an expiring. they actually don't have any big contracts after this season (save for granger). hmmm...seems like they're planning for the future or something...which makes it really strange they'd entertain dealing hibbert. i can't see this happening.
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                    Hmmm ... Hibbert just had knee surgery few day ago . Anyone knows how bad is his injury?
                    Minor injury. No surgery.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...on-t-miss-work

Comment

Hibbert is kinda crap. He's a back-up C so I guess he'd be OK to have if we just want Amir and Davis platooning at PF. Dunleavy would be OK I suppose. That deal would be worse than the Diaw/Chandler deal that's for sure. Jordan is a dick.

Comment

Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.

TJ & Hibbert
                        FOR
                        Calderon

Would be okay in my books however - not that getting TJ back is a good thing - what matters is dumping the other two years of Jose's salary and getting a decent player/trade asset in Hibbert.

Comment

I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return. I wonder if a Calderon/Evans/Miami's 1st round pick for Granger/Hibbert/Ford would be enough? Indiana would get rid of Ford's contract, get a 1st round pick and save almost $24M over the next 4 seasons, on top of getting the PG they apparently covet to run the offense for their young team. Toronto would get a great SF, a backup C and would either buy-out Ford or use his expiring contract in another trade (I am assuming).

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons, according to figures on Hoopsworld.

Potential Lineup
                          C: Bargnani / Hibbert / Alabi
                          PF: Johnson / Davis / Dorsey
                          SF: Granger / Kleiza
                          SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli
                          PG: Jack / Barbosa / Banks
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return.

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons...

Potential Lineup
                            C: Bargnani / Hibbert / Alabi
                            PF: Johnson / Davis / Dorsey / Evans
                            SF: Granger / Kleiza
                            SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli
                            PG: Jack / Barbosa / Banks
                            c'mon, man!
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Wasn't Hibbert drafted by the Raps at the Pacers request (to complete the trade for ONeal)?

Comment

Working...
                              X