Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RYE wrote: View Post
    Hibbert is kinda crap.
    What?!?! Not according to all those Raptor fans who saw dealing him away in the Jermaine O'Neal trade as such a heinous and franchise killing deal.

YKOil wrote: View Post
    Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.
    The Raptors have a lot of big men, but Bargnani is the only center who you'd want to give minutes to. Hibbert would be a fine backup center, or low minute, temporary starting one, should they need him to be.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return.

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons...
    I really like Granger, but he's way overpaid and would really only help the team get back to mediocrity. He's not good enough to be a main guy on a contender, and, at 27, is not a long term solution, which the Raptors should be focusing on now. Now if the Raptors could somehow get George....
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
      Hibbert? He's not exactly a very strong rebounder, despite his 7 foot frame.

Je demande Paul George!
      itz cuz indiana doesnt get any stops

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        I really like Granger, but he's way overpaid and would really only help the team get back to mediocrity. He's not good enough to be a main guy on a contender, and, at 27, is not a long term solution, which the Raptors should be focusing on now. Now if the Raptors could somehow get George....
        I wish! I see Indi looking at rebuilding around George, with Granger and the expiring contracts of Ford/Dunleavy/Murphy/Foster as bait, but who knows what Indi is really thinking? lol

Comment

If we're going to get a big can he at least be a guy who can grab 10 boards per 36? I mean, Hibbert's not bad, but I think we can do better.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.
            why not kevin durant, russell westbrook, and 2 1st round draft picks for jose ?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              From the Globe & Mail Print Edition only:

Michael Grange says:

Calderon for Hibbert? Didn't we just trade away Hibbert in the JO deal a couple years back? Seems rather lopsided, but does have an entertainment aspect to it as Ford and Calderon would be reunited.
              Center Roy Hibbert Injures His Right Knee

By Dimitri - Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 8:000 comment
              I like

Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert injured his right knee in an international game and will be evaluated this weekend. The team said it believes the injury is minor.

Hibbert was playing for Jamaica against the host Dominican Republic on Tuesday when he injured the knee on a play that observers say didn’t appear serious. He was traveling Friday back to Indianapolis to have an MRI sometime this weekend.

“He slipped on the floor and hurt his right knee,” said Jordan Olivo, who works for a website that covers basketball in the Dominican Republic and saw the play. “I don’t think it’s serious. I think (the MRI) is more for precaution.
              http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/07/ce...is-right-knee/

Maybe BC and Triano are coming to the conclusion that Ed Davis is a lot more of a project then they were led to believe when they drafted him. Personally I think they got sold a bill of goods on him. From what I have seen of him so far in the LVSL he has a long way to go before he can be a positive Net contributor in the floor come November. Of course he still has three more games in the LVSL and October to show that has enough game to warrant serious rotation minutes come November.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't understand why BC is trying so hard to move the Only real play maker in this team now and NOT trade Jack at this point !

As far as Hillbert goes, a useless trade if you ask me and it is just a salary dump for us. there will be more players involved and I wonder who they are .

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                  why not kevin durant, russell westbrook, and 2 1st round draft picks for jose ?
                  Dude, I stated right off the top that I knew Calderon wasn't enough, but that it would be worth exploring to find out what it would take. Just because most Raps fans are sick of Calderon and his contract, doesn't mean that he doesn't have value to other teams. Looking at Granger, he is a SF that is signed for 4 yrs/$50M, on a team that just drafted their SF of the future (Paul George). I am sure there are Indi fans out there who would be just as happy to unload his contract as most Raps fans are to unload the contracts of Calderon and Turk (thank god that one is done). It can't hurt exploring, especially if Indi is as hot for Calderon as the rumors make them out to be. Relax, I just floated an idea.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Who was the GM that game Ford that big contract ? Was it Bc ?

Comment

Dunno why people are down on Hibbert. He's played two seasons. Still just a kid, and hardly played in year 1. It'd be nice to have a guy who can protect the rim.
                      You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

We need a big that can handle a little and can knock down a short jumper with some consistency, seems like all our bigs are raw defense/rebound guys. If thats the case our wings need to take it to the hole more or we're just gonna see the regular jump shooting raptors of old once again.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          this makes perfect sense...it continues a new tradition of re-acquiring assets that were unnecessarily traded away in the first place.

i dunno what to think of the actual rumour (i won't call it a 'deal')...obviously more pieces would have to be involved (from the pacers, or a 3rd team) to make the $$ work. just skimming their roster, the only guy who MIGHT be obtainable and who i'd actually like to have on the raps is price (and i'm fairly 'meh' on him) - obviously, granger is the carrot, but they aren't trading him.

guess is the pacers are trying to unload dunleavy or murphy (though i'm not sure why, they're both big expiring contracts), and for some reason, might be willing to part with a decent actual big man (who plays like an actual decent big man) to obtain a decent PG (are they that starved for 'decent' PG play?). maybe calderon & evans for hibbert & dunleavy?

they can't think we'd take back ford...right? even he's an expiring. they actually don't have any big contracts after this season (save for granger). hmmm...seems like they're planning for the future or something...which makes it really strange they'd entertain dealing hibbert. i can't see this happening.
                          Dunleavy and Hibbert for Calderon and Evans.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dunleavy is an expiring and they have a need with Turks gone at the 3 (I'll take a hurt Dunleavy over Turkolgu any day). He's not good enough to make a huge impact and his contract coming off the books is great. Hibbert is average and would be a decent backup which would ensure Davis and Johnson get playing time and force Bargs to defend better when he's on the court. They might look to start Hibbert but he's not a no-brainer to start like if Chandler was here.

I thought the deal for Chandler and Diaw might make the Raps a little too good (I mean medicore good instead of medicore bad) and take time away from the young players but this deal would suit me fine as it would ensure young players are playing, Bargnani doesn't have instant protection so he can't continue with his laziness and we'd lose enough to get a HIGH draft pick, not to mention an expiring deal off the books after the season is done.

Works for me.

Comment

If this trade rumor is legit and BC has started to make a deal with Indiana
                            then Calderon for Dunleavy and Hibbert works

We get an expiring contract in Dunleavy and a good young big man in Hibbert
                            The salary's work after the Turk trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=29agzud

Comment

I remember Hibbert shutting down Bosh last year.
                              At least he plays D, unlike Caldy.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/07/ce...is-right-knee/

Maybe BC and Triano are coming to the conclusion that Ed Davis is a lot more of a project then they were led to believe when they drafted him. Personally I think they got sold a bill of goods on him. From what I have seen of him so far in the LVSL he has a long way to go before he can be a positive Net contributor in the floor come November. Of course he still has three more games in the LVSL and October to show that has enough game to warrant serious rotation minutes come November.
                                c'mon, man...ed davis has ALWAYS been considered a project, why are you making up the idea now that anyone thought any differently? and considering this is the first 'real' basketball (term used lightly) he's played since mid-Feb., maybe we should cut the kid a touch of slack.
                                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X